GOODPASTURE FOOTBALL 2010

NEEDFORSPEED

The boys are off to a 3-0 start. As of today, they are ranked 4th in 3a. They look very good on offense. They have a BIG offensive line, with an all-state caliber quarterback. They have a good tight end, with two excellent wide receivers. There fullbacks are doing very good, and there wing backs are doing better than expected. The front seven on the defense looks very formitable, but the secondary still needs some work. This team has the look of a special team if they continue to work hard and work together as a team. I know that Coach Martin and his coaching staff has high expectations for this team. What do you think of them this year?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys are off to a 3-0 start. As of today, they are ranked 4th in 3a. They look very good on offense. They have a BIG offensive line, with an all-state caliber quarterback. They have a good tight end, with two excellent wide receivers. There fullbacks are doing very good, and there wing backs are doing better than expected. The front seven on the defense looks very formitable, but the secondary still needs some work. This team has the look of a special team if they continue to work hard and work together as a team. I know that Coach Martin and his coaching staff has high expectations for this team. What do you think of them this year?

a solid football team.offensive is very good alot of skilled players they will score on almost anybody. but defense has alot of loop holes.they will go deep in the play-offs but i can't see them making it to cookville.they will win their district and as long as their in the distict they are in they will win it.Defense is the only weakness i could see and im sure it will get tightend up before play off time,good luck the rest of the season and i do hope tssaa re-classifys goodpasture to another district because the are out of 90% league in the district.

a solid football team.offensive is very good alot of skilled players they will score on almost anybody. but defense has alot of loop holes.they will go deep in the play-offs but i can't see them making it to cookville.they will win their district and as long as their in the distict they are in they will win it.Defense is the only weakness i could see and im sure it will get tightend up before play off time,good luck the rest of the season and i do hope tssaa re-classifys goodpasture to another district because the are out of 90% league in the district.

If Goodpasture can get there pass defense under control, I see them making it to state this year! They play a soft zone all the time. I do not understand that. They play cover 3 or cover 2 most of the time. If the corners dont press and re-route the receivers in towards the safties, the safties wont have enough time to get over the top. And man to man every once in a while would be nice. They have the athletes. But it is early in the season, and I am sure Coach Martin will get it straightened out. Maybe some more speed at the safety positions when they play passing teams? We might be overcritical here, but the expectation level for Goodpasture is very high. They have a legit chance this year!

If Goodpasture can get there pass defense under control, I see them making it to state this year! They play a soft zone all the time. I do not understand that. They play cover 3 or cover 2 most of the time. If the corners dont press and re-route the receivers in towards the safties, the safties wont have enough time to get over the top. And man to man every once in a while would be nice. They have the athletes. But it is early in the season, and I am sure Coach Martin will get it straightened out. Maybe some more speed at the safety positions when they play passing teams? We might be overcritical here, but the expectation level for Goodpasture is very high. They have a legit chance this year!

alcoa will be the one yall will have to beat.I can't see goodpasture beating them but i have been wrong before. but i hope yall hammer them when it gets there i will be pulling for goodpasture all the way,i see a great game in the 3rd round with smith co.good luck and i'll be pulling for.i don't agree with the system but im still gonna pull for ya.

alcoa will be the one yall will have to beat.I can't see goodpasture beating them but i have been wrong before. but i hope yall hammer them when it gets there i will be pulling for goodpasture all the way,i see a great game in the 3rd round with smith co.good luck and i'll be pulling for.i don't agree with the system but im still gonna pull for ya.

Thank you. I agree that Alcoa is the team to beat. And they should be ranked #1 until someone in 3A beats them. I do think that this years Goodpastue team has a legit chance. They have size, speed, athletes, debth, and experience. You never know what's going to happen.

All I read here is alot of wishful thinking. The facts are Goodpasture has beaten two teams with 1 win and one team with 0 wins. Yes I do believe Goodpasture has improved some from last year, however there are alot of games to played with tougher competition in the next 7 weeks. I do not believe Goodpasture is even a playoff contender without at least 9 wins in the regular season. Sorry if I am coming off bitter but I am still angry over this guys bid on The Price is Right.

Edited by RicFlare

All I read here is alot of wishful thinking. The facts are Goodpasture has beaten two teams with 1 win and one team with 0 wins. Yes I do believe Goodpasture has improved some from last year, however there are alot of games to played with tougher competition in the next 7 weeks. I do not believe Goodpasture is even a playoff contender without at least 9 wins in the regular season. Sorry if I am coming off as bitter but I am still angry over this guys bid on The Price is Right.

Of course everyone is wishful when it comes to the team they support. But I do agree that you have to play all the games, and play them as they come. So far, Goodpasture has looked very good, and that is all we have to go by so far. But as far as high school teams, I have not seen a team in middle Tennessee yet that looks as good as Goodpasture!

As a Senior Parent, I want nothing more than our Cougars to Win State(vs Alcoa). My son was a freshman when we lost to them. I feel that this year we have the talent and the drive to get there if we continue to play as a team and improve each week on our pass defense. Coach Martin does a great job with the schedule to prepare the players. CPA will be a nail biter of a game . Looking forward to it. :popcorneater:

GO COUGARS

As a Senior Parent, I want nothing more than our Cougars to Win State(vs Alcoa). My son was a freshman when we lost to them. I feel that this year we have the talent and the drive to get there if we continue to play as a team and improve each week on our pass defense. Coach Martin does a great job with the schedule to prepare the players. CPA will be a nail biter of a game . Looking forward to it. :popcorneater:

GO COUGARS

I think alot of people are underestimating Goodpasture this year. I hope they keep taking care of business and winning each game. They have a great chance to go undefeated this year if they stay focused!

As a Senior Parent, I want nothing more than our Cougars to Win State(vs Alcoa).

Congrats Cougars on a great start toward the 2010 Silver Ball! I really hope you can make it all the way to Cookeville. It does appear Alcoa will be waiting for you. If you can keep Alcoa from beating you by 30 or more points you can hold you heads high and proudly place another Silver Ball in the trophy case. Now, pile it on against CPA! Go Cougars!

Thank you for the left handed compliment oldhick! We dont worry about Alcoa. Cougars, take them one game at a time. This is your year, and don't let anyone tell you what you can or can not do. Everybody knows about Alcoa, but this is still high school football, and anyone can be beat on any one given night. Most of the teams lose to Alcoa before the ball is even snapped! Enough about them, this is about Goodpasture. Play your hearts out boys, you have a legit chance this year. Work hard, and God willing, you will have a chance to prove your yourself in the playoffs.

Thank you for the left handed compliment oldhick! We dont worry about Alcoa. Cougars, take them one game at a time. This is your year, and don't let anyone tell you what you can or can not do. Everybody knows about Alcoa, but this is still high school football, and anyone can be beat on any one given night. Most of the teams lose to Alcoa before the ball is even snapped! Enough about them, this is about Goodpasture. Play your hearts out boys, you have a legit chance this year. Work hard, and God willing, you will have a chance to prove your yourself in the playoffs.

Permit me to clarify a little. I have been affiliated with Goodpasture for more than 40 years. Best school I ever attended! I have traveled as far East as Gatlinburg (GP) and frozen my tail off in Lake County (West) to cheer on my Cougars! Literally, my kinfolk have shed blood and sweat (no tears- we just get angry)on the beloved home field.

Believe me, I want the Cougars to get a Gold Ball! The obstacle to that goal is usually Alcoa. It definitely is this year. To do that we must take the program to the next level (literally). We should move up a level. If we had been in 3A a few years back, we would have two Gold Balls! If we can't do that! We should schedule Alcoa during the season, so we can get some early experience (CAK has gotten better playing Alcoa twice a year).

Alcoa is looking for four games next year. Let's play them at Alcoa. Get the school to make it a long weekend. Play Friday (or Thursday Night Rivalry Series) go to Gatlinburg for the weekend. Take in a UT game Saturday. Overflow the Gatlinburg church Sunday morning - I know they miss the old crowd for the GP game. Bring back the old days! That was always a great weekend!!

It will make us a better team and take away some of the Alcoa mystic!

C'mon, Let's make this Happen!!