sgt221

Wow a thread for this!?! Man do I have some stories!!! Years worth!! But I

won't get into that ..wow a thread!! ...question can a ref or refs moonlight

with let's say a team that's use to getting their way or else kinda deal in

place .. because sometimes they all agree to uphold a bad call ..thought it

was strength in numbers? Just wondering ... I can't say to much bad about

the refs this season .. They have been fair for the most part ..and I'm

thankful ..cause I

have seen the other side ..region54a was a nightmare.. oh the horrors!!

Sorry I had to let it out!! ..Bottom line refs jobs should be fair ..do for

one do for all. Wow this is a nice place to vent.

Edited by boski

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my favorite team lost it was bad officiating, when they won it was pretty good.

I always said that refs are just like the weather ...you can't do anything about them so why cry?.. and they are just another game condition that a team has to deal with. (It just seems that sometimes one team enjoys fair weather while the other gets struck by lightning!)

The problem is they have nobody to answer to. They may have supervisors but most of them are friends and no way their going to call each other out. Each game both coaches should get to grade the crew after the game and send it to tssaa offical. Then if same refs are getting bad grades all the time then we have a problem.

Good idea! I'll add one little thing..let the coach grade the officiating after he has seen the game film and his emotions aren't running too high. If the TSSAA administrators consistently get bad grades on a group then not only is that an indicator of poor officiating..the TSSAA could also request the video.

Good idea! I'll add one little thing..let the coach grade the officiating after he has seen the game film and his emotions aren't running too high. If the TSSAA administrators consistently get bad grades on a group then not only is that an indicator of poor officiating..the TSSAA could also request the video.

"

Will not change anything..TSSAA doesnt care

Yeah! and then the officials would get to look at the film and grade the coaches on their performance, and if they consistently have bad games schools could cut their pay! Gimmee a break!!!!!!! coaches would not have a clue on how to grade an official and officials would not have a clue on how to grade a coach. :rolleyes:

There are missed calls in every game. There is no possible way that you can get them all correct. You will occasionally see one-sided games (calls), but not very often.

What I hate to see are the calls that aren't in the "spirit of the game" and really have no bearing on the play. To me a "good CREW" is one that gets together to discuss the call to make sure they get it right. A good crew will have no bearing in the outcome of a game.

Officiating is difficult and it, like coaching, is always easier from the stands. The best coaches and officials are always in the stands! Just ask them...

Yeah! and then the officials would get to look at the film and grade the coaches on their performance, and if they consistently have bad games schools could cut their pay! Gimmee a break!!!!!!! coaches would not have a clue on how to grade an official and officials would not have a clue on how to grade a coach. :rolleyes:

Coaching staffs are required to be at rules meetings just like officials are. Officials have to apply the same set of rules every game ..coaches have to change game plans every week. Your statement is ridiculous. The only thing TSSAA cares about is the mis-application of rules and if a coach can point that out then it should be addressed.... there is already a system in place for getting rid of bad coaches..they get fired. Can you tell me the last official fired for poor performance?

There are missed calls in every game. There is no possible way that you can get them all correct. You will occasionally see one-sided games (calls), but not very often.

What I hate to see are the calls that aren't in the "spirit of the game" and really have no bearing on the play. To me a "good CREW" is one that gets together to discuss the call to make sure they get it right. A good crew will have no bearing in the outcome of a game.

Officiating is difficult and it, like coaching, is always easier from the stands. The best coaches and officials are always in the stands! Just ask them...

good post :thumb:

Coaching staffs are required to be at rules meetings just like officials are. Officials have to apply the same set of rules every game ..coaches have to change game plans every week. Your statement is ridiculous. The only thing TSSAA cares about is the mis-application of rules and if a coach can point that out then it should be addressed.... there is already a system in place for getting rid of bad coaches..they get fired. Can you tell me the last official fired for poor performance?

Nobody said anything about mis-application of rules... if that happens, refs should be held responsible. Not sure about your last ? im sure there are several officials that get taken off the field for poor performance or they should.