2A Playoff Projections

Ascendotuum

right now Adamsville must have some help. If Lake County or South Fulton can beat Peabody it gets us in, not sure we really deserve it yet or not. If Peabody gets the automatic berth in their district we are out. As bad as we have played, it is still a shame that a team can win only one game all year long and qualify for the playoffs. We need a rule that makes it mandatory that a team must be at least 5-5 to make playoffs or something like that.

Yes it totally stinks something has to be done! :ph34r:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Westwood defeats MAHS this weekend, both Westwood and Douglas will be officially in the 2A playoffs by TSSAA rule despite what the qualification rankings say. They will finish 1-2 in 16A and that district will have completed their regular season schedule. As it currently stands, Adamsville and one other eastern team will get the shaft.

Its pretty pathetic they will get in even though they don't qualify on an at large bid. :roflol: For them to get a bye is a disgrace and p!ss poor written rules and bylaws by the TSSAA.

To even have a chance at the playoffs, Adamsville must hope that MAHS upsets Westwood this weekend. Otherwise both Memphis teams will make the show and it won't matter what else happens, Adamsville will be left out.

How do you justify saying that westwood losing would help Adamsville? Westwood would still be top two in the region even with a loss. I believe they will finish the season at worst 4-6 maybe even 5-5. They are not as bad as people think. Also why do you think Adamsville is out of the playoffs? They should win out which will give them five wins and that will be enough to get them in the playoffs. The two teams currently in who will be out when westwood and Douglas are factored in are going to be Watertown who I believe will finish 3-7 and Oneida who should also finish 4-6. This means that Trenton will be in the playoffs also but must win against Gibson co. and either lake co. or south fulton.

When Westwood defeats MAHS this weekend, both Westwood and Douglas will be officially in the 2A playoffs by TSSAA rule despite what the qualification rankings say. They will finish 1-2 in 16A and that district will have completed their regular season schedule. As it currently stands, Adamsville and one other eastern team will get the shaft.

Don't be so quick to count Oneida out. There isn't anyone on their schedule they can't play with especially on the D side of the ball. The have Coalfield, Sunbright and Jellico left and have been in every game they played.

How do you justify saying that westwood losing would help Adamsville? Westwood would still be top two in the region even with a loss. I believe they will finish the season at worst 4-6 maybe even 5-5. They are not as bad as people think. Also why do you think Adamsville is out of the playoffs? They should win out which will give them five wins and that will be enough to get them in the playoffs. The two teams currently in who will be out when westwood and Douglas are factored in are going to be Watertown who I believe will finish 3-7 and Oneida who should also finish 4-6. This means that Trenton will be in the playoffs also but must win against Gibson co. and either lake co. or south fulton.

It is rather simple. IF MAHS were to somehow defeat Westwood this weekend, via a tie breaker, MAHS would finish second according to the rules that are in place. MAHS would get an automatic bid to the 1A playoffs and some deserving team would be forced out. In 2A, should this take place, Douglas would be on the outs as only one team from 16A would make the 2A show. Now, if Westwood defeats MAHS (the fat lady is already warming up)both Westwood and Douglas would make the show in 2A and Adamsville would be out as they are ranked 24 according to the current TSSAA formula.

In regards to the number of wins Adamsville might get, 5 wins did not guarantee you a wild card spot last year. Heck, there was even a 6 win team that did not make the show last season.

It is rather simple. IF MAHS were to somehow defeat Westwood this weekend, via a tie breaker, MAHS would finish second according to the rules that are in place. MAHS would get an automatic bid to the 1A playoffs and some deserving team would be forced out. In 2A, should this take place, Douglas would be on the outs as only one team from 16A would make the 2A show. Now, if Westwood defeats MAHS (the fat lady is already warming up)both Westwood and Douglas would make the show in 2A and Adamsville would be out as they are ranked 24 according to the current TSSAA formula.

In regards to the number of wins Adamsville might get, 5 wins did not guarantee you a wild card spot last year. Heck, there was even a 6 win team that did not make the show last season.

Westwood will not defeat MAHS. This year is not last year and there will be at least 4 teams with 5 wins make the playoffs. This does not include westwood or douglas. I think cascade will go 5-5 and get in, the loser of marion and boyd will finish 5-5 and get in, i believe oliver springs will go 5-5 and also adamsville. Adamsville needs to have their eyes on the sunbright oneida game and cheer for sunbright, the other big game will be the clay co. oliver springs game. If oneida or oliver springs lose that game adamsville will get in regardless of tie breakers because they will not finish 5-5. If they all go 5-5 adamsville could be in trouble because i think they will only have 4 teams that will win 50% of their games, I do not know about kossuth ms or even if they count.

Westwood will not defeat MAHS. This year is not last year and there will be at least 4 teams with 5 wins make the playoffs. This does not include westwood or douglas. I think cascade will go 5-5 and get in, the loser of marion and boyd will finish 5-5 and get in, i believe oliver springs will go 5-5 and also adamsville. Adamsville needs to have their eyes on the sunbright oneida game and cheer for sunbright, the other big game will be the clay co. oliver springs game. If oneida or oliver springs lose that game adamsville will get in regardless of tie breakers because they will not finish 5-5. If they all go 5-5 adamsville could be in trouble because i think they will only have 4 teams that will win 50% of their games, I do not know about kossuth ms or even if they count.

you are correct guru, we need some help. It is possible for us to have 5 teams at 50% of their games, but I would rather not rely on that. We need to get some help from the 1a schools the next couple of weeks. There are 3-4 schools that if they were to beat their 2a counterparts that would put us in. I dont know if we actually deserve the playoffs but we will gladly take it. We have a lot of injuries and that would give us the outside chance that some of them could heal and be ready. If that were to happen we would be a very tough draw, but we have to get healthy first.

I Personally Hope We Get To Play Hampton, Trouserdale, And The Hosemall Mountain Boy's. And I Hope All Your Players Are In Uniform And Standing Tall During The National Anthem...So's That Way There Will Be No Excuses For The Butt Whippin You'll Receive Once They Blow The Dang Whistle...Ya Hosers! :twisted: But It Would Be My Luck....That We'd Have To Play Ya All The Same Night In Consequetive Order! Ya Hosers!....The TSSAA Stands For....

Tennessee

Stupid

Schedules And

Athletic

_ _ _holes

:roflolk: The Jerks

Its Sissy Mountain High School. Get it right! I'm going to catch Troll's buzzard, spray paint in orange and make a parrot out of it. :roflol: