Grace @ Copper Basin

CBHS

Please show me where beating Taft, Towns, and Andrews equals anything close to a sign of consistent success at the high school level. Those teams, like yours for the past 5 years, can hardly line down.

It was until Copper Hill decided to move the series to coacht instead of the actual football field.

Interesting only for bookies wondering if they could actually set the line for a hs playoff game at -137.

Stop making so much sense, this thread has gone on WAYY too long without facts.

Hey bud were just talking football. You need to just shutup. It seems you have no clue what your talking about

Now fellers. smiley-gen156.gif

The ole MountainTroll don't mean to be buttin' in, but it'd be nice to read a few positive comments.

The Troll follows both of yer teams, and there's lots of good things to say about both. The Troll's even talked up them Cougars on other threads. Both of ya have pretty muffin schedules, 'cept one or two games; so does my team. Both of ya will make the playoffs, but we'll all get to see what yer made of before then. Polk vs SP and CB vs Boyd.

Don't know as much 'bout the Wildcats, but the Troll thinks the Cougars are gonna sprise them Buccaneers. :thumb:

It would be nice to see a Battle 'Tween the Hatfield's and McCoy's. It'd be ugly some years, but a good game. :thumb:

basin wouldn't have a chance against polk this year or many years from now. Since Davis took over the helm he has more kids on the team then he knows what to do with. Not taken anything away from Basin but Polks depth size and speed wouild be to much. Polk would wear out Basin and still be ready for 4 more quarters after the game. Tehy don't play players both ways and very few starters play on special teams. Just saying Basin has improved but they will not make state this year South Pitt is always there and they got beat by a very good Signal Mtn team. Basin finally has a coach that loves the game and is teaching the kids how to play with pride and thats great. But before Basin starts with the state champion talk tthey should play teams in upper classes thats what makes you better and prepares you for the South Pitts Jo Byrnes teams. Good luck to Basin.

I am from Cleveland and Random Poster is right...Copper Basin is OVERRATED the schools they play hasn't won 5 games all year together, Polk would bring there JV up there and beat you all....CBHS>>> if your so sure CB can beat Polk they lose alot of starters this year from what I understand. Get someting going to get these 2 schools together, It would be good for the Gates and Bragging rights for the winner... As I look down the 2 schools schedule it dont even compare. Polk is Alot tougher playin bigger and tougher schools 200 kids more isn't that much compared to polk playin Bradley and WALKER VALLEY. I know COPPER BASIN PEOPLE will have all sort of excuses, but the bottom line Is it easy to get on here and say what would happen instead of lining up on the field and let the pads do the talking.......

I am from Cleveland and Random Poster is right...Copper Basin is OVERRATED the schools they play hasn't won 5 games all year together, Polk would bring there JV up there and beat you all....CBHS>>> if your so sure CB can beat Polk they lose alot of starters this year from what I understand. Get someting going to get these 2 schools together, It would be good for the Gates and Bragging rights for the winner... As I look down the 2 schools schedule it dont even compare. Polk is Alot tougher playin bigger and tougher schools 200 kids more isn't that much compared to polk playin Bradley and WALKER VALLEY. I know COPPER BASIN PEOPLE will have all sort of excuses, but the bottom line Is it easy to get on here and say what would happen instead of lining up on the field and let the pads do the talking.......

I didnt say Cb would beat PC i said we shouldnt play.. if i thought we could win i would want to play. Polk is really good these days. And troll thanks for believin in the Cougars. Your one of the few that do outside of this little area

FYI Polk has 650 students this year. Basin averages around 275 with 7th and 8th grades within the building. I have been to both, and unashamed to admit it, taught at both schools. The schools should never meet in football again. The danger isn't trash on the field or other vandalism. The anger toward each other had gotten ridiculous and fights were beginning to break out. The game was stopped so that no one would get hurt. End of story.

FYI Polk has 650 students this year. Basin averages around 275 with 7th and 8th grades within the building. I have been to both, and unashamed to admit it, taught at both schools. The schools should never meet in football again. The danger isn't trash on the field or other vandalism. The anger toward each other had gotten ridiculous and fights were beginning to break out. The game was stopped so that no one would get hurt. End of story.

Thank you! thats what i have been trying to say. But ok lets get back on the subject of Basin and Grace not Basin and Polk

Hey bud were just talking football. You need to just shutup. It seems you have no clue what your talking about

Me not know what I'm talking about?

I know enough to say with 100% certainty that Copper Hill ended the series in May '05, when it sent a letter to PCHS informing them that they were gonna play a team 50 miles away instead of their county rival. Did I mention that the schedules had already been turned into the TSSAA 3 months previous and that it was just an attempt by Stone to one up PCHS by leaving them at the alter with a 9 game schedule!?!?

FYI Polk has 650 students this year.

Nope, 602.
Basin averages around 275 with 7th and 8th grades within the building.
Their must have been a heck of a rise in population this year if thats the average of past years for grades 7-12 because it currently has 316 in grades 9-12.
The anger toward each other had gotten ridiculous and fights were beginning to break out. The game was stopped so that no one would get hurt. End of story.

The anger was getting ridiculous, huh? It was no worse than it was during the years when each side annually printed up t-shirts ripping the other school a new one. There was never the first sign of a fight.

Plain and simple...

It was a healthy football rivalry that generated a ton of money for the county and was ended because Copper Hill decided to hitch themselves to Stone and travel outside of the state rather than play football inside their own county.