8.) South = Rebuilding

Players to watch:

Hill = Hale, Adams, Good, Allen

DB = Alshie

THS = ?

Boone = Connell, Gaitor

Crockett = Tarlton, Garland

Volunteer = Green, Fogerty, Transfer

Just my 2 cents. What does everybody else think?

1.) Science Hill = Loaded with players

2.) Dobyns - Bennett = Great coaching

3.) THS = Tempo keeps them in games

4.) Boone = Solid team

5.) Crockett = Do or die season

6.) Volunteer = New kid added with Fogerty and Green

7.) Central = ?

8.) South = Rebuilding

Players to watch:

Hill = Hale, Adams, Good, Allen

DB = Alshie

THS = ?

Boone = Connell, Gaitor

Crockett = Tarlton, Garland

Volunteer = Green, Fogerty, Transfer

Just my 2 cents. What does everybody else think?

I think this is a very accurate pre-season assessment 34. I would suggest Central may not be any better than South. They will tussle with each other to avoid the cellar. I could see Tn. Hi slipping all the way to 6th. Science Hill runs the table, Dobyns-Bennett clearly 2nd, and Volunteer,Boone,and Crockett,all jumbled with each capable of a D-B upset on their home floor. It will be interesting to see if the Hill can get through Knoxville this year to carry the banner at State.

Its known that Science Hill should be number 1 with Hale being a five star and already being offered by Tennessee. The question is who will be number two, which I think will be DB, but they may get off to a bad start with most of their key players playing football.

Hale already has an offer from Tennessee? Wow, I did not know that. Do you know anything about the rumor of SH getting a good transfer from DB? Who is it?

I hope he didn't have his picture made at Pearl's house.

Dont sleep on Boone this year, they finished up strong last year. Beating South, The Hill 2 times, & DB once in the Tour. They return a 1st team all-con. player in Hayden Chandley, who shoots well and draws the top Off. player from the other team. Also Boone returns all 5 starters, Connell is a load in the middle, Gatior & Keever have speed to push the tempo, and Reppart could be the X facyor with his length. What might hurt the Blazers this year if they make any noise in the football playoffs, 4 of 5 starters on the B-Ball team play football. Good Luck to all the BIG 8 Teams this year. Go BLAZERS.

Dont sleep on Boone this year, they finished up strong last year. Beating South, The Hill 2 times, & DB once in the Tour. They return a 1st team all-con. player in Hayden Chandley, who shoots well and draws the top Off. player from the other team. Also Boone returns all 5 starters, Connell is a load in the middle, Gatior & Keever have speed to push the tempo, and Reppart could be the X facyor with his length. What might hurt the Blazers this year if they make any noise in the football playoffs, 4 of 5 starters on the B-Ball team play football. Good Luck to all the BIG 8 Teams this year. Go BLAZERS.

what hurts boone is the coach plan and simple his a cry baby i really cant belive his still there

what hurts boone is the coach plan and simple his a cry baby i really cant belive his still there

I am assuming your kid doesn't get alot of minutes. Ryan Arnold is one of the most underrated coaches in this area period. His team plays hard and competes night in and night out and he has a very high knowledge about the game. Why dont you tell me the last time Daniel Boone has played in a Substate game? When was the last time Daniel Boone won 18 games beat Science Hill twice and Dobyns Bennett once all in the same season? Not to mention Tennessee High and Unicoi as well.

Look save your crap for someone who cares regardless of your freedom of opinion you are just setting yourself up to look like a complete idiot.

Edited by JIMA6578

Well you have your opinion, but i have seen 1st hand what he can do with a group of under-sized kids who are mostly made up of football players. He works the ref's and its no secret that the ref's dont care much for him. But the numbers dont lie. If working the ref's for a call later in the game is "being a cry baby" then the BIG 8 is full of "cry baby's". Last year i seen TN. High, S. Hill, & Vol. coaching staffs screaming and jumping up and down for calls. Cutlip was laying in the floor up at crockett in the district tour. being a cry baby or just passionate coaches? My son is a SR. this year and he thinks the world of Ryan and his staff. We would like to get a late start to B-Ball season this year, and make a deep run in the playoffs. Best of Luck to all the BIG 8 Teams this year.

• 3 weeks later...