District 6-AA

TynerRamFan

...This Friday(after 10pm) we will know who the front-runners are in the District as the top four(4) teams square-off: Red Bank(1-0) @ Howard(1-0) and Tyner(1-0) vs. E. Hamilton(1-0) @ Finley. As we approach mid-season, we will anticipate some excellent games in the month of October. Brainerd(0-1) plays at E.Ridge(0-1) in a key game as does Central(0-1) @ Hixson(0-1) with the losers of those two games facing an uphill battle to reach the playoffs.

...Here are my picks:

Tyner-"Rams" continue to roll!!!

Howard-speed cancels each other out and the game is decided by OL & DL.

Brainerd- more skill players than E.Ridge but wouldn't be surprised if E.R. won.

Central- Hixson still searching for 1st District win.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...This Friday(after 10pm) we will know who the front-runners are in the District as the top four(4) teams square-off: Red Bank(1-0) @ Howard(1-0) and Tyner(1-0) vs. E. Hamilton(1-0) @ Finley. As we approach mid-season, we will anticipate some excellent games in the month of October. Brainerd(0-1) plays at E.Ridge(0-1) in a key game as does Central(0-1) @ Hixson(0-1) with the losers of those two games facing an uphill battle to reach the playoffs.

...Here are my picks:

Tyner-"Rams" continue to roll!!!

Howard-speed cancels each other out and the game is decided by OL & DL.

Brainerd- more skill players than E.Ridge but wouldn't be surprised if E.R. won.

Central- Hixson still searching for 1st District win.

...So far, so good...even my disclaimer about Brainerd!!! This week (with the exception of Tyner) everybody is playing non-district games...I won't predict but wish all of the 6-AA teams are victorious!!!

Edited by TynerRamFan

I don't like it when a coach proclaims "we are a better team than they are" despite just losing, the way Brainerd's did after the East Ridge loss. If you think it, at least keep it out of the paper. That just doesn't show much leadership or respect for the opponent who just scored more points, no matter if it turns out they're better or worse over the season.

I still think Central can play well enough defensively to have a chance against anyone in the district but they have to get things going on offense. They wiped out Silverdale I think, but only 6 against Howard, 17 vs a really struggling Hixson team. They did score 21 on Sequatchie but one was returning a dropped snap by the punter for a score, and another was after taking down near the goal line after a kick return fumble. The other TD they took over at the Seq 30 after getting a return partially called back.

I don't like it when a coach proclaims "we are a better team than they are" despite just losing, the way Brainerd's did after the East Ridge loss. If you think it, at least keep it out of the paper. That just doesn't show much leadership or respect for the opponent who just scored more points, no matter if it turns out they're better or worse over the season.

I still think Central can play well enough defensively to have a chance against anyone in the district but they have to get things going on offense. They wiped out Silverdale I think, but only 6 against Howard, 17 vs a really struggling Hixson team. They did score 21 on Sequatchie but one was returning a dropped snap by the punter for a score, and another was after taking down near the goal line after a kick return fumble. The other TD they took over at the Seq 30 after getting a return partially called back.

...Brainerd's coach needs to attend the course 101-"Comments to the Media" with instuctor Wayne Turner...if you lose, you just lose, period!!! I noticed in the box scores of the Central game that they are not getting the ball to Hubbard...clearly the best athlete that they have and yes they are still a team that could surprise you especially if you overlook them!!!

Lol...I heard Brainerds coach and Howards Coach are 1st Cousins...that don't get along at all...I think Jackson can learn smthg from his cousin because he will atleast say the politicaly things...But what about RedBank coach saying similar statements in the loss to Howard...Jackson is a good coach...he is arogant but you need that swagg sometimes

Lol...I heard Brainerds coach and Howards Coach are 1st Cousins...that don't get along at all...I think Jackson can learn smthg from his cousin because he will atleast say the politicaly things...But what about RedBank coach saying similar statements in the loss to Howard...Jackson is a good coach...he is arogant but you need that swagg sometimes

From the way it sounds RB's coach should feel lucky he gets players from your part of town and be content with that.

...This week should get the 'contenders' a little closer and the 'fog' should be getting a little clearer when the dust settles after this Friday night:

Howard vs Brainerd-both teams are coming off big losses(Austin-East & Alcoa)but that will have nothing to do with who wins this game when these two take the field...on paper it's Howard by 2 or 3 TD's but when rivalries play something always comes up...I really don't think Brainerd will have the depth!!!

Red Bank vs Central-It was a surprise to many that RB won against Cleveland while Central was getting whipped by S.Pittsburg...in my humble opinion these are two teams going in the opposite direction...Red Bank wins big in this one!!!

E.Ridge vs Tyner-the "Rams" are coming off of a 'bye' week so everybody should be ready to go...it's Homecoming night so we must protect ourselves against the other outside distractions...it might develop slowly but you know my pick :thumb:

Hixson vs E. Hamilton-"battle of the bottom" so I won't even try to predict!!

...This week should get the 'contenders' a little closer and the 'fog' should be getting a little clearer when the dust settles after this Friday night:

Howard vs Brainerd-both teams are coming off big losses(Austin-East & Alcoa)but that will have nothing to do with who wins this game when these two take the field...on paper it's Howard by 2 or 3 TD's but when rivalries play something always comes up...I really don't think Brainerd will have the depth!!!

Red Bank vs Central-It was a surprise to many that RB won against Cleveland while Central was getting whipped by S.Pittsburg...in my humble opinion these are two teams going in the opposite direction...Red Bank wins big in this one!!!

E.Ridge vs Tyner-the "Rams" are coming off of a 'bye' week so everybody should be ready to go...it's Homecoming night so we must protect ourselves against the other outside distractions...it might develop slowly but you know my pick :thumb:

Hixson vs E. Hamilton-"battle of the bottom" so I won't even try to predict!!

Battle of the Bottom? Really? Come now TynerRamFan... we just made a considerable contribution to your cause last Friday night as your concession stand ran out of many items due to our large fan base and their refreshment needs. Your Rams will probably be sporting new uniforms next season after our contribution last year and our homecoming game this year. Your comment would be correct for last year but this year we already have a district win against Brainerd. And the coaches made a nice change at a key position last week where we have struggled and now our offense is moving in the right direction. We still have way too many young players having to step up due to being a new school but they are making some strides. Come now RamFan... show us a little respect. After all, our game with you all was a harder fought game than the final score showed. I believe your last two scores came in the last two minutes of the game.

Battle of the Bottom? Really? Come now TynerRamFan... we just made a considerable contribution to your cause last Friday night as your concession stand ran out of many items due to our large fan base and their refreshment needs. Your Rams will probably be sporting new uniforms next season after our contribution last year and our homecoming game this year. Your comment would be correct for last year but this year we already have a district win against Brainerd. And the coaches made a nice change at a key position last week where we have struggled and now our offense is moving in the right direction. We still have way too many young players having to step up due to being a new school but they are making some strides. Come now RamFan... show us a little respect. After all, our game with you all was a harder fought game than the final score showed. I believe your last two scores came in the last two minutes of the game.

...I meant no disrespect...but let me address the rest of your comment...how long are ya'll going to say that your players are 'too young'??? It only took Signal Mtn. a year in JV to produce a winning program...I know EH is in a much tougher District but ya'll returned 11 on Offense and Defense...I could see the improvement from last year to this year but I will not buy-into the comment that your team is 'too young'...how about the "Rams" just being a better team??? Just call it like you see it "EHgreen"...I would like to personally thank all the EH fans that contributed to the concession stands last week...we only have two more home games(only 4 this year)and the booster club probably didn't purchase like they normally do in a 5 or 6 home-game season...when will EH be able to host a game???? I understand ya'll used Bob Evans Field last week to play Pope John Paul II...and since you are defending your losses how come you lost that game??? Is the answer still 'too young'?? (You see how that answer can be annoying)

...And lastly the two(2) RB's that scored the last two TD's were 2nd and 3rd team players and the scores came at the 4:12 mark and 0:39 mark of the 4th quarter.