Rhea County at Bradley

rheacountyeaglefan

Do you think coaches really care about politics over winning? All coaches play the players who believe deep down are the players that give them the best chance to win. End of story! To believe otherwise is simply assinine. If two players are equal, and I'm the coach, I'm going to play the one who has worked the hardest. Coaches know who has put the time in and deserves to play.

That does depend on if the Coach has his job on the line and one of the kids parents are on the board or in admin role. There are issues that come into play whether we admit it or not, the heat is always hotter inside the pan.

That does depend on if the Coach has his job on the line and one of the kids parents are on the board or in admin role. There are issues that come into play whether we admit it or not, the heat is always hotter inside the pan.

This is not such a common occurence as you make it out to be, that is always the perception of those with an axe to grind. If an administrator or board members son is a terrific athlete and wins the Mr. Football award, frustrated little league dads everywhere will say "my boy could have done the same thing if the coaches would give him an opportunity". This is a really played out scenario, and people just nod and agree so you will shut up and go away! If you are a ball player that can help the team win games (and add to a coaches resume)you will be on the field. If your son is not playing, he is behind someone better - life is not always as you (a parent) see it

Edited by kampkiffen

I honestly hope your child does not read this board. If he does, I hope he does not know who you are on here. I am appalled at the support for your own child. To belittle the team or be critical of coaching, the team, etc is one thing. To wish you child would quit being apart of something special is another thing. RC football, and I imagine other schools in general, is more than just football. It's where boys become men and are taught many things other than how to play the game. The things the boys learn apart from the sport, not to mention the comradery that they build with their fellow teammates, will last a lifetime. I can speak from experience that you may not remember a whole lot of times in the classroom or doing homework in high school. However, I can assure you, and everybody will back me up on this, former players can look back and tell you games won, games lost, the good times they had at practice, the long bus rides to/from games, and just the good times they had in general that pertained to football. High school sports is more than just winning or losing, period.

Good answer...I've seen too many kids encouraged to quit because of a lack of playing time or not starting...what message does that send...If you can't be the CEO why work for a company? Being a part of a good program and the things it teaches..and being influenced by good coaches and learning to work as a team and developing life-long friendships...That's why school systems go to all the trouble and expense to put teams on the field ..for those benefits! not so little johnny can be the star.

Tough loss for the Eagles tonight, we seemed to have the game pretty well in hand early on but Bradley made 1 more play than we did down the stretch. The touchdown we gave up right before the half really hurt

Yes sir.

Definitely impressed with the offense on the night. I feel like Coach Cameron heard the frustrations of CoachT and opened up his playbook. :roflol: I don't really know why we haven't been doing it the entire season. Gutsy performance tonight. It just didn't go our way.

Well watched a good ball game that Rhea County should have won. #2 and #6 you two are some hard nose players that give it all you got. Very much a joy to watch you all play. In my eyes as a spectator you 2 in some form need to be alot more invovled in the offense than you are. Great job tonight. And now to #8. You did an absolute great job scrambeling to find someone and make a play tonight. O line big turn around I think.

OC the run play that you kept running that didn't work. Do all a favor and do away with it. If it's not working why keep coming back to it? Other than that I think it was a good called game. Putting the ball in the hands of #8 is no doubt got to be your strong point. #2 and #6 is going to make plays. Add #84 and #10 in the mix I like the chances alot better.

Defense great job tonight minus a few mishaps. But hey that's why we play the game.

Eagles keep your heads up. It's up to you how you want to finish.

you can bash me all you want fact is i do everything in my power to support mine and everyone elses child in this county . i also played here,graduated from here,pay taxes here,and live here. i am very articulate i can read right and spell.no i dont punctuate every sentence but you guys are pathetic.you would get on a sinking ship if it was setting sail.you want here from me anymore because when someone speaks the truth you DO NOT want to here it.be happy and kiss it you freaking losers.

you can bash me all you want fact is i do everything in my power to support mine and everyone elses child in this county . i also played here,graduated from here,pay taxes here,and live here. i am very articulate i can read right and spell.no i dont punctuate every sentence but you guys are pathetic.you would get on a sinking ship if it was setting sail.you want here from me anymore because when someone speaks the truth you DO NOT want to here it.be happy and kiss it you freaking losers.

Go crawl back in your hole.

Happy trails :roflol: