GOODPASTURE FOOTBALL 2010

NEEDFORSPEED

If GP has a strong passing game and they and Alcoa do get the chance to meet again, it could be another one of those High scoring games much like the Alcoa-Huntingdon game was in 2004. Alcoa's passing D is very sub par. A lot of fans have the rose colored lenses and say "Oh well nobody passes against us" at the same time though we don't play many passing teams. Scott Co QB had nearly 200yds passing on Alcoa. You could argue that if the kid had some stronger athletes on his team, much like Goodpasture does, they could have done some damage. At the same time I don't think Goodpasture could run the ball very effective on Alcoa and I also don't think they could stop Alcoa's rushing attack. Would personally still give the game to Alcoa myself but not by a margin like previous years. I could see a 10 point spread. Only time will tell though

I never thought I would say this, but the strength of Goodpasture is there offensive line and there passing game. I can't believe I just said that. It will be hard to run up the middle on Goodpasture. It would be a great game to watch, but there are ALOT of good teams out there that could beat either Goodpastue or Alcoa if they dont come to play.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I would say this, but the strength of Goodpasture is there offensive line and there passing game. I can't believe I just said that. It will be hard to run up the middle on Goodpasture. It would be a great game to watch, but there are ALOT of good teams out there that could beat either Goodpastue or Alcoa if they dont come to play.

Anybody can beat anybody if you dont show up. I dont think its the running up the middle that would do the most damage, its running around the corners. Alcoa over all just has waaay to much speed for teams in Tennessee.

Anybody can beat anybody if you dont show up. I dont think its the running up the middle that would do the most damage, its running around the corners. Alcoa over all just has waaay to much speed for teams in Tennessee.

I know what you mean. Goodpasture has size, and speed on the edges. There have not been any teams so far that could run with any consistancy on Goodpasture's defense. What they need to do is work on there passing defense. If they can tighten that up, they have a chance against anybody. The difference with this Goodpasture team and others is that they still have a good running game, but there passing game is there strength, and I never thought I would say that! They have a junior quarterback (#3) who has started since his Freshman year. He can scramble and throw. You can tell that he is playing with confidence! There two receivers (#9 and #14) are very good. #9 is a senior and #14 is a junior. #9 is the more explosive threat, and #14 is more of a possesion receiver. And (#15) the tight end who is a junior, can block and move. They also throw to the backs, but those three are meat and potatos of the passing game. The quarterback is very accurate, scrambles and makes plays. I think you can count on one hand how many dropped passes by all three of those targets combined!

Ok, so after 6 games Goodpasture is 5-1. The boys looked a little concervative last night against DL. I think the strength of this team offensively is our passing game, and we should continue to work it. Again, #14 was making all the underneath catches, and #9 was making big plays and catching touchdowns. I dont know why they dont throw the ball more to #9? And #15 was not on the field last night. I hope everything is Ok. Bottom line is, this team has the talent to go as far as anyone this year in 3a, but they better get an answer for there pass defense. They need help, or change players, or change something. I dont know, but I have all the confidence in the world in Coach Martin and his coaching staff. I am sure they will make the proper adjustments. Continue to work hard courgars, and get ready for White House!

Ok, so after 6 games Goodpasture is 5-1. The boys looked a little concervative last night against DL. I think the strength of this team offensively is our passing game, and we should continue to work it. Again, #14 was making all the underneath catches, and #9 was making big plays and catching touchdowns. I dont know why they dont throw the ball more to #9? And #15 was not on the field last night. I hope everything is Ok. Bottom line is, this team has the talent to go as far as anyone this year in 3a, but they better get an answer for there pass defense. They need help, or change players, or change something. I dont know, but I have all the confidence in the world in Coach Martin and his coaching staff. I am sure they will make the proper adjustments. Continue to work hard courgars, and get ready for White House!

Totally agree and wish we would have thrown the ball more. #9 gets open! #15 & #2 were not playing for discipline reasons. I hope they fix their mistakes this week and focus on White House.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great way to end the season boys? Region Champs! It was nice to see the boys end the season on an uptick! I was at the Goodpasture/Greenbriar game and it was good to see the boys play well going into the playoffs! Oh by the way, I was enjoying a cheeseburger down by the snack bar when Keenan threw a beautiful pass into the corner of the endzone to #9. I was 10 feet from the play, and #9 definately caught the ball inbounds, the ref just did not see it! It was nice to see some solid tackling out of our defense. I thought #33 and #42 both had very good games. There was also some great blocking by our offensive line. #54 and #72 had some great blocks all night. #9 also did a great job crack blocking. #22 ran the ball great. And as usual, our quarterback #3 had another great performance. I like the way he spreads the ball around. Good luck boys!

Ok, Goodpasture wins there first round playoff game against the rival CPA. Good job boys. It was a basic game plan, but I am waiting for Goodpasture to open it up. I guess the time will come. I still would like to see them do miss-direction or even a reverse on offense to use the speed that they have. I really like it when they went to a four man defensive line last night. Work hard, and believe boys. Good luck against Sequatchie County!

Ok, Goodpasture wins there first round playoff game against the rival CPA. Good job boys. It was a basic game plan, but I am waiting for Goodpasture to open it up. I guess the time will come. I still would like to see them do miss-direction or even a reverse on offense to use the speed that they have. I really like it when they went to a four man defensive line last night. Work hard, and believe boys. Good luck against Sequatchie County!

Cougars knew going in without CP's starting QB they had the advantage,Just keep it simple avoid injuries, was the game plan. Worked to perfection