Check out Morgancountynews.net

hooters

check scores of os last couple of years vs Hancock Co,Oakdale,Coalfield,Clay Co, etc... os is who runs scores up and those are the facts for you catB

You want some cheese with that wine SoreDad???? :roflol:

Funny, while checking past OZ scores, I ran across some scores for past Kingston, Alcoa, CAK, and even Loudan games, where 50 or more points were scored on OZ , yet I didn't find any OZ game where OZ scored more than 50 on any team. Maybe mine and your take on 'runnng up the score" is different. If you have your starters in the fourth quarter and your up by more than thirty, and your throwing the ball down the field, that is running up the score. If in the same situation, your running between tackles, and not trying any trick plays, that is not running up the score. With that though, if a defense can't stop a simple run play and the offense scores, so be it. The coach should not have to tell his second string players just to lay down. In the case of last years Oz vs Coalfield game, that's what I saw alot of in the second half, poor tackling by Coalfield. You just have a problem with OZ, get over it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two cents...and that's it. I wasn't at the game so I dont know the circumstances. But I have seen several games in which the team I pull for was up big and tried to sub and the opposing team still has their starters in or what-not. Our team had to put the older kids back in just for the simple fact that they didnt want their young kids get killed by bigger, older kids. Like I said, I wasn't there, and have no clue of the circumstances, but I have seen that before in the past. I do, however, disagree with the Oakdale coach bashing another staff in the local paper though. That's not very professional. Like I said, just been reading this and read the article and wanted to throw my two cents in. That and a nickel will buy you...well...nothing these days but you get my drift! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year.

You want some cheese with that wine SoreDad???? :roflol:

Funny, while checking past OZ scores, I ran across some scores for past Kingston, Alcoa, CAK, and even Loudan games, where 50 or more points were scored on OZ , yet I didn't find any OZ game where OZ scored more than 50 on any team. Maybe mine and your take on 'runnng up the score" is different. If you have your starters in the fourth quarter and your up by more than thirty, and your throwing the ball down the field, that is running up the score. If in the same situation, your running between tackles, and not trying any trick plays, that is not running up the score. With that though, if a defense can't stop a simple run play and the offense scores, so be it. The coach should not have to tell his second string players just to lay down. In the case of last years Oz vs Coalfield game, that's what I saw alot of in the second half, poor tackling by Coalfield. You just have a problem with OZ, get over it!

first O played 1 play the entire 2nd half, first D played 3 plays the entire 2nd half and the play they scored on was a wide reciever screen(thrown behind the line not down field).

and my problem is with people like you thinking you're all high and mighty and say your team has never done it, when the scores show wartburg has done it 1 time in over seven years. can the great os say that? no. but you can be a hypocrit and trash wartburg.

first O played 1 play the entire 2nd half, first D played 3 plays the entire 2nd half and the play they scored on was a wide reciever screen(thrown behind the line not down field).

and my problem is with people like you thinking you're all high and mighty and say your team has never done it, when the scores show wartburg has done it 1 time in over seven years. can the great os say that? no. but you can be a hypocrit and trash wartburg.

I'm not sure I follow your post, but let me point out to you that:

1.Where in any of my post did I trash Warburg?

2.Never did I say I was "high and mighty", but, that in Coach Bracketts short stint as the OZ coach, I have not witnessed him "running up the score".

3.By your own remarks "the great os", you prove my point, that you just have a problem with OS.

4. You can call me a hypocrit on a message board, because your hiding behind a screen name.

5. Judging by your post, I'm not sure your a dad, or some kid still in school.

I'm not sure I follow your post, but let me point out to you that:

1.Where in any of my post did I trash Warburg?

2.Never did I say I was "high and mighty", but, that in Coach Bracketts short stint as the OZ coach, I have not witnessed him "running up the score".

3.By your own remarks "the great os", you prove my point, that you just have a problem with OS.

4. You can call me a hypocrit on a message board, because your hiding behind a screen name.

5. Judging by your post, I'm not sure your a dad, or some kid still in school.

1. it was someone else bashing. my bad.

2. you must not have seen os vs oakdale,hancock co,coalfield 2009 or clay co..

3. I really don't like most adults from os.(i,m working on that one, not much luck)

4. most know who i am.

5. as long as you know what i mean.

wartburg will get theres week 10. they cant handle sucess.

Right. I guess Sunbright will be ready for this game after playing SUCH a brutal schedule. All you've done is made everyone's "second favorite team" whoevere's playing Sunbright. Again there's some folks on your schedule that will bring you all back down to earth with a thud!!

I've got to take up for Coach Brackett here. I haven't seen him run it up on teams.

Against Oakdale this year, OS was up 34-0 at halftime and returned an interception for a TD on the third play of the second half to make it 41-0. OS didn't score again after that.

Against Hancock, OS led 34-0 at the half and scored twice in the second half. The first score came in the third quarter with the starters and the final score came midway through the final period with the reserves.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I think you just proved Catback's point for him.

If you are up 49-14....then why is anybody throwing ANY passes???

Clock is running, run the football and go home.

WB will get what is coming to them eventually. Karma is a b1tch.

SoreDad=Tool

I've got to take up for Coach Brackett here. I haven't seen him run it up on teams.

Against Oakdale this year, OS was up 34-0 at halftime and returned an interception for a TD on the third play of the second half to make it 41-0. OS didn't score again after that.

Against Hancock, OS led 34-0 at the half and scored twice in the second half. The first score came in the third quarter with the starters and the final score came midway through the final period with the reserves.

Wartburg had 2 linemen score on oakdale's fumbles in the inzone and we also scored on screen passes which are not meant to gain more than 3-5 yards. we practiced all week to play a game the way we normally would no matter who the opponent and we ran what we run no matter how bad the team we played was. the starters hardly played at all and hutchison didnt even touch the field. we scored 49 points to goose egg in the first half so we obviously took it easy on them by only scoring 6 in the second half.

Very classless decision made by the wartburg staff. I would have understood if wartburg had put their starting defense in and left it at that, but the starting offense throwing the ball was bs. It was 49-14, 5 min left and a running clock. It was pretty obvious that oakdale wasn't gonna score 5 tds in the whole game, much less in a 5 min span. And just so everyone understands, wartburgs final td was in the 4th qtr on a pass from rusty Phillips(starting qb) to Adam spence(prob the best receiver in the district). It was not on a screen pass. They threw a screen pass that was a big gain that set up the td pass. Even if oakdale intentionally kicked onside and thought they were still in the game, was that final score with fresh starters in the game necessary? Not really