Camden Hosts Montgomery Central

Squanto

Camden will ROLL in this one. BIG!!!!! MCHS is an improved team, but not the best of matchups with Camden. The Lions will be feasting on Friday. It's very true that if you corner a dog, he will fight, but when you mess with one lion, you mess with the whole pride. MCHS played inspired football last year before Camden flexed its muscle. This year, there will be only inspiration from Camden. Lions 41 Montgomery 14

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Prez. First of all it is MCHS. Not MCCHS. We are not the county high school. hence, MCHS. Secondly we are not the pits of the high school football world now, and we have a long way to go in establishing our football program as a dominate program. The previous "squeaker" games we had with CA was riddled with penalties and three TD's were called back due to penalties. Should have been a blow out. The Cheatham game was close and in previous years the Indians would have crumbled. Not any more. East Hickman's record of 0-5 is not deserved, they played much better against the Indians. Central's coaching staff, players, and community are "all in" and on a mission. Now as for Camden. Speed, talent, and excellent coaching. All three both the Indians and Camden have to a degree. All ingredients for a state championship team. They will not over look the Indians and they may win the game. You never know how the ball will bounce. A cornered dog is very dangerous, especially if you have it's favorite bone!

I like that Iceman76 may I use that quote one day about having the dogs favorite bone. But you are right. MCHS has gotten better each and every week. That is all that can be asked from the players, coaches, and have the community continue to support them. They may not be where they want to be right now but keep working hard and that goal is within hand. As you said no one knows how the ball may bounce once the game starts. and you are right MCHS should have destroyed CA and should have beat WC but penalties are part of the game and you have to learn how not to have silly penalties. Since MCHS has cut back on the penalties things are getting better for them.

Indian fans...let's not get too carried away! I'm sure given some of MCCHS's recent history, this 4-1 start is most exciting for many and it should be! HOWEVER..let's review what's happened so far this season.

First, the Indians "barely squeaked by" (7-6)what's I'm sure an big rivarly game against Clarksville Academy..the only other Clarksville school that's not a member of District 10-AAA and who after starting the season 0-3 have found 2 wins over Stewart Co. and White House Heritage!

Secondly, the Indians lost game 2 to West Creek...the Coyotes...which "technically" is West Creek's ONLY win since they had to vacate their opening win over Cannon County!...really..West Creek? C'mon MAN!!

Third, MCC showed out against Houston County 39-0...however, the Irish have yet to win one!

Next, the Central Indians defeated possibly their toughest opponent so far by defeating the Cheatham County Cubs apparently in a head knocker on the road in Ashland City! The Cubs are 3-3 and seem to be descent at best..given the fact that the Indians again "sneaked by" 28-27 moving to 1-0 in the District!

Lastly, MCCHS knocked of East Hickman in Lyles, TN, 20-12 moving to 4-1 on the season while the East Hickman Eagles are still awaiting their 1st win!

So Prez...what are you saying?? I'm saying that Friday's game "ain't gonna be pretty"! That's what I'm saying! MCCHS..hey..i'm glad you are having a successful season..given the challenges with the "youth football arrangement" in Clarksville, it's definately something to be proud of! But, the Prez is just stating the unpopular facts leading up to Friday's Indian/Lion showdown...and I just can't see the Indians putting on much of a show!

Hey Prez...I like the cut of your jib! You take pride in the things you say which makes your posts fun for me to read. I notice that you've done some research on us 'country folk' over here at Central and let me say that you are absolutely right in your findings. My question, however, is this...If you're not that worried about MCHS, then why are you putting in so much time and effort researching them to see what they are about? Because what you looked up, did take some time to do. But I've also done some research my friend and I found that every team that Camden has played thus far has an overall record of sub .500 with the exception of one (and they're a 1a school). Now, I'm not trying to get anything started with trash talking on coach t because I know pound for pound, Camden should win this game. My point is that it will be a closer game then what a lot people think.

Hey Prez...I like the cut of your jib! You take pride in the things you say which makes your posts fun for me to read. I notice that you've done some research on us 'country folk' over here at Central and let me say that you are absolutely right in your findings. My question, however, is this...If you're not that worried about MCHS, then why are you putting in so much time and effort researching them to see what they are about? Because what you looked up, did take some time to do. But I've also done some research my friend and I found that every team that Camden has played thus far has an overall record of sub .500 with the exception of one (and they're a 1a school). Now, I'm not trying to get anything started with trash talking on coach t because I know pound for pound, Camden should win this game. My point is that it will be a closer game then what a lot people think.

Are you crazy? That 1A team would beat the pants off your 4A team. That's one of the best teams in 1A. Don't get it twisted. You have your facts wrong though. Westview is over .500. They are the 2nd best team in 3A footall in west Tennessee. You will understand after you play Camden. Speed kills, and frankly, the size might too. I see 3+ 50-yard or better TDs from Camden on MCHS this week....maybe more. You can't focus on who we played having bad records until you see who they lost to. I'm not trying to get any trash talking going either, but you will understand it Friday. District 11AA goes through Camden. Your boys gonna get a shot at the title Friday. But the knockout blow is gonna sting a litte on Saturday my friend.

Edited by matt_8777

Camden, the second best team in the state. The lions will have to advance

past the third round of the playoffs to be considered among the elite teams in 3A.

I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Westview or Mckenzie, you have to beat teams like

Milan and Goodpasture to get any respect around here. I would say there will be

5 teams better than Camden come playoff time.

Camden, the second best team in the state. The lions will have to advance

past the third round of the playoffs to be considered among the elite teams in 3A.

I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Westview or Mckenzie, you have to beat teams like

Milan and Goodpasture to get any respect around here. I would say there will be

5 teams better than Camden come playoff time.

Right now I would say

1.) Alcoa

2.) CAK

Who else do you speak of is my question to you sir?????

Right now I would say

1.) Alcoa

2.) CAK

Who else do you speak of is my question to you sir?????

This Camden fan agrees...

1) Alcoa

2) CAK

3) Goodpasture

4) Camden/Loudon

Oh how we've missed your Milan trolling swingjuice. I guess you're far enough out from that Westview loss that you feel its safe enough to troll again huh? Milan will have to get through Westview and Camden first before any of us have to worry about anyone else. Save it 'til about week 9 or so...your schtick plays better then.

Are you crazy? That 1A team would beat the pants off your 4A team. That's one of the best teams in 1A. Don't get it twisted. You have your facts wrong though. Westview is over .500. They are the 2nd best team in 3A footall in west Tennessee. You will understand after you play Camden. Speed kills, and frankly, the size might too. I see 3+ 50-yard or better TDs from Camden on MCHS this week....maybe more. You can't focus on who we played having bad records until you see who they lost to. I'm not trying to get any trash talking going either, but you will understand it Friday. District 11AA goes through Camden. Your boys gonna get a shot at the title Friday. But the knockout blow is gonna sting a litte on Saturday my friend.

Careful there Matt_8777...McKenzie (the 1A team you are referring to) is pretty good but..let's not accuse them of being the Green Bay Packers..they are a "good" 1A team..not an "awesome" 1A team...let's not predict what they'd do against the 2A (that is what Camden & MCHS are until the playoffs)Indians or anyone else.

Secondly Matt...in fact, the Westview Chargers are indeed only .500 with losses to McKenzie, Camden, and (an excellent) Memphis Trezevant squad makes them 3-3 on the season..(which in baseball terms would be .500)!

Iceman...great post and you are CORRECT..i added one too many "C's" in MCHS's title...i do appologize AND like I SAID..the execitment is apparent, your coaches and community have a right to be proud...but penalties and mistakes are indeed stumbling blocks and limit a team's effeciency THEREFORE, they can actually remove points from the scoreboard regardless of how many time your offense moves up and down the field! Scores DO NOT count if called back on a penalty..(usually..penalties are the reason for the score) thus they are "called back"!

Iceman..you can defend the East Hickman Eagles til week 10...I'm sure they have a great group of young men..however, they have played 5 games and lost all 5! As a matter of fact, East Hickman represents Loretto's ONLY win on the season! I'll give you Fairview..( i assume they are descent sense they are 5-0) but..let's not kid ourselves..these schedules aren't "sweat breakers"!

Speaking of schedules..hateitorloveit...Camden (with the exception of Bruceton-Hollow Rock) strives to play a more difficult schedule than what they see in their district to prepare them for the Milans, Goodpastures, and CAKs that they perhaps may see in the playoffs! Again, many make the mistake of using "playoff classifications" as a barometer of toughness when in reality, there are "right now" only 3 classes in D-I!

I can assure you that the only "pushover" on the Lion's non-district schedule is in fact the Central Tigers from Bruceton! Oh..although it may seem that I spent hours upon hours of research, it didn't take all that long to figure out the wins and losses on MCHS schedule and who on the schedule are actually "players" and who are not! And let me ASSURE EVERYONE..that Clarksville Academy and West Creek are NOT contenders at ANY level! Therefore a 7-6 win over Clarksville Academy is a "SQUEAKER" and the loss to West Creek is a reason to "hide your face" regardless of penalties, turnovers, injuries, bus breaking down, band too loud, food poisoning, etc, etc.!!

Some on here may feel that I dislike or have an axe to grind against the Indians which couldn't be further from the truth! I simply like the Lions in this particular match up and expect most will notice the seperation in the two programs after Friday night but..MCHS still has a much improved team and I hope the will continue to improve...i just wish the other Clarksville programs would take notice and follow suit!!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Careful there Matt_8777...McKenzie (the 1A team you are referring to) is pretty good but..let's not accuse them of being the Green Bay Packers..they are a "good" 1A team..not an "awesome" 1A team...let's not predict what they'd do against the 2A (that is what Camden & MCHS are until the playoffs)Indians or anyone else.

Secondly Matt...in fact, the Westview Chargers are indeed only .500 with losses to McKenzie, Camden, and (an excellent) Memphis Trezevant squad makes them 3-3 on the season..(which in baseball terms would be .500)!

Iceman...great post and you are CORRECT..i added one too many "C's" in MCHS's title...i do appologize AND like I SAID..the execitment is apparent, your coaches and community have a right to be proud...but penalties and mistakes are indeed stumbling blocks and limit a team's effeciency THEREFORE, they can actually remove points from the scoreboard regardless of how many time your offense moves up and down the field! Scores DO NOT count if called back on a penalty..(usually..penalties are the reason for the score) thus they are "called back"!

Iceman..you can defend the East Hickman Eagles til week 10...I'm sure they have a great group of young men..however, they have played 5 games and lost all 5! As a matter of fact, East Hickman represents Loretto's ONLY win on the season! I'll give you Fairview..( i assume they are descent sense they are 5-0) but..let's not kid ourselves..these schedules aren't "sweat breakers"!

Speaking of schedules..hateitorloveit...Camden (with the exception of Bruceton-Hollow Rock) strives to play a more difficult schedule than what they see in their district to prepare them for the Milans, Goodpastures, and CAKs that they perhaps may see in the playoffs! Again, many make the mistake of using "playoff classifications" as a barometer of toughness when in reality, there are "right now" only 3 classes in D-I!

I can assure you that the only "pushover" on the Lion's non-district schedule is in fact the Central Tigers from Bruceton! Oh..although it may seem that I spent hours upon hours of research, it didn't take all that long to figure out the wins and losses on MCHS schedule and who on the schedule are actually "players" and who are not! And let me ASSURE EVERYONE..that Clarksville Academy and West Creek are NOT contenders at ANY level! Therefore a 7-6 win over Clarksville Academy is a "SQUEAKER" and the loss to West Creek is a reason to "hide your face" regardless of penalties, turnovers, injuries, bus breaking down, band too loud, food poisoning, etc, etc.!!

Some on here may feel that I dislike or have an axe to grind against the Indians which couldn't be further from the truth! I simply like the Lions in this particular match up and expect most will notice the seperation in the two programs after Friday night but..MCHS still has a much improved team and I hope the will continue to improve...i just wish the other Clarksville programs would take notice and follow suit!!

Glad to hear from all of you. Just want to see a good hard hitting game played cleanly and with no injuries, penalties, and also well coached. Have a great day. :D