District 6-AA

TynerRamFan

...I meant no disrespect...but let me address the rest of your comment...how long are ya'll going to say that your players are 'too young'??? It only took Signal Mtn. a year in JV to produce a winning program...I know EH is in a much tougher District but ya'll returned 11 on Offense and Defense...I could see the improvement from last year to this year but I will not buy-into the comment that your team is 'too young'...how about the "Rams" just being a better team??? Just call it like you see it "EHgreen"...I would like to personally thank all the EH fans that contributed to the concession stands last week...we only have two more home games(only 4 this year)and the booster club probably didn't purchase like they normally do in a 5 or 6 home-game season...when will EH be able to host a game???? I understand ya'll used Bob Evans Field last week to play Pope John Paul II...and since you are defending your losses how come you lost that game??? Is the answer still 'too young'?? (You see how that answer can be annoying)

...And lastly the two(2) RB's that scored the last two TD's were 2nd and 3rd team players and the scores came at the 4:12 mark and 0:39 mark of the 4th quarter.

Wow... where to start. I guess I will start with the "Still Young" part. We have many Sophomores that are playing in key positions, last year they were freshmen playing in key positions. I can honestly say... no disrespect to yours or any other programs we have played to date... WE have been our own worse enemy. MISSED tackles for loss. MISSED holes with running backs. MISSED receivers who are wide open and never even looked at. Just plain MISSED opportunities that you have to take advantage of in order to compete in this district. Next year will most likely be another tough season as we will only have nine returning players who will be Seniors, but all the returning sophomores that will be juniors will help. But... in TWO years, our current Freshmen squad who are dominating on the grid-iron will be Juniors and we will have a great core of solid players and depth. We should be contenders for the District Championship that year, NO EXCUSES. As far as your second and third string players scoring... they should have scored, we still had our starting players on the field and MOST of them had gone two ways the entire game. Many of us would have loved to have seen some of the back ups getting some late game reps. I believe they might have fared better. As far as having our own home field to play on, what a joke. You can't get anything accomplished with this school system and it will most likely be several more years before we ever play a game at our own school. I say... park some trucks on the hill, shine the headlights on the practice field and play ball. At least that way we can have a home game. BTW... if you think it is annoying to hear it, try living it!

Edited by EHgreen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...This week should get the 'contenders' a little closer and the 'fog' should be getting a little clearer when the dust settles after this Friday night:

Howard vs Brainerd-both teams are coming off big losses(Austin-East & Alcoa)but that will have nothing to do with who wins this game when these two take the field...on paper it's Howard by 2 or 3 TD's but when rivalries play something always comes up...I really don't think Brainerd will have the depth!!!

Red Bank vs Central-It was a surprise to many that RB won against Cleveland while Central was getting whipped by S.Pittsburg...in my humble opinion these are two teams going in the opposite direction...Red Bank wins big in this one!!!

E.Ridge vs Tyner-the "Rams" are coming off of a 'bye' week so everybody should be ready to go...it's Homecoming night so we must protect ourselves against the other outside distractions...it might develop slowly but you know my pick :thumb:

Hixson vs E. Hamilton-"battle of the bottom" so I won't even try to predict!!

...WOW...Central upset Red Bank 16-11...that's why they play the game and the biggest game is always the next game!!!

...More later

...WOW...Central upset Red Bank 16-11...that's why they play the game and the biggest game is always the next game!!!

...More later

...and the fact that they did it without their starting QB and several other key players because of the suspension from the brawl with South Pitsburg made it even more amazing. It is rare to see a safety... but three safeties in the first half? Kind of an odd game to watch. Both teams basically tried to out run the other to the sideline on every play. This was my second time to see Red Bank, the first was against a lack luster Boyd team, neither game did they look very impressive... or at least like the teams you are use to seeing from that high school.

...After six(6) weeks(7 if you include week 'zero')of football the District is looking like it will come down to week 9 before any solid projections can be made...and with the current playoff format who knows where anybody will be playing after week 10...each team is only as good as it's last victory and the same can be said about this week's games:

Central @ Brainerd- the Pounders have been a very peculiar team...they get blown-out at South Pitt then they beat Red Bank in a slugfest...Brainerd on the other hand looks like they are saying wait 'till next year but stranger things have happened on Moore Road!!!

Hixson @ E. Ridge- the Pioneers should win this one going-away...but what do I know...E.Ridge has the depth and Hixson doesn't!!!

Howard vs. E.Hamilton- the 'Canes have surprised me but I don't think they can handle the Hustlin'Tigers!!!

Tyner "Rams" @ Red Bank- this is the 'marquee' match-up of the week...all the TV stations including Stump-On-Sports will be in Red Bank on Thursday night...the "RAM" seniors will need to step-up big time in this game and forget about the "hype"...at 7:30pm it will be 0-0 and anybody's game until the final horn!!!

...After six(6) weeks(7 if you include week 'zero')of football the District is looking like it will come down to week 9 before any solid projections can be made...and with the current playoff format who knows where anybody will be playing after week 10...each team is only as good as it's last victory and the same can be said about this week's games:

Central @ Brainerd- the Pounders have been a very peculiar team...they get blown-out at South Pitt then they beat Red Bank in a slugfest...Brainerd on the other hand looks like they are saying wait 'till next year but stranger things have happened on Moore Road!!!

Hixson @ E. Ridge- the Pioneers should win this one going-away...but what do I know...E.Ridge has the depth and Hixson doesn't!!!

Howard vs. E.Hamilton- the 'Canes have surprised me but I don't think they can handle the Hustlin'Tigers!!!

Tyner "Rams" @ Red Bank- this is the 'marquee' match-up of the week...all the TV stations including Stump-On-Sports will be in Red Bank on Thursday night...the "RAM" seniors will need to step-up big time in this game and forget about the "hype"...at 7:30pm it will be 0-0 and anybody's game until the final horn!!!

..."Defense" does it again @ Red Bank 28-7...2 int.'s (one returned for a TD) and a fumble recovery returned for a TD... nice 75 yard reception by Tevin Cowen which set-up the last TD by "D". Suttles...Travis should be back next week(Central @ Tyner-Senior Night)...Keep rolling "RAMTRAIN", still got a ways to go!!!

...Well, two out of four ain't bad...Hixson beats E.Ridge, 35-7 & Brainerd over Central, 6-3

Is that Hixson score right, that's a shocker.

...I was shocked but the Times Free-Press had it too...looks like #1/#2 will be determined in the game between Tyner and Howard...but I can't get ahead of myself...next weeks games' analysis will come on tomorrow!

Current District Standings:

Howard 4-0

Tyner 4-0

Central 2-2

E.Hamil.2-2

Brainerd 1-3

E.Ridge 1-3

Hixson 1-3

Red Bank 1-3

...I don't know what this says for any of the teams that are 4A(Tyner & Howard are 3A).

...I was shocked but the Times Free-Press had it too...looks like #1/#2 will be determined in the game between Tyner and Howard...but I can't get ahead of myself...next weeks games' analysis will come on tomorrow!

Howard 4-0

Tyner 4-0

Central 2-2

E.Hamil.2-2

Brainerd 1-3

E.Ridge 1-3

Hixson 1-3

Red Bank 1-3

...I don't know what this says for any of the teams that are 4A(Tyner & Howard are 3A)."

Just from looking at records on TSSAA website it appears that 4A is not that strong this year anywhere. 3A looks to have the strongest classification this year among the two. Howard and Tyner will have a tough time this year in the playoffs depending on who they get early. They may have strong teams but it is just hard to tell this year because the 4A teams in District 6AA are just not that strong. I think anyone that makes it to the playoffs from this district including Tyner and Howard will not go that far. 3A just looks to have some very good teams going to the playoffs this year. I may be wrong but this is just what I have seen this year with the teams that I have seen play so far.

Edited by pigpen874

Just from looking at records on TSSAA website it appears that 4A is not that strong this year anywhere. 3A looks to have the strongest classification this year among the two. Howard and Tyner will have a tough time this year in the playoffs depending on who they get early. They may have strong teams but it is just hard to tell this year because the 4A teams in District 6AA are just not that strong. I think anyone that makes it to the playoffs from this district including Tyner and Howard will not go that far. 3A just looks to have some very good teams going to the playoffs this year. I may be wrong but this is just what I have seen this year with the teams that I have seen play so far.

...With the exception of Alcoa in 3A, I think both Howard and Tyner are able to handle any team in 3A...Which teams are you talking about??...please name them and maybe we can continue this conversation

Howard 4-0

Tyner 4-0

Central 2-2

E.Hamil.2-2

Brainerd 1-3

E.Ridge 1-3

Hixson 1-3

Red Bank 1-3

...I don't know what this says for any of the teams that are 4A(Tyner & Howard are 3A).

E.Ridge @ E.Hamilton- the battle of the "East"...I'll pick the 'Canes...they are going up!!

Red Bank @ Brainerd- I'll say it again...strange things have happened on Moore Road.

Howard @ Hixson- Hustlin'Tigers put it on cruise control but watch out and don't look past the Wildcats!!!

Central @ Tyner "Rams"- It's 'Senior Night' and on the eve of Fall Break...hopefully we will be focused and play our best "defensive" game of the year>>> Let's GO "RAMTRAIN" beat them pounders!!!!!!

...With the exception of Alcoa in 3A, I think both Howard and Tyner are able to handle any team in 3A...Which teams are you talking about??...please name them and maybe we can continue this conversation

I am not real familiar with most of the teams in 3A but there are several unbeaten and leading in their respective districts. I have seen both Howard and Tyner play and both are very beatable. I know Alcoa is a jugernaut but the game against Howard just shows that Howard will struggle against a good team. I may be wrong but after seeing both of them play I was not real impressed with either. They have played well in district play but with the district competition being down this year it is just hard to tell how strong they will be in post season when they see stronger competition.