Dobyns Bennett vs Daniel Boone

BatmanDB

Talking to DB fans now.....Big win tonight but lets not get two excited. Boone was not the team people were saying they were before the season started. We should of been far enough ahead that the 2's & 3's played the whole 4th. qtr. Boone should of never scored in this game. Great job by the defense in the second half, holding Boone to 7yrds. rushing and no points, but we need to start playing 4 qtrs. Same thing happened at Sevier County last week. Our secondary need lots of work. Receivers are getting wide open way to often. When we go up against the better teams we're going to be in big trouble if we don't fis this. Way to many silly mistakes also. Hope we use the next two weeks to do some fine tunning. Other than that we,ve beat the Dog DoDo out of everybody so far :)

I got a little caught up before the game talking about getting everything together by playoff time and the really better teams as well.We all said the same thing about taking them one at a time and just beat Boone down for starters.I'm glad Boone ran through the "we are the real DB"sign and the fans taunted us with the chop after their last TD.It reminded me of why so many of us wanted this game a little extra.It was good they put the ball in the air so much,because it's the time to look at film and play for another day.Maryville has a great passing team with much better athletes and unless Bearden pulls the upset before hand,that's what we will see if all goes well.

Edited by BatmanDB

Congradulations to DB football team and their fans. DB looked good tonight and you all were right on how the team has improved from last year. The size and speed was impressive and I am sure you all will even get better with every game. I hope DB goes deep in the playoffs and it would be great for East Tennessee to bring home the state title in 6A.

If we lose in the first round of the playoffs you'll be among the first to be on here throwing it up in our face. No room on our band wagon for Haters.

Good win for the Indians. A couple of things.

#75 Hunter Holt is really playing great on the D-Line.

Derrick Steele the Real Deal had a total mis-match all night long at WR and could of have 500 yds receiving if G-man would have called his number 10 times.

Devon Swafford is AWESOME and Sean Seabolt has a big "S" under his Jersey, played a great game with one exception... interception, pass thrown inot tripple coverage.

Anybody that says Boone shouldn't have scored at all in the game, obviously did not watch the game. Boone drove the length of the field on both of their first 2 drives... 1st drive stalled at the DB 22, missed a FG... and the 2nd drive ended in the DB End Zone. They had about 150 yards of offense at the end of the 1st qtr. Their last TD was an outstanding drive that had the DB Defense guessing, passing all the way down the field and then hitting a 25 yd draw play for the TD. They earned their points. That TD made it 21-13.. so the first half was entertaining.

G-Man needs to work on the Punting game, that will get the Indians beat against a good 6A Team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Good job to the Tribe as we all say speed kills and Seabolt showed his skills. I applaude Boone for passing a lot because that is what DB needs to work on the secondary. I know the refs helped on a few completions for Boone but not complaining DB still got the victory. The people at Boone are very classy and I wish them well throughout the season. By the way the visitor stands sucked!

If we lose in the first round of the playoffs you'll be among the first to be on here throwing it up in our face. No room on our band wagon for Haters.

I am sorry you feel that way, I came on here to congradulate you guys not to hate you. Not everyone hates DB and I am one that does NOT hate DB. I believe you will not have to worry about anyone saying anything about DB losing in the first round of playoffs because I think you guys will go further than that. I will gurantee you Booneman will never make fun of a team including DB after a lose. DB should win out and I wish you guys the best for the rest of the season.