BA vs. BGA

BAEagleFootball

BGA gave BA a great game (better than the score would indicate in my opinion). Ensworth just beat Smyrna 30-14 and many thought Smyrna was the best team in the mid-south. There is a difference between making an observation that I could argue is factual and rubbing someone's nose in it. If anyone from BGA took offense at my remark I apologize.

Fine. But to tap dance that this is a "factual" "observation" when it really is an implicitly condescending

"opinion" is a stretch. How would you feel if next week, some EHS fan posted something like "even though we stunk up the field, we still won by 26 points." That's what your post sounded like even though you may not have meant it to be so.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. But to tap dance that this is a "factual" "observation" when it really is an implicitly condescending

"opinion" is a stretch. How would you feel if next week, some EHS fan posted something like "even though we stunk up the field, we still won by 26 points." That's what your post sounded like even though you may not have meant it to be so.

Sorry but you sound like a girl. Sensitive...just alittle bit? No need to pick apart everything someone says. Otherwise that is all that would ever go on here.

Sorry but you sound like a girl. Sensitive...just alittle bit? No need to pick apart everything someone says. Otherwise that is all that would ever go on here.

Thanks tornadofan10 . . . I was trying to figure the best way to respond and you took the ball and ran with it . . .

:rolleyes:

Lets not take away anything from BGA. They came out and played their hearts out. We just had one person mess up every play. we expect a lot every time we get the ball and we tensed up when we werent making plays which opened the door to more mistakes. And as for reading into the press too much, that is completely false.Every player remembers the ranking the team 2 years ago got, and the outcome of that season. rankings are bogus and we know and preach it. lets give most of the credit of the score go to the BGA players who fought and fought, and not disrespect them with excuses. I pity the team who sleeps on BGA

Bethard was a stud last night in the first half. He took some huge hits in the second half but kept getting up. I enjoyed watching him. BGA's running back was pretty quick as well. I can see why they were 4-1 coming into that game. In the end though BA just had too many horses for BGA and ended up winning going away late in the game. The muffed punt was the turning point of the game in my opinion.

For BGA to compete against MBA and EHS, they will need to try to balance their offense. They are a one dimension team.

Passing game ranks #1 in DII-AA but the rushing game is ranked #12.

Defensive coordinators will focus on the pass and BGA will need to counter with a run game.

BGA relied too much on the QB's arm against BA and that puts a lot of pressure on the Jr. QB.

BGA using 7 to 8 guys to block to protect the QB only leaves 2 or 3 receivers to defend.

I predict BGA will play both MBA and EHS in fairly tight 1st half games but then run out of juice in the 2nd half similar to the BA game.

Thanks tornadofan10 . . . I was trying to figure the best way to respond and you took the ball and ran with it . . .

:rolleyes:

I strongly urge you and your buddy to reconsider. If your think only "girls" are so sensitive, you are naive and not very well read on the threads. As the new standard bearer for and top dog in DII, as the season progresses, the haters will target BA and pick apart everything you say, down to a single word, looking for "proof" that you are as arrogant and condescending as they want to think you are. It won't matter who the opponent is. You must be overly politic.

This is friendly advice from another DII fan who's "been there." When commenting after a game, DON'T EVER say you played poorly (true or not makes no difference). If you won, it implies you would have beaten them worse; if you lost, it implies you should have won. This will NOT win friends. Rather find something complimentary to say about the opponent. Say it took a great effort to beat them. You don't need to give the haters any ammo.