District 10A Basketball

PLAY10A

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont count out any of the other teams like nashville christian or houston county i wanna see how roper plays against smith tuesday at hc

Roper had 25 points against Merrol Hyde, 21 against Montgomery Central and 15 against Cheatham County. I too am looking forward to see how he does against the Smith brothers. The Starting 5 for HC will have to play most of this game and they all will have to be on fire to beat the Academy and it will still be a tough battle. Their coach likes to pull from the bench too early and sit the starters for longer than he should, if he wants to win this game he needs to let them play as long as they can.

HC will have to play the game of their lives to beat CA. They are going to have to get the ball low, drive the ball, and shoot hot from the outside. Mostly they are going to have to play D. Someone is going to have to step up and shoot the ball. They are not taking enough shots. And I hope their coach lets them play ball. I agree he starts subbing too quick, and never lets the team settle and hit their stride. Good luck to both teams

Houston County played well last night, even in defeat. Well done boys! To the teams of 10A... last night there was a crack in the armor. Academy was rattled and can be beaten. The final score does not reflect the true game. Losing Featherstone really hurt Houston County. Pulling Roper and putting Monroe at point was.... well, hes the coach. I guess he knew what he was doing.

Houston County played well last night, even in defeat. Well done boys! To the teams of 10A... last night there was a crack in the armor. Academy was rattled and can be beaten. The final score does not reflect the true game. Losing Featherstone really hurt Houston County. Pulling Roper and putting Monroe at point was.... well, hes the coach. I guess he knew what he was doing.

While they may have been rattled that doesn't mean they were beaten. They were rattled against mcewen numerous times last season and they only lost once to anyone in the district. Teams will get rattled that's inevitable. What makes the difference between winning and losing is how they respond and it's apparent that they are more mentally tough than you think. You are going to have to do more than rattle them to neat them. Can they be beaten? Yes anyone can lose on any given day and that's why we play the games. The true question is WILL they get beat? And while this may have showna crack last night to the district the same crack was also shown to Coach Smith. It should be an exciting rest of the year and look forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

Edited by Eaglefaithful23

What u say is true, and their coach may of seen it, but it was out of control. They react badly and with very poor sportsmanship to a close game. Do I think HC could of beaten them? No. But it was a heck of a game. The change of offense after halftime really hurt HC, why fix it if it aint broke? CA will win 10A again this year, no doubt. But will they be state champs again? Not playing like they did last night.

• 4 weeks later...

watched CA play in their 2nd or 3rd christmas tournament. they killed Hickman county the firrst night but they lost to MBA. CA is capable of bein beat but not by any team in their district. they will sweep their district. it took a team like MBA who is fundamental, well coached and athletic. wihich none of the 10A teams have all 3.

• 4 weeks later...

District is going about as expected... I am thinking (a little bias) upset tonight in McEwen... They got beat 15ish at CA but missed 13 FREE throws and Malcolm seemed to be really on... Should be a close one...

McEwen played a great first half (similar to 1st game), but could not hold it together for four quarters... Martin Smith had a quiet 34 and CA walked away with another victory... Malcolm was pretty well shutdown for the game... Patrick Mullinacks (McEwen) played really well but got in foul trouble early and did not get to play in the second half until the game was already decided... Garrett Mullinicks did well as well and was only a few points and one rebound away from a triple-double...

District tournament should be intersting with several teams playing to stay out of the CA side come region...