Grace @ Copper Basin

CBHS

Me not know what I'm talking about?

I know enough to say with 100% certainty that Copper Hill ended the series in May '05, when it sent a letter to PCHS informing them that they were gonna play a team 50 miles away instead of their county rival. Did I mention that the schedules had already been turned into the TSSAA 3 months previous and that it was just an attempt by Stone to one up PCHS by leaving them at the alter with a 9 game schedule!?!?

Nope, 602.

Their must have been a heck of a rise in population this year if thats the average of past years for grades 7-12 because it currently has 316 in grades 9-12.

The anger was getting ridiculous, huh? It was no worse than it was during the years when each side annually printed up t-shirts ripping the other school a new one. There was never the first sign of a fight.

Plain and simple...

It was a healthy football rivalry that generated a ton of money for the county and was ended because Copper Hill decided to hitch themselves to Stone and travel outside of the state rather than play football inside their own county.

Wow you know it all... And thats Stone, he is gone

Copper Basin-Ducktown will beat Grace Academy-Hamilton Place in this game. Copper Basin-Ducktown is improved and Grace Academy-Hamilton Place isn't very good this season. If the Cougars are contenders then they will be able to take this one by 5-6 touchdowns.

Polk-Benton would probably enjoy playing Copper Basin-Ducktown again on a yearly basis. If it is a good rivalry then they should renew it.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Copper Basin-Ducktown will beat Grace Academy-Hamilton Place in this game. Copper Basin-Ducktown is improved and Grace Academy-Hamilton Place isn't very good this season. If the Cougars are contenders then they will be able to take this one by 5-6 touchdowns.

Polk-Benton would probably enjoy playing Copper Basin-Ducktown again on a yearly basis. If it is a good rivalry then they should renew it.

Copper Basin needs to put together a full game in this one. At Silverdale the running clock led to no points in the 2nd half and last week yellow flags were every where. This week the Cougars need to be consistent on both offence and defence and make a big statement.

I have to respond to this. When Copper Basin beat Polk County that year, we had ONE small bag of confetti that was thrown over our players. It was in no way meant to be disrespectful to the Polk County players, coaches, or fans. It was done as celebration. What was done to our field the next year was nothing less than vandalism. Several bags of shredded bank documents and other papers that was brought up on a school bus, so paid personel for the Polk County Board of Education was behind this. Were there any repercussions taken on these school employees??? NO! I am sure if the tables were turned and employees from "THE OTHER END OF THE COUNTY" had done something like this, they would no longer have their job!!! Copper Basin doesn't need respect from people from "BELOW THE MOUNTAIN". We have never had it and that will never change!! We stand behind our team win or lose and we will continue to do that.

Old Pirate says CB and SP should renew ther feuds. Sure remember some real good teams when that Mullinax feller had them youngons from Basin earholing purt near everyone around.

This is a Copper Basin and Grace thread but I am just curious..Why does CB not play SP or Polk. Isn't Polk a rival? or was? I know we played them all the time back in the day partly because they were in our region but do not know why that game got cancelled once realignment happened. Just looked at CB's schedule..they really play nobody..Now don't get me wrong I think that Basin is a good team in 1A this year..They have alot of seniors with experience...but not playing that competition could come back to bite them in the playoffs...Shoot, SP could have lost a few games this year due to playing higher class teams but they want to challenge their kids to see what they really got..I guess Polk and SP will be the new rivalry instead of Polk and CB...AD or head coach up there only knows why they don't play..sure would be interested to know why not any more challenging games though..I do know scheduling is set up on a rotation..Hey..SP needs new opponents this year...why not schedule them?? Just a suggestion for a gate

Having seen my team play and lose to Copper and Grace, I would have to say Grace is the much better team. Copper can win and should, but Grace was faster, stronger, and better than we thought. Don't overlook Grace just because they are 2-4 and coming of a 0 win season. My pick Grace by 7

Who is your tems? Silverdale?

I have the answer! Plain and simple! The cougars are scared to play the Wildcats. Heck, they are even scared to play SP again! Rival games bring gate money! the poster on here CBHS said it right... if they thought they would win against PC, they would play them. I bet CBHS is from Polk County! Copper Basin will travel to the Graces and the Andrews for easy wins... Grace cause they have to. The realignment was a blessing in disguise for Basin. It gave them the opportunity to drop high caliber teams like PC and SP and get away with it. As a fan, I would much rather watch a rival game and LOSE, than watch a 80-0 win!