Farragut Offense

Former44

Maryville scored 35 points twice on Farragut last year. I don't think Sweetland was the problem.

Interesting. Quite a few of those points (including the playoff pick 6) came as a result, direct and indirect, of interceptions. Do you think it would make more sense to fault the defensive coordinator?

Edited by Former44

I heard that Hannay has quit the team, so cowabunga dude that option is out. I can't understand why a starter would quit, I mean you really gotta not like football to quit when you're starting. #3 has proven to be a player you can't depend on, I heard he is keeping himself out, the ortho folks can find nothing wrong with him, maybe an MRI will tell for sure. Not sure why Fain seems to be the odd man out. He has loads of talent and seems to run the ball hard. Freeman is an anomolly, he's a senior, but never came out for football until the Spring. Don't know what he's really capable of since he's just doesn't have much experience. I have seen him lay the ball down, but it seems all Farragut's RB's have had that problem this year.

What it all boils down to is that Farragut is just not that good this year across the board. They are very limited in playmakers. I'm still waiting on Perez to do something special this year, and hopefully he will with what little time the senior has left. I hope these next two games will be enough time to get things settled for the playoffs.

Man, I really hate to hear about Hannay. I thought he had a ton of potential on defense, especially being just a Junior. Hopefully, Callahan can continue to improve. He has good size and I thought he got a pretty good push against Maryville, although he didn't appear to get that many reps.

Edited by Former44

Cody Rule is out for the season with a torn ACL. King is the QB. It will be a different look offence.

I hate that for Cody Rule. He was playing solid football. His big-play ability, along with Johnson's, are difficult to replace. I wish them both a complete and speedy recovery.

As for King, he has a nice motion. I'm sure the team will get behind him.

Interesting. Quite a few of those points (including the playoff pick 6) came as a result, direct and indirect, of interceptions. Do you think it would make more sense to fault the defensive coordinator?

The better question could well be, after slmost a year; who cares?

• Upvote 1

The better question could well be, after slmost a year; who cares?

Obviously somebody does care. I would shudder to think how many pro-MHS posters would jump all over a similar comment in one of 'their' threads. You could of read this thread and smiled. You could have read this thread and done nothing. Yet you chose to be involved with a infantile belittling post. There is so much one could say, but better left alone in most situations.

I frequently read Maryville topics and say nothing. Some are quite enlightening, some are comical and others are downright self righteous.

While King's strength lies in his arm, it's not like Farragut is subing in Peyton Manning. King is still a sophmore, and although kicking in all the games this season should ease some of the pressure, he still hasn't taken many snaps. Farragut will still have to rely on the run game to win. If anything happens to King I would think Perez will have to be the next option. I heard they pulled the freshman QB up for the remainder of the season, but I don't think he's a viable option. The senior #10 can't even direct the JV.

Obviously somebody does care. I would shudder to think how many pro-MHS posters would jump all over a similar comment in one of 'their' threads. You could of read this thread and smiled. You could have read this thread and done nothing. Yet you chose to be involved with a infantile belittling post. There is so much one could say, but better left alone in most situations.

I frequently read Maryville topics and say nothing. Some are quite enlightening, some are comical and others are downright self righteous.

Just in case you didn't know , Maryville posters are defending your offensive co. David Sweetland because he is a Maryville Rebel . He's going to be a great Head Coach some day , and if you all don't want him , we'll gladly take him back , because he's a Class act .