Cane Ridge High School

asiatic2412

With all the talent this team has, why are they still losing? The football team is 0-school history. I watched them play Antioch on last Friday, and athlete for athlete, they were a better team. They have a huge line, big receivers, some super quick backs. When is the time for changes, a head coach is only as good as his assistants, and with the 12 that are there, they don't seem to be doing a very good job. I am wondering how long Abner and crew will get to keep running this team into the ground.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the talent this team has, why are they still losing? The football team is 0-school history. I watched them play Antioch on last Friday, and athlete for athlete, they were a better team. They have a huge line, big receivers, some super quick backs. When is the time for changes, a head coach is only as good as his assistants, and with the 12 that are there, they don't seem to be doing a very good job. I am wondering how long Abner and crew will get to keep running this team into the ground.

Soft, inexperienced and undisciplined is hard to coach. :popcorneater:

Think of how far they have come since last year. They are a much better team. They are losing because they have not learned how to win yet. Other teams still believe they are going to beat Cane Ridge. Cane Ridge doesn't truly believe in their head that they will win. In other words, its all in the head. That will start to slowly change when they get that 1st win. Its coming, there is too much talent for it not to.

Think of how far they have come since last year. They are a much better team. They are losing because they have not learned how to win yet. Other teams still believe they are going to beat Cane Ridge. Cane Ridge doesn't truly believe in their head that they will win. In other words, its all in the head. That will start to slowly change when they get that 1st win. Its coming, there is too much talent for it not to.

True, you can't win'em all till you win one. :popcorneater:

You have to score points! It is a tough situation when the HC is also the OC and you aren't scoring points. I have talked with someone very familiar with the program and the defense is apparently playing very well, with a lot of offensive miscues and points off turnovers (for the opponent). If the defense continues to play well, the offense will eventually come around. It's hard in the beginning for any new program.

Before you go bashing assistant coaches and saying they are running the team into the ground maybe you should come out to a practice. We dont even have the proper practice grounds to run anyone into it. Practice field is still almost unusable and with alpha league and soccer going on, our time and practice areas are limited. Besides that, the kids also do not understand the commintment and urgencey a good football team should have. I myself preach it everyday! Its not that there is a a lack of quality coaches on the field. Its the lack of TEAM togetherness because a lot of our kids think about ME ME ME. We also dont handle adversity very well which is a huge deal in the game. As for the Head coach being the OC all offensive plays are designed to get yardage and score. Our offense is so simple it doesnt matter what he calls, we should be successful. But as of right now we need to worry about coughing up the football not what play is called. I had a great since of togetherness yesterday at practice and I agree with EERS I predict a win this week and a spark that will unleash a fire that wont be put out by the Ravens the rest of the season. Go Ravens and stay together. There are good things to come.

Before you go bashing assistant coaches and saying they are running the team into the ground maybe you should come out to a practice. We dont even have the proper practice grounds to run anyone into it. Practice field is still almost unusable and with alpha league and soccer going on, our time and practice areas are limited. Besides that, the kids also do not understand the commintment and urgencey a good football team should have. I myself preach it everyday! Its not that there is a a lack of quality coaches on the field. Its the lack of TEAM togetherness because a lot of our kids think about ME ME ME. We also dont handle adversity very well which is a huge deal in the game. As for the Head coach being the OC all offensive plays are designed to get yardage and score. Our offense is so simple it doesnt matter what he calls, we should be successful. But as of right now we need to worry about coughing up the football not what play is called. I had a great since of togetherness yesterday at practice and I agree with EERS I predict a win this week and a spark that will unleash a fire that wont be put out by the Ravens the rest of the season. Go Ravens and stay together. There are good things to come.

I am sure your post was meant with good intentions but Im afraid you are leaving yourself open to a ton of negative comments.

I am sure your post was meant with good intentions but Im afraid you are leaving yourself open to a ton of negative comments.

:lol: Momma taught me that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Negative comments mean nothing to me. This is a message board and nothing more. We dont know what goes on behind the scences at other schools and therfore do not pass judgement against them but I also believe that you dont get anymore negative than telling assistant coaches that they are running a program into the ground when they go out and bust their butts week in and week out trying to make their kids better. Ravens get on a roll this week enough said.

Edited by jcraigp23

:lol: Momma taught me that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Negative comments mean nothing to me. This is a message board and nothing more. We dont know what goes on behind the scences at other schools and therfore do not pass judgement against them but I also believe that you dont get anymore negative than telling assistant coaches that they are running a program into the ground when they go out and bust their buts week in and week out trying to make their kids better. Ravens get on a roll this week enough said.

Who do you all have this week?

:lol: Momma taught me that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Negative comments mean nothing to me. This is a message board and nothing more. We dont know what goes on behind the scences at other schools and therfore do not pass judgement against them but I also believe that you dont get anymore negative than telling assistant coaches that they are running a program into the ground when they go out and bust their buts week in and week out trying to make their kids better. Ravens get on a roll this week enough said.

I agree with this post, unless you know what's going on, it's hard to critique. This is a new program and it will take some time to develop.

In regards to all plays being designed to gain yards, score, etc.: Sometimes the scheme/playbook has to be simplified to eliminate turnovers. I'm not there, so I really don't know. All I am saying is with a young football team, regardless of talent, you have to be "cautious". However, it is difficult to know where to draw the line between caution and success.

With regards to the HC being the OC: I know that it is difficult for a HC to also be a coordinator at a school this size. There are a lot of other responsibilities that go along with being a HC that a lot of people never see. I personally think this can take away from the effectiveness of dual roles (regardless of ability).

Lack of facilities should never be a factor, especially with a new school. For that, you are unfortunate.

Good luck and I will stick with the win prediction.