OC/UC

redbirdfan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although its very hard to do, I'm Trying to stay off these boards and follow the advice a good friend and heck of a person gave me! "Don't buy into what the newspaper says, or what people post on coach t, because when you do you give ignorance power!" ............GO REBELS!!

Probably a coach told you that....

But it is addicting....

From what I could see, the Rebels defense did step up, but the offense deserves a lot of credit as well for the physicality they heaped on the two-way starters on UC defense. They wore down the two-way starters/ It still amazes me that the most physical players on the field are usually the little receivers for the Rebels. Good win now on to the state.

Maybe UC needs to play with a little bit more discipline...

Did anybody else see that awful spot of the ball on that 4th down try for the Rebels in the 2nd quarter??....If that wasn't enough they spotted the ball where it was suppose to be when they gave the ball to UC...They moved it a whole football length between the time they brought the chains out and the time they spotted the ball down for UC's first down...I was right on the line and saw it (and so did everybody else)...Also, on the last Rebel drive, why after the refs called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for spearing on UC on second down and about 16 did they mark off 10 yards and make it second and 6...I thought an unsportsmanlike penalty was 15 yards and an automatic first down...The ref made the signal with his arms stretched out and then made the motion to his head..At the very least it was a late hit but the UC kid led with his head on the Rebel player already down...Also in about the third quarter, A Rebel receiver went for a pass over the middle and was tackled by #53 for UC..The pass was incomplete but #53 shoved the Rebel receiver's head into the turf while getting up...The Rebel player got up real quick and #53 took a swing at him...On the play it was called a double unsportsmanlike..Why didn't #53 get thrown out of the game ??...

The Tornadoes get called for chop blocking in every game...I saw a couple of the Rebel coaches talking to the officials before the game..They may have been alerting the refs to that...I think the Tornadoes were called for it two or three times...The pass interference call on UC was an easy one to make..The kid was climbing all over the receiver's back...I saw both of the penalties on the kick-off return...

The ref thing ain't gonna fly and won't get any sympathy from Rebel folk...Rebel fans have seen their team crushed by penalties all season long...

I think you need to go ahead and change your name purple to red and blue standard. Alot of us on the home side were thinking this looked like the game at Wayne Co. with all of the sportmanship. That is exactly how they played last year and the year before when the Speed kid was playing when he got hit late on every play. Let's just say that at the end of the day it was just a game for $$$$$, and we will see what team is playing in the postseason, and P&G will be getting ready for Rebel basketball...

I think you need to go ahead and change your name purple to red and blue standard. Alot of us on the home side were thinking this looked like the game at Wayne Co. with all of the sportmanship. That is exactly how they played last year and the year before when the Speed kid was playing when he got hit late on every play. Let's just say that at the end of the day it was just a game for $$$$$, and we will see what team is playing in the postseason, and P&G will be getting ready for Rebel basketball...

Well, from my view on the visitor side (only the second time I've sat on the visitor side (and the last) in my life at War Memorial Stadium and I've been to many, many games there and played there for them as well, I was just a little disappointed in some of the actions of the kids in Purple & Gold,one in particular ...As for the Wayne County comment, I didn't see any women from Obion Central grabbing any kids from Union City and hitting them and making racial comments toward them...Comparing OC to what WC did is really kind of silly (I really wish I could have gotten to the kid painted up in Purple & Gold with the words "ACL Tear" on his back, I'd like to have known who it was...That was real classy)....As for the postseason, I do hope UC makes it and I hope they go all the way...Will they ??...I doubt it, they are awful young...I sure hope Wayne County gets to come over here and play..I bet they don't run that mouth in Union City like they did down in Waynesboro....Will OC make it ??..Who knows...I sure hope they do but I doubt very seriously you do, which is fine.....The definition of being hit late is when you get hit after the whistle blows...OC did nothing Friday night like they did on Speed three years ago...I saw maybe four or five times when they hit Chase after he had handed off (play still going and whistle not blown)...To be honest, with this team (OC) and the way Chase hides the ball so well, they probably thought he did have the ball...Believe me, the Rebels would have been whistled for it had they hit him after the whistle....

As far as Obion Central basketball...I don't really care if they win another game...I know that will make some of the Rebel folk on here unhappy but that's how I feel about it...I am not vested at all in that program anymore...

What I do agree with you on is this game is only played for money and I'm sure it looked good to have that stadium filled up because the only time it is nowadays is when OC comes to town...Nobody UC plays anymore can attract the kind of crowd that was at UC Friday night...So, the UC-OC game will continue to be played...

As far as my name change, I think I'll keep it like it is....I went to school there, played football there and graduated from there so I'll just keep it like it is...

To whoever vandalized the football field, I hope you get caught...Whether it be OC kids or somebody with an agenda against the Turf Management crew who timed their act to look like it had something to do with the game...That field is something to be proud of...The facilities at Union City are second to none in this state ....It's a shame someone thought it would be cool to do something like that...

Peace brother...At the end of the day it's just a football game and it's over now...Come next season I'll be in Troy sitting on the visitor side rooting on MY alma mater....

At P&G Standard.... yes it is addictive. And no, I don't talk to the coaches very often.

I wasn't really talking about the OC coaches...I was just talking coaches in general (Sounds like something a coach would say)...FWIW...The Rebel coaches wouldn't know me if they were in a room with me...I've never met em...Never spoken to em...That's the way I like it...

Well, from my view on the visitor side (only the second time I've sat on the visitor side (and the last) in my life at War Memorial Stadium and I've been to many, many games there and played there for them as well, I was just a little disappointed in some of the actions of the kids in Purple & Gold,one in particular ...As for the Wayne County comment, I didn't see any women from Obion Central grabbing any kids from Union City and hitting them and making racial comments toward them...Comparing OC to what WC did is really kind of silly (I really wish I could have gotten to the kid painted up in Purple & Gold with the words "ACL Tear" on his back, I'd like to have known who it was...That was real classy)....As for the postseason, I do hope UC makes it and I hope they go all the way...Will they ??...I doubt it, they are awful young...I sure hope Wayne County gets to come over here and play..I bet they don't run that mouth in Union City like they did down in Waynesboro....Will OC make it ??..Who knows...I sure hope they do but I doubt very seriously you do, which is fine.....The definition of being hit late is when you get hit after the whistle blows...OC did nothing Friday night like they did on Speed three years ago...I saw maybe four or five times when they hit Chase after he had handed off (play still going and whistle not blown)...To be honest, with this team (OC) and the way Chase hides the ball so well, they probably thought he did have the ball...Believe me, the Rebels would have been whistled for it had they hit him after the whistle....

As far as Obion Central basketball...I don't really care if they win another game...I know that will make some of the Rebel folk on here unhappy but that's how I feel about it...I am not vested at all in that program anymore...

What I do agree with you on is this game is only played for money and I'm sure it looked good to have that stadium filled up because the only time it is nowadays is when OC comes to town...Nobody UC plays anymore can attract the kind of crowd that was at UC Friday night...So, the UC-OC game will continue to be played...

As far as my name change, I think I'll keep it like it is....I went to school there, played football there and graduated from there so I'll just keep it like it is...

To whoever vandalized the football field, I hope you get caught...Whether it be OC kids or somebody with an agenda against the Turf Management crew who timed their act to look like it had something to do with the game...That field is something to be proud of...The facilities at Union City are second to none in this state ....It's a shame someone thought it would be cool to do something like that...

Peace brother...At the end of the day it's just a football game and it's over now...Come next season I'll be in Troy sitting on the visitor side rooting on MY alma mater....

P & G....you are right. Money talks and as long as the games remain clean...the game will be played.

What happened to the Gleason Player this past Friday night in their game with McKenzie sets us all back to what is most important...the game itself is last in my book. No matter who you play.

Take care...good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season. Playoffs we hope for both.

P & G....you are right. Money talks and as long as the games remain clean...the game will be played.

What happened to the Gleason Player this past Friday night in their game with McKenzie sets us all back to what is most important...the game itself is last in my book. No matter who you play.

Take care...good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season. Playoffs we hope for both.

Thanks..Same to the Tornadoes...You know I've been for UC every game they have ever played save for 5 games...And I need to change my screen name??..Still shaking my head on that one...

Thanks..Same to the Tornadoes...You know I've been for UC every game they have ever played save for 5 games...And I need to change my screen name??..Still shaking my head on that one...

Your doing fine. No name change needed. The Rebels fan base my want that but your good. Most folks understand. It must be you have someone playing on the Rebel team and I noticed your a U C Grad yourself.