Is Coach Louis Thompson reitiring?

Guest randy72

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Thomas was brought in to replace Thompson when he retired but I have been told lately that that may not be the case. I heard that Don was tired of being a head coach and was brought in to be the AD. As to who might be the next head coach, if it's not Don I don't know. The guy who told me this is good friends with Coach O'Conner and while punk has said no one has asked him to be coach at LC, this guy thinks it's going to happen within a year or so. But we know how rumors are you just don't know until it happens.

I was under the impression that Thomas was brought in to replace Thompson when he retired but I have been told lately that that may not be the case. I heard that Don was tired of being a head coach and was brought in to be the AD. As to who might be the next head coach, if it's not Don I don't know. The guy who told me this is good friends with Coach O'Conner and while punk has said no one has asked him to be coach at LC, this guy thinks it's going to happen within a year or so. But we know how rumors are you just don't know until it happens.

Fact is Don Thomas was not winning at Marshall Co. before he went to Lincoln Co. and it would not be a logical hire for Lincoln Co. to replace Coach Thompson. If Thomas could be brought in and the team started winning the that would change things and WA-LA he's the man. I don't buy the idea that Coach Thomas is tired coaching because he has been making the calls this year from what I've seen. At this point it's all rumors anyway.

We'll see what really plays out but my prediction is Coach Thomas will not be the man. :popcorneater:

Giles Co.'s head coach Dave Oconner will be Lincoln Co.'s head coach next year and will probably be named head coach after both teams season's are over.Look for him to start at Lincoln Co. after Christmas break.A high up member of the Lincoln Co. booster club told me that.

I agree O'Conner will be the next Head football coach at Lincoln County. :thumb: