District 6-AA

TynerRamFan

I follow Red Bank and have for many years including this year.

And no this is not sour grapes nor am I upset that Tyner beat us. I knew we would have to play one of our better games that we have played this year to beat them and we were a long way from doing that. As I stated in my original post no 4A teams in District 6AA this year is strong including Red Bank. We must win out to even have a chance to make the playoffs. I also said in my original post that it was my opinion based on what I have seen that no team in District 6AA will go too far in post season and TynerRamFan took exception to that about Tyner. In my argument against that I showed that they have not played a real playoff contender yet and beaten them. When they did play one (Baylor) they lost, until I see otherwise I will stick to my original opinion. Howard also has only played one strong team (Alcoa) and they lost also. I have never said Tyner or Howard was bad I was saying they are not as good they are being made out to be. I may be proven wrong but they have neither shown otherwise yet.

Red Bank is young and hopefully the next year or two we will be back to being a real contender but they still must get the job done this year, maybe they will turn things around by playoff time.

...Now we're getting somewhere...Red Bank, huh??? Well it finally adds up...you surely can't talk about any team not measuring up since the so-called team of the decade (with six(6) defensive starters from Tyner last year) was bounced out of the playoffs and didn't even make it to the semi's after being ranked # 1 in the AP polls!!

...Dear Moderators(CoachT)...please take a looong look at this so-called poster...he/she claims to know football but the majority of his/her posts are in the SOFTBALL forum...this was a very 'peaceful' thread before it was invaded by this impersonator...and moderators, please let him know that a good football program never uses the excuse of being "young"...I know I hit a nerve and I knew it was a reason he wouldn't say which team he supported...Red Bank...I am not in the Basketball forum but not only did we beat you in football we "pasted" those buns on the court three(3) times this past season...I just thought I'd throw that one in :roflol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I missed your predictions for this week but I just saw them and like that you are giving the Canes a little respect. Hopefully we can live up to your prediction and celebrate Senior night with a big "W". Still not sure how Hixson did what they did to East Ridge but I sure hope we can follow suit. From what I have seen of Central, I think if the Ram Train can contain with their defensive ends, it will be a long night for the Pounders. Hope their punter eats his Weaties. As the season draws to the final weeks, the match ups seem to get more interesting for the 4A teams.

Go Canes!

...'EHgreen'...you probably couldn't read through all the other stuff that has cluttered-up the thread...sometimes teams are late bloomers...I think the 'Canes' are showing how they have matured...make no mistake about it, Central is a very dangerous team and we will need to play our best "defensive" game of the year to beat them...it's also our "SENIOR" night, so the distractions will be an issue but hopefully they will focus...Good Luck!!!

...GO "RAMS"!!!

...Now we're getting somewhere...Red Bank, huh??? Well it finally adds up...you surely can't talk about any team not measuring up since the so-called team of the decade (with six(6) defensive starters from Tyner last year) was bounced out of the playoffs and didn't even make it to the semi's after being ranked # 1 in the AP polls!!

...Dear Moderators(CoachT)...please take a looong look at this so-called poster...he/she claims to know football but the majority of his/her posts are in the SOFTBALL forum...this was a very 'peaceful' thread before it was invaded by this impersonator...and moderators, please let him know that a good football program never uses the excuse of being "young"...I know I hit a nerve and I knew it was a reason he wouldn't say which team he supported...Red Bank...I am not in the Basketball forum but not only did we beat you in football we "pasted" those buns on the court three(3) times this past season...I just thought I'd throw that one in :roflol:

Yes Moderators please read all these posts....I have been cruising through all these post about the teams in our area and have been following this post. It has definitely gotten interesting!Sounds like someone hit a nerver with this guy. Who cares if you post on softball, basketball, or whatever and who said you have to be an expert on the sport to post. Can you not follow several sports? And aren't we all impersonators posting under usernames? The team I follow is not in your district but very well may wind up close to it in the near future. Pigpen874 is only stating an opinion. Isn't that what these forums are about. We all have observations and our own opinions and not everyone agrees. Pp874 also commented on Howard as well and I do not see any Howard fans on here taking offense to what was said. TynerRamFan give my a break and grow up. You also have part in turning this into something other than a peaceful thread. I beileve your comments of "junior?????, don't insult our intelligence with your elementary and 'factless' ramblings, So "junior"...put that in your pipe and smoke it!," and your three strikes your out or just as tasteless. As the old saying goes if you can dish out you better be able to take it! So yes Moderators please look at all of these posts as all of these are based on opinion! Oh and by the way if you want who my team is ... it is Signal Mtn. But I could only be pretending to support them and yes please go and look at all my other posts! I myself do not even agree with how some of the things are going on my team, but then again it is my opinion!

Those six Tyner players didn't help out much last did they? We did make it past the first round last year! Don't use "we got screwed and had to play Alcoa" has an excuse either!

Don't think we were talking about last year I think the discussion was about this year and nobody has said that Red Bank this year was going to be strong. We were not even in the local paper's top ten area teams at all this year. And yes we are young this year, it is a FACT.

Talk about hitting a nerve....my original post was my opinion on that status of teams in District 6AA and how I thought they would fare in the playoffs. You are the one that went off on a rampage when I didn't bow down to the "Ram Train" alter. You wanted facts and I gave them to you, you just couldn't handle knowing the real facts about not beating any strong teams this year. I knew it would kill you and have to go hunt me down on other boards, what a life. I don't think I was asked until Indian asked and when he did I put it out there on who I followed.

By the way who cares about basketball? I sure don't and you probably will whip Red Bank this year up and down the court, don't really care.

Those six Tyner players didn't help out much last did they? We did make it past the first round last year! Don't use "we got screwed and had to play Alcoa" has an excuse either!

Don't think we were talking about last year I think the discussion was about this year and nobody has said that Red Bank this year was going to be strong. We were not even in the local paper's top ten area teams at all this year. And yes we are young this year, it is a FACT.

Talk about hitting a nerve....my original post was my opinion on that status of teams in District 6AA and how I thought they would fare in the playoffs. You are the one that went off on a rampage when I didn't bow down to the "Ram Train" alter. You wanted facts and I gave them to you, you just couldn't handle knowing the real facts about not beating any strong teams this year. I knew it would kill you and have to go hunt me down on other boards, what a life. I don't think I was asked until Indian asked and when he did I put it out there on who I followed.

By the way who cares about basketball? I sure don't and you probably will whip Red Bank this year up and down the court, don't really care.

Since it appears everyone is throwing in their two cents, I will throw in mine... and I am sure two cents is more than it is worth. You are correct about Red Bank not being chosen in the Top Ten, as far as that goes, all the talk I heard about Red Bank during preseason was that they would be simply BAD this year because of graduating all the starters. However, Red Bank has been nothing less than over achievers this season given what experience they had coming back. I have seen them play twice and both times looked a little dysfunctional, and yes I know dysfunctional as I have pulled for East Hamilton for the past year and a half. Regardless of the fact, Red Bank has done what it has taken to win some tough games. As far as basketball goes, you may want to go see a few games this year. I think Red Bank will be the team to beat. They have one of the best returning players in the state with Nick Ross. He is something special and can really light it up from just about any spot on the court. As far as Tyner and Howard goes, I have seen a few weaknesses but I have also seen enough heart and natural talent to over come the few weaknesses. As long as they play like RamTrainFan says... one game at a time, they have the opportunity to compete with any 3A team in the state. (After all nobody thought South Carolina could beat Alabama) I will go as far to say that Tyner will beat Howard this year but I also know it will be a slugfest. I believe the team that makes the least amount of turnovers and penalties will win that game. No matter who goes to the playoffs from 3A and 4A from Chattanooga, I will pull for them and wish them luck. And as soon as basketball season starts, I will be there as well, cheering for my Canes and enjoy watching all the area talent. We definitely have some of the best basketball talent in the state. Look for the Canes to shine this year in basketball, they had a great summer camp and are finally starting to gel as a team. We don't have a Nick Ross from RB or a Tevin(?) from Tyner, but our boys are playing well as a team. (Based on Summer Camp)

Red Bank looks to be in transition..no more students coming down from Signal Mountain, plus Signal and probably East Hamilton might look like better destinations for students allowed to/wishing to transfer schools or enter 9th grade out of their own area.

Edited by Indian

...Priceless...This shows you don't even read anything but the local papers...take a look at Murphy Fair 2010(TN High School Football) and you will see that Red Bank was picked to finish 1st in the District and tied for 3rd in the Pre-season Top Ten(4A)poll...when you go all out to get your "facts" just make certain you know what you are talking about...and yes, I use the resouces to get the information that I need just like you do and it didn't take hunting you down just a simple 'point-and-click'!!! I still stand by my statement: When you have a football 'program' using the excuse of being 'young' is just an excuse (in case you begin to lose) !!!

...Priceless...This shows you don't even read anything but the local papers...take a look at Murphy Fair 2010(TN High School Football) and you will see that Red Bank was picked to finish 1st in the District and tied for 3rd in the Pre-season Top Ten(4A)poll...when you go all out to get your "facts" just make certain you know what you are talking about...and yes, I use the resouces to get the information that I need just like you do and it didn't take hunting you down just a simple 'point-and-click'!!! I still stand by my statement: When you have a football 'program' using the excuse of being 'young' is just an excuse (in case you begin to lose) !!!

If you need me to I will refresh you on what a local paper is and not a magazine that is published one time a year and I do have a copy of it in my truck, it sure doesn't look like a newspaper to me. The local paper has more current information with local reporters about the teams for the upcoming year, Murphy bases alot of his information and preseason polls on performances from the past year. When a football "program" is a high school there will be years that you are young. In case we begin to lose? If you look at the 'local paper' we have lost our last 4 out of 5 games and will need to play our best just to win the next three games. Brainerd, East Hamilton, and Hixson are all playing better football right now and none will be pushovers.

I think when it all boils down he is just mad because the smaller schools are beating the bigger schools this year...Dont get mad just tell your Coach to recruit a little harder...Its embarrassing for Redbank to get beat by Howard and Tyner in the same year...I understand but dont say the division is weak because these two schools are whippn but this year>>they simply just have better athletes Howards entire backfield are in the 300 club>>>and love or hate Tarver he has built a machine over there at Howard if you dont believe me look at the players he has to go on to the next level!! i dont care if its a small school, a HBCU or large college he has changed the atmosphere over there and is probably sending more kids to college playing football than any other school in the city>>>i was very critical about him but i see what he is doing and see the change in the program and i will take that over the wins anyday>>>i dont care if howard wins the region or not>>> but if they are having more kids ready to play on the next level>>>who really wins??? Congrats to my Hustlin Tigers keep doin your thang....when we win itll always be an excuse>>> like plies says>>> Wonder Y they Hate us so much????

You are correct and I will admit it, the 3A schools are stronger this year than the 4A schools in District 6 but both have struggled a couple of games this year and shown some weaknesses. If they do this in the playoffs they will get beat.

In the entire state there will only be 21 out of 53 teams in 4A not make it to the playoffs this year and all 6 4A teams in District 6 stand a chance of not making it and being a part of the 21. I believe that shows a weak district.

I think the team that makes the least mistakes this week between Howard and Tyner will win the game. Should be a good game.

One thing I saw different this year with Howard compared to last is they seemed to be more disciplined and that may have lead to some of their success this year.