1A Playoff Standing

MOTO24

Wayne, Perry, CA, C'wood, Cornersville, are all from the same region. Out of those WC,PC,& CA all are in the top ten this week. C'wood beat CA last week and will beat more teams in this region to gain top 10. After about the second round of the playoffs the top team here will face Jo Byrns #1 this week then that winner will play the top team from the west a UC or Lake County (both top 10 this week) before getting to the state championship to face South Pitt. Who will South Pitt face to get there? Not many good teams left to play when most of them are all from the mid/west bracket. South Pitt can ride it out and walk to the State Championship.

you seem to have it all figured out. are you sure sp will just cake walk down to cookville. i dont think so.

Yeah...there were 14 1A teams that were either first or second in their district so they were automatic qualifiers. The remaining 10 teams were based on the rankings/tiebreakers.

Where did you get these lists? I've been looking on TSSAA for the new standings because I wanted to do this with 4A and 3A schools, but I can't find them anywhere.

No, I was saying if a #1 team loses to someone, then they're not going to be #1 after that.

Even if that 4 point loss was to a #1 or #2 ranked 2a team? That was more like Jacksonville State U. playing Ole 'Miss a few weeks ago, except in that case the big school lost. :thumb:

Edited by rlh

not exactly true, once playoff teams are selected, they are grouped into 4 quadrants jo byrns and wayne county could both end up as #1 seeds in diff. quadrants and one would end up playing sp in semi's it all depends on who makes playoffs and how they are geog. located

How did it work last year? Jo Byrns was probably a #2 seed last year. UC was #1. It just doesn't make since to me. What's happening is the teams in the upper Northeast section are weak and the Middle/West are stronger and we all play each other early on, as well as all season (kinda like the SEC). WE knock each other out. Look at the top ten this week. WC,PC,CA all out of the same region. CA was beaten by C'wood and only beat Cornersville by 2 points (also in the same region). We all will play each other then turn around and play each other in the 1st & 2nd rounds of the playoffs. Then it gets tougher Jo Byrns #1 team in the state.

Even though there are 4 Quads the strengh is not divided out even. Lets say WC & JB win out this season, who is #1 seed?

How did it work last year? Jo Byrns was probably a #2 seed last year. UC was #1. It just doesn't make since to me. What's happening is the teams in the upper Northeast section are weak and the Middle/West are stronger and we all play each other early on, as well as all season (kinda like the SEC). WE knock each other out. Look at the top ten this week. WC,PC,CA all out of the same region. CA was beaten by C'wood and only beat Cornersville by 2 points (also in the same region). We all will play each other then turn around and play each other in the 1st & 2nd rounds of the playoffs. Then it gets tougher Jo Byrns #1 team in the state.

Even though there are 4 Quads the strengh is not divided out even. Lets say WC & JB win out this season, who is #1 seed?

If JB & WC go undefeated, more than likely WC will get the #1 seed because you will have played a tougher schedule. After # of wins, the first tiebreaker is who played the most teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

you seem to have it all figured out. are you sure sp will just cake walk down to cookville. i dont think so.

Bahaha TrainTracks thinks your stand up comedy is hilarious....Do u work on weekends??? TrainTracks needs a good laugh every now and again...How much u wanna lose on any bets with SP before Championship? U pick any round and I will give u 14 points and whoever u want from the east....100 anyone? Speak puppydog speak

alot of the seeding comes down to who actually makes the playoffs and where they are geog. located that will really have alot to do with it , in theory jb and wc could both get #1 seeds but tssaa looks at travel and who do you send east/west since they are both mid tn teams long way to travel for either team in semi's if you go east or west

of course all of this is kinda silly since were in week 5 and teams have lots of tough games in front of them still

Edited by catsfan01