Tullahoma at Warren Co

binns37388

I was really impressed with QB Jared Davis in the first half. He was more accurate than Peyton Manning and seemed really focused. Montrel Berry was unstoppable in the first half and the offensive line dominated. It was good to get a lot of the younger players in the game. Tullahoma hasn't had that luxury this season. I didn't see the highly touted lineman from Warren Co who commited to Duke today. He must have been up in N.Carolina. Jacob London and Cody Farr had great games on defense. So many kids played well, it would take a very long post to mention all of them. Franklin Co. comes to Tullahoma next Friday in a battle for first place in District 8AAA and after that the Cats get a much needed break with an open date before traveling to Shelbyville.

With all due respect to the people of Warren County football but I will ask a couple of questions that I think will have to be addresses over the coming months in the program. How is the program of Warren County football better today than it was this time last year. Also how will WC replace the Senior playmakers that litter the field on Friday nights when they leave the program in 5 games. This group of Seniors have been as successful as any other seniors class that has walked the halls at WC minus 3 or 4 since the beginning of Warren County highschool. I just see trouble on the horizon for the Pioneer program. The talent pool that is drawn from doesnt seem to have players to upgrade the graduating young men. What make this team better next year and years to come? I know I will read responses of how players will know the system better and kids will be in weightroom and older more mature. Coaches will also know athletes and talent better. With that being said who replaces a senior backfield that has accounted for most if not all the TDS scored by WC. I also know I will read how the middleschool program is winning and better than in the past, how the younger leagues are stronger today than in the past plus the school and community now will support the program better. I also know I heard those things about 5years ago when this senior group was growing up through the youth ranks through the middleschool. Also this community supports the WC football program as well if not better than most of the teams we play. I say this because after 20 years of no winning seasons and multitude of excuses and reasons of why we struggle winning and being competitive I just dont see the type of athletes in the pipeline to replace a group of seniors that have plenty of difference makers and havent proved it time and time again over the last 3-4 years. I will also say the group of Freshmen that roam the sidelines tonight are not as talented as the group of Seniors were when they were Freshmen. The 2010-2011 Seniors have followed the path of success through all levels in WC right up until it was time to make the leap to winning program at the highschool level. They have done all that has been asked, but couldnt get to a level they thought they could as a group. I am not knocking them and hope anyone who reads this understands this. My question to all those in WC is how can WC be successful if a group of very talented Seniors who have been groomed to do so struggle mightily to win what happens when the athletes and talent is not as talented or athletic. I wish this group of Seniors much luck over the next 5 games. You have done many good things over your careers. I hope all those players on the sidelines stay healthy over the coming months. I also hope youngmen can step up and in to replace that group in the coming years. Personally IMO I just dont see it happening in a way that brings wins to the Pioneers.

I respect every senior out there, Robinson Northcutt Thrower all will be hard to replace,but that's the beauty of football WE ALL GET REPLACED!Yeah no one may rack up the yards that northcutt has or be a human highlight film that Thrower is or be a Beast on and off the field like Cody,but the kids get to try and if they have enough HEART DESIRE and WILL TO WIN,you just might get one of those teams.I see the Underclassmen/Middleschoolers everyday fighting there guts out to be the best football player they can be and wear that RED/BLUE Pioneer jersey to the best of there ability.For someone to tell them they cant be as good as a player before them is just crazy.I wont tellem that Ill tell them to bust there butt every single day every play.also Cody going to a D1 school lets these kids know ,Hey If I work my butt off then maybe i can get there also.I think your wrong but me arguing with you wont settle it only time will tell.

I was really impressed with QB Jared Davis in the first half. He was more accurate than Peyton Manning and seemed really focused. Montrel Berry was unstoppable in the first half and the offensive line dominated. It was good to get a lot of the younger players in the game. Tullahoma hasn't had that luxury this season. I didn't see the highly touted lineman from Warren Co who commited to Duke today. He must have been up in N.Carolina. Jacob London and Cody Farr had great games on defense. So many kids played well, it would take a very long post to mention all of them. Franklin Co. comes to Tullahoma next Friday in a battle for first place in District 8AAA and after that the Cats get a much needed break with an open date before traveling to Shelbyville.

Cody was wearing #72 instead of his usual #76. I have been informed that was his dad's number when he played.

I was informed that Tull subbed early in the 2nd qrt and early in the 3rd. The 4 qtr was 3rd stringers and freshmen. When young kids get a chance to play, you cannot ask them to lay down. The last drive consisted of basically 3 different running plays. Including the quarterback sneak ran twice. Eventhough Tull is a pretty good team, WC should not get beat this bad. Good luck to WC in the future. Hope the program returns back to past glory. But I guess for now, just being competitive.

With all due respect to the people of Warren County football but I will ask a couple of questions that I think will have to be addresses over the coming months in the program. How is the program of Warren County football better today than it was this time last year. Also how will WC replace the Senior playmakers that litter the field on Friday nights when they leave the program in 5 games. This group of Seniors have been as successful as any other seniors class that has walked the halls at WC minus 3 or 4 since the beginning of Warren County highschool. I just see trouble on the horizon for the Pioneer program. The talent pool that is drawn from doesnt seem to have players to upgrade the graduating young men. What make this team better next year and years to come? I know I will read responses of how players will know the system better and kids will be in weightroom and older more mature. Coaches will also know athletes and talent better. With that being said who replaces a senior backfield that has accounted for most if not all the TDS scored by WC. I also know I will read how the middleschool program is winning and better than in the past, how the younger leagues are stronger today than in the past plus the school and community now will support the program better. I also know I heard those things about 5years ago when this senior group was growing up through the youth ranks through the middleschool. Also this community supports the WC football program as well if not better than most of the teams we play. I say this because after 20 years of no winning seasons and multitude of excuses and reasons of why we struggle winning and being competitive I just dont see the type of athletes in the pipeline to replace a group of seniors that have plenty of difference makers and havent proved it time and time again over the last 3-4 years. I will also say the group of Freshmen that roam the sidelines tonight are not as talented as the group of Seniors were when they were Freshmen. The 2010-2011 Seniors have followed the path of success through all levels in WC right up until it was time to make the leap to winning program at the highschool level. They have done all that has been asked, but couldnt get to a level they thought they could as a group. I am not knocking them and hope anyone who reads this understands this. My question to all those in WC is how can WC be successful if a group of very talented Seniors who have been groomed to do so struggle mightily to win what happens when the athletes and talent is not as talented or athletic. I wish this group of Seniors much luck over the next 5 games. You have done many good things over your careers. I hope all those players on the sidelines stay healthy over the coming months. I also hope youngmen can step up and in to replace that group in the coming years. Personally IMO I just dont see it happening in a way that brings wins to the Pioneers.

Well you bring it up so here goes an opinion. These coaches I believe have the ability but they have been brought to 1 of the most political back biting hick towns in the universe. I was born and raised here and I mean no harm but I sat in the stands last night. I heard it all. Lets quit this my kids better bull and let the coaches get some groove. If they would pick a game plan and stick with it we have the talent. The first game was good and we've gone down hill ever since. Wonder why??? our paper slammed the kids like NFL regects---seriously and this board lit up with "well if they had played X at QB or Z at WR etc" and "if I was the coach" every place you go you hear how they could do it better. Well I think mayb the coaches are giving everybody what they want. Letting yall see how it works when done your way. PASSDABALL----if you're out there your last comment floored me. You are the 1 praising our coaches for the "youth movement" then slam Tullahoma for playing 2nd, 3rd, 4th string, and yes the water boy. Pick an approach and stick with it. I have said it before and will say it again---we have to support our team!!! the TEAM and let the coaches get it together. My thoughts were mayb since we beat White everybody was praising our new Offense (which aint so new) that they thought we could pull it off with a team of well refined players. NOT!! We played an equal team at White and struggled so that should never have been a thought. Now for my final point: Northcutt is AWSOME and anybody that picks out his flaws or fumbles can play next week in his place. He has the heart of a player. He loves the game. (I don't know the kid personally only watching games) He puts every inch of his legs into running that ball and takes what ever tackle he gets hit with and bounces right back to run that ball. We had kids on the sideline last night that love the game and are AWSOME players but due to all the negative talk and microscopes that WC pulls out have to stand on the sidelines while we get our tails KICKED. Our paper and wonderful spectators here in this area slam every little mistake a KID makes and discuss them in such a negative way that there mentality goes to the dogs and they lose that LOVE for the game. WE HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM!!! When your kids were little and they fell down did you say well you shouldn't have been walking? No you said it's ok we learn by mistakes get up and walk again. We need to take our team and say we are behind you and we will win this and quit this bull of the coaches make too much money, this 1 fumbled, that 1 threw and interception(now I mean when it's 1 not 10) etc. We have the talent we just need to feed it and quit starving it out on the sidelines. You asked I answered and yes I'm ready to hear: What politics?--answer if you are from here you really can't ask that question and mean it!!! Politics means more than political it means who mooches the best! White county said it last week. Warren is self destructive. Sad but true it seems!

Tullahoma may win this game, but it will be WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Closer than 42-10. Without Burks and some nagging injuries to some of Tullahoma's other players, this game is shapping up to be a barn-burnner. With thrower back at QB , comfidence is high and playing in front of a packed rowdy home-crowd will surely help. I still see tullahoma winning, but more like 28-20.

This guy is an idiot !!!!

Just wanted say Northcutt is a player win or lose. He plays hard every play. Hope #40 gets back soon.

He is about as much as a player as # 12 the backup QB. You arnt a player if you have fumbled twice in the last 3 games. If you want to see a REAL RB go watch Devrin Young. Playing hard doesn't make you a player ether.