HALLS VS OAK RIDGE

pxtra2010

Halls/Oak Ridge this week - would be nice to hear a little from some more Halls people. Stand up for those boys and get behind them - just because we have the losses don't mean you need to quit supporting those players that bust their butts every day to play a game on Friday night. Get up off your tails and get behind those boys.

I see improvement every week from the Red Devil camp. Oak Ridge will be up for it as they always are. I'm not ready to say this will be a close game at the moment because the Wildcats have a good team they just ran into a better one from Powell friday night. I think we keep playing hard on the defensive side and good things will start to happen. Keep you chins up and play hard let the rest fall what may.

Rally, we have two more chances to do that, AC and Maryville. Do you think we can beat either one of them? We should beat Halls, Karns, Hardin Valley and Campbell County, but with this team nothing is for sure. Clinton is a toss up at their place.

I can only hope that we do. I certainly hope that we beat all of the others you mentioned.

Rally, we have two more chances to do that, AC and Maryville. Do you think we can beat either one of them? We should beat Halls, Karns, Hardin Valley and Campbell County, but with this team nothing is for sure. Clinton is a toss up at their place.

After Friday night's win over Clinton, I wouldn't chalk up Hardin Valley as an automatic win. I don't think we can beat Maryville in 2 weeks. Unfortunately for us, their strengths (passing) really match up well (for them) with our weaknesses (defensive secondary). As far as Anderson County, I will reserve judgement until after next week.

I like our chances against Halls especially after seeing both teams play. However, I hope we take this game as a chance just to execute our offense with some precision over the course of the game. As I see it, our offense really hasn't progressed much at all since the Anderson county game last season. It's not as much as a lack of effort, as it is a lack of focus. We will not beat a quality team until this is fixed.

I will say "Amen" to some of your previous posts. Now is not the time to address or speculate what is wrong with the current state of Oak Ridge football; there is plenty of time to do that after the season is over. We should be encouraging our young men to do their best and do everything they can to play as a team. I hope the past game was a "wake up call" and this will be a productive week of practice. Go Cats!

Hardin Valley is much improved. I saw them comeback against Carter to win, that showed alot of heart and effort. I saw them outscore a solid West team 14-0 in the second half (21-14), and now they beat Clinton at Clinton which is tough to do. The coaches will have to make sure our kids don't overlook Hardin Valley. They are alot more physical up front than they appear on film. We will have to play well. This Oak Ridge team better be up for everybody on our schedule, if we play like we did against Powell we could lose any of these games.

There are some changes this week on offense that should help us out against Halls. Our receivers are going to have to catch the ball, they really struggled on Monday, had a bad day. Coach Rosser not happy.

Hardin Valley is much improved. I saw them comeback against Carter to win, that showed alot of heart and effort. I saw them outscore a solid West team 14-0 in the second half (21-14), and now they beat Clinton at Clinton which is tough to do. The coaches will have to make sure our kids don't overlook Hardin Valley. They are alot more physical up front than they appear on film. We will have to play well. This Oak Ridge team better be up for everybody on our schedule, if we play like we did against Powell we could lose any of these games.

There are some changes this week on offense that should help us out against Halls. Our receivers are going to have to catch the ball, they really struggled on Monday, had a bad day. Coach Rosser not happy.

Yea, I was very impressed with Hardin Valley's win.

Dropped passes are a pet peeve of mine. We have had way too many this season, both in games and practice. I just hope that Coach Rosser's unhappiness will result in some consequences for the lack of execution.

I agree with you guys that Hardin Valley is much improved. I went to the HV / Carter game since it was on a Thursday and saw their scrimmage with CAK. No question that program is headed upward. It doesn't hurt that it is now the largest school in Metro Knoxville. Their fan support is unreal considering they won 1 game in the last 2 years.

As far as Halls is concerned, they are not nearly as physically imposing as they were 2 years ago when a lot of people thought they might have a good chance to knock off Maryville. Their execution of the wing T is still pretty good IMO, but not nearly as precise as a Webb or the old Catholic offense, and they don't have as many outstanding athletes as they have had at times in the past. Having said that, we are still very young and not yet back to where we once were as well. The Wildcats should win this game, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet this season that would convince me that OR can take any game as guaranteed.

I believe CSB will have the Wildcats primed and ready to go.

flame.gif