Cane Ridge High School

asiatic2412

Before you go bashing assistant coaches and saying they are running the team into the ground maybe you should come out to a practice. We dont even have the proper practice grounds to run anyone into it. Practice field is still almost unusable and with alpha league and soccer going on, our time and practice areas are limited. Besides that, the kids also do not understand the commintment and urgencey a good football team should have. I myself preach it everyday! Its not that there is a a lack of quality coaches on the field. Its the lack of TEAM togetherness because a lot of our kids think about ME ME ME. We also dont handle adversity very well which is a huge deal in the game. As for the Head coach being the OC all offensive plays are designed to get yardage and score. Our offense is so simple it doesnt matter what he calls, we should be successful. But as of right now we need to worry about coughing up the football not what play is called. I had a great since of togetherness yesterday at practice and I agree with EERS I predict a win this week and a spark that will unleash a fire that wont be put out by the Ravens the rest of the season. Go Ravens and stay together. There are good things to come.

Blah, blah, blah. I hear talk, but still no results. What are you all doing to get the team to buy into the team concept, and not the ME ME ME. APPARENTLY IT AINT WORKING. The offensive plays are designed to get yardage and score, yet, against your biggest rival, your team could not move the ball. Antioch is not that good, but they bashed you all into submission. How can people come on here and say they don't know how to win. If I'm not mistaken, they have won the 9th/10th championship the past two years, that can't equate to varsity wins. And don't try to say that it is because it is not varsity. Prime example, the bully up the street from you all, that pulled out a big can of shutup juice the other night, had a few good years of good B squad teams, that equated into several playoff appearances and a region championship. Most of these kids come from winning middle school programs, only to get to the varsity and lose. Ha, they should just make that 1 mile trip to the east where they might have a chance. Hahahahahah!!!!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah, blah, blah. I hear talk, but still no results. What are you all doing to get the team to buy into the team concept, and not the ME ME ME. APPARENTLY IT AINT WORKING. The offensive plays are designed to get yardage and score, yet, against your biggest rival, your team could not move the ball. Antioch is not that good, but they bashed you all into submission. How can people come on here and say they don't know how to win. If I'm not mistaken, they have won the 9th/10th championship the past two years, that can't equate to varsity wins. And don't try to say that it is because it is not varsity. Prime example, the bully up the street from you all, that pulled out a big can of shutup juice the other night, had a few good years of good B squad teams, that equated into several playoff appearances and a region championship. Most of these kids come from winning middle school programs, only to get to the varsity and lose. Ha, they should just make that 1 mile trip to the east where they might have a chance. Hahahahahah!!!!!!

I too was at the game the other night. I couldnt help but wonder how much better the east school would be if all were still on the same team. CR has at least 100 players and the east school about fifty I am guessing. The east hc does a great job with what he has to work with. CR opening has really hurt the east school. I have a feeling a lot of CR players are probably zoned to the east school but choose to drive that extra mile to go to a new school that was "supposed" to be better. I wonder how many of those kids are wishing they had went to their zoned school?

I do agree with Craig though on some level. The kids are all about me, me, me. But as a coach you have to find a way to get the me's to work as a we. There is also a big difference between preaching and teaching. You can preach all day long and the kids not learn a thing. If you teach all day long the kids are typically at least going to learn something. If they learn one thing a day then by their senior year they will have learned a great deal. Just my opinion.

Like I said we coughed the ball up it wasnt that we didnt move the ball when we averaged 4.5 yards a carry on the ground. But your opinion is noted thanks for wasting your breath you might want it back one day.

Davidson, Hunters Lane, Hillwood, Hillsboro, Overton

Preaching is teaching. Its repetative and sticks in most of our kid's heads but some still have their moments.

I could see wins against the first three. Hillsboro could be tough. Its really hard to tell with them. Overton seems to be the team to beat in Metro along with a couple of teams you have already played.

Edited by workinprogress

Like I said we coughed the ball up it wasnt that we didnt move the ball when we averaged 4.5 yards a carry on the ground. But your opinion is noted thanks for wasting your breath you might want it back one day.

I'm not sure that I would waste my time defending my stance on message boards if I were you. There are a lot of people that get on here and have no idea what is involved in coaching HS football, the time, the commitment, the sleepless nights, the hours before and after practice/games, the film study on weekends, etc. As long as you have the support of your administration and assistant coaches, as well as the respect of your team, your work will pay off and you will win. The athletes are there, the job is to get a sense of unity, a sense of team. Eventually the kids will see that they are better individually, if they work as a team. Mistakes will happen, but will be lessened with a couple of wins and a bit of confidence.

Good luck!