Reputation?

croz6110

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find instructional information about how to rate a member nor what the rating means. In fact I can't find instructions on anything. My reputation is 5. Is that better or worse than 1?

Found someone with a -1 rating. Definately can't figure out how to rate someone negatively. Then I saw the same members negative rating displayed on the bottom right hand corner of one of his posts. But just one post...not all his posts. Want to explain how to negatively rate someone? Or is that just for Admin?

Found someone with a -1 rating. Definately can't figure out how to rate someone negatively. Then I saw the same members negative rating displayed on the bottom right hand corner of one of his posts. But just one post...not all his posts. Want to explain how to negatively rate someone? Or is that just for Admin?

Members can rate a post by another member, using the + and - links at the bottom right of each post

• Upvote 2

I tried to rate a poster and I got a notification that I had reached my quota of ratings for the day. I have never used the function.can you explain this? As well, why does the number box to right of the plus and munus radio buttons not display the reputation of the logged in user? Is this feature not a workable feature yet? And in regard to the number of ratings per day, is there in fact a quota to how many ratings can be entered? If so what is this number? Or is this not a workable feature as well? It seems that these features are interesting but I can see how they could be abused. Is this why there is no explanation of how to use these features as you possibly don't want everyone having knowledge of how to use these them? I think a rating system could be very useful for all involved. Both negative and positive ratings. But at the same time it could be used for vengence and that would dampen it's effectiveness. Please allude.

• Upvote 1

The feature works fine. The number next to the +/- controls on each post notes how well the individual post was received. Your overall reputation score is listed in your profile, where it should be.

Plus members get four positive and one negative point to give per day. All other members are limited to two positive points per day, no negatives. You likely received the quota message because you are a regular member who cannot negatively affect someone's reputation.

I wouldn't over-think it too much. There is no repercussion for having a low reputation and no benefit of having a high one.

The feature reminds me a lot of what some members might remember as "Good Marks."

I tried to rate a poster and I got a notification that I had reached my quota of ratings for the day. I have never used the function.can you explain this? As well, why does the number box to right of the plus and munus radio buttons not display the reputation of the logged in user? Is this feature not a workable feature yet? And in regard to the number of ratings per day, is there in fact a quota to how many ratings can be entered? If so what is this number? Or is this not a workable feature as well? It seems that these features are interesting but I can see how they could be abused. Is this why there is no explanation of how to use these features as you possibly don't want everyone having knowledge of how to use these them? I think a rating system could be very useful for all involved. Both negative and positive ratings. But at the same time it could be used for vengence and that would dampen it's effectiveness. Please allude.

• Upvote 2

I think I have a solution CoachT. Iamoz showed up on my profile view today. Oddly enough my reputation was reduced today from 7 to 6. My suggestion to prevent posters from using this feature to negatively impact the boards is to program it to where a positive or negative reputation vote is logged and identifiable by the affected user as to whom made such a vote. This way it is made quantifiable. It puts responsibility on the poster attempting to rate the member. This should guarantee genuine responsibile votes. Because a member can go back and question the voter in question. And at least understand who said enemies or allies are.

• Upvote 2

What does viewing a profile have to do with anything? The points are logged and viewable by administrators in case there is any "foul play" as you say.

I think I have a solution CoachT. Iamoz showed up on my profile view today. Oddly enough my reputation was reduced today from 7 to 6. My suggestion to prevent posters from using this feature to negatively impact the boards is to program it to where a positive or negative reputation vote is logged and identifiable by the affected user as to whom made such a vote. This way it is made quantifiable. It puts responsibility on the poster attempting to rate the member. This should guarantee genuine responsibile votes. Because a member can go back and question the voter in question. And at least understand who said enemies or allies are.

The feature works fine. The number next to the +/- controls on each post notes how well the individual post was received. Your overall reputation score is listed in your profile, where it should be.

Plus members get four positive and one negative point to give per day. All other members are limited to two positive points per day, no negatives. You likely received the quota message because you are a regular member who cannot negatively affect someone's reputation.

I wouldn't over-think it too much. There is no repercussion for having a low reputation and no benefit of having a high one.

The feature reminds me a lot of what some members might remember as "Good Marks."

"Good Marks". I remember them fondly. :lol:

Announcements