Cane Ridge High School

asiatic2412

I'm not sure that I would waste my time defending my stance on message boards if I were you. There are a lot of people that get on here and have no idea what is involved in coaching HS football, the time, the commitment, the sleepless nights, the hours before and after practice/games, the film study on weekends, etc. As long as you have the support of your administration and assistant coaches, as well as the respect of your team, your work will pay off and you will win. The athletes are there, the job is to get a sense of unity, a sense of team. Eventually the kids will see that they are better individually, if they work as a team. Mistakes will happen, but will be lessened with a couple of wins and a bit of confidence.

Good luck!

Well Said Sir Well Said

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said we coughed the ball up it wasnt that we didnt move the ball when we averaged 4.5 yards a carry on the ground. But your opinion is noted thanks for wasting your breath you might want it back one day.

Yall averaged 4.5 yds a carry after the score was 31-0. Really. After the game, big brother's coach was pissed that his team let up and allowed the 13 pts you all scored. Just be real, its not the players. If your business was handled during the week, this post would not come up. I hope you all win on Friday, because a loss to Davidson Academy, will effectively ruin your team. DA has what 300 students. If you all can't beat them, I see a defection of players back up the street. Then this new administrator will really be breathing down Mr. Abner's throat.

Yall averaged 4.5 yds a carry after the score was 31-0. Really. After the game, big brother's coach was pissed that his team let up and allowed the 13 pts you all scored. Just be real, its not the players. If your business was handled during the week, this post would not come up. I hope you all win on Friday, because a loss to Davidson Academy, will effectively ruin your team. DA has what 300 students. If you all can't beat them, I see a defection of players back up the street. Then this new administrator will really be breathing down Mr. Abner's throat.

If you would like the stats and game film feel free to stop by and pick up a copy. I can even show you around the school if you would like. My business is always handled you obviously don't know me or my work ethic as a coach. See you this afternoon when you pick up a copy of your stat sheet and game film.

If you would like the stats and game film feel free to stop by and pick up a copy. I can even show you around the school if you would like. My business is always handled you obviously don't know me or my work ethic as a coach. See you this afternoon when you pick up a copy of your stat sheet and game film.

Whats the pupose of constantly watching game film, and you keep seeing the same results, a loss to a team that you should not have lost to. What do I need a stat sheet for, it is misleading. It is probably obvious that CR looked good on paper, yet only scored 13 pts. What business was handled, the crowd control, well probably not because there was a nice little scuffle there as well. As a matter of fact, I think that was the most fight anyone put up at Cane Ridge last Friday. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Take the advice of shadow.

Run---All is well. Both schools have potential but I cant help but wonder what if there was only one of them. I pull for them both too. The bears more but there are several kids that I know going to both schools. Overton looks strong. QB play is the weakness along with depth. With Williamson County being down this year they could go far.

How are things on campus?

Edited by workinprogress

Run---All is well. Both schools have potential but I cant help but wonder what if there was only one of them. I pull for them both too. The bears more but I several kids that I know going to both schools. Overton looks strong. QB play is the weakness along with depth. With Williamson County being down this year they could go far.

Workinprogress, what would it be like. It would be one heck of a team that is a state contender every season. Under Woodward, the team without the split would be awesome. With the split, and one decent coach and the other at the baby school a has been. We can see the direction taken. Antioch is not that good, but are in a position to make the playoffs. CR is fighting to win A game three years into their team. The unsplit Antioch would be the team to beat in these here parts.

Workinprogress, what would it be like. It would be one heck of a team that is a state contender every season. Under Woodward, the team without the split would be awesome. With the split, and one decent coach and the other at the baby school a has been. We can see the direction taken. Antioch is not that good, but are in a position to make the playoffs. CR is fighting to win A game three years into their team. The unsplit Antioch would be the team to beat in these here parts.

Unsplit Antioch the team to beat? <_<

Even an unsplit one hasn't had an outstanding season since I have been following them since 1968. They have had a couple of what I would call good teams, but NONE I would call outstanding. I consider OUTSTANDING a team that makes it past the third round of the playoffs.

Run---All is well. Both schools have potential but I cant help but wonder what if there was only one of them. I pull for them both too. The bears more but there are several kids that I know going to both schools. Overton looks strong. QB play is the weakness along with depth. With Williamson County being down this year they could go far.

Things are well. I do hope Overton has a great year, you know how much I like their coach.For obvious reasons,I will always be a bears fan.

Edited by runtheball

Just for accuracy Davidson Academy has 220 students in its upper school not 300. And the idea that a loss to them would effectively end a season is a disservice to both schools. Despite Davidson’s size they have proven to be more than capable of beating the majority of their opponents large and small. I would like to remind everyone that only 11 players come onto the field…I guarantee that DA is sending 11 ready to play! Are you?

Edited by SoonerSteve

Just for accuracy Davidson Academy has 220 students in its upper school not 300. And the idea that a loss to them would effectively end a season is a disservice to both schools. Despite Davidson’s size they have proven to be more than capable of beating the majority of their opponents large and small. I would like to remind everyone that only 11 players come onto the field…I guarantee that DA is sending 11 ready to play! Are you?

Perhaps they are capable of beating the majority of their opponents, but they are in no way playing AAA competition, let's not kid ourselves. The division they play in is pretty weak in reality and to think that because they win in it they would win in others is very far from reality.

I wouldn't say it's a must win for Cane Ridge, however it is one that I would expect them to win, many more athletes. I believe this could be the game to get them going this year, which would be huge for the growth of the program.

Like I said we coughed the ball up it wasnt that we didnt move the ball when we averaged 4.5 yards a carry on the ground.

Uh oh - blaming the kids has started. I don't understand the call for patience with it being a new program. Are there seniors on the team? If yes, then your kids have been playing football as long as everyone else - in fact, they have gotten more playing time because some of them probably had to play as sophomores. But it probably is the fact that you have to share space with the soccer team. I would probably tear up my game field practicing before I used the soccer team as an excuse though. I don't know the coach but he must be a great coach - if not, he wouldn't survive 4 wins over his past 30-40 games. Give him some time. They will win a game this year and another one next year.

Uh oh - blaming the kids has started. I don't understand the call for patience with it being a new program. Are there seniors on the team? If yes, then your kids have been playing football as long as everyone else - in fact, they have gotten more playing time because some of them probably had to play as sophomores. But it probably is the fact that you have to share space with the soccer team. I would probably tear up my game field practicing before I used the soccer team as an excuse though. I don't know the coach but he must be a great coach - if not, he wouldn't survive 4 wins over his past 30-40 games. Give him some time. They will win a game this year and another one next year.

You put it right, they will win 1 game this year, and one next. Hahahaha!!! This school does have seniors, many who have played since they were 10th graders. Great coach, NO. Best record as a head coach 5-5 @ HL, 5-5 @ Glencliff, and thats because of a forfeit win. Since then, I can count the number of wins on my hands. Or maybe my toes, cause I'm missing a couple.