GRAINGER GRIZZLIES 2010

Warlock

As a graduate of Rutledge High Scool I am trying to figure out why there are no Grizzly fans on coacht

talking about The Grizzlies. I know the Griz have won only one game, but the problem is not the players.

There is talent on the team. Need I say more?

Come on Fans !!!!

Not a Grizz fan, but I did see them play Claiborne last night. They had a nice crowd, although it was homecoming so they do have fan support just not on coacht. It was a pretty good game for a half, they got a pretty quick RB Bowser I believe was his name, and they are definitely bigger than Claiborne. Very nice football stadium BTW.

As a graduate of Rutledge High Scool I am trying to figure out why there are no Grizzly fans on coacht

talking about The Grizzlies. I know the Griz have won only one game, but the problem is not the players.

There is talent on the team. Need I say more?

The Grizzlies do not have much if any depth. They start several underclassmen and when they sub they are bringing in more Sophomores and or Freshmen. They have some solid Seniors who are playing their hearts out, but it looks like another one or two win season for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies have been in several of the games at halftime, but as the game wears down they do too. They may be better next season, but the prospects of being much better than .500 looks slim. I dont have any answers, but the guys still are playing hard and fighting every Friday night! Good luck Grizzlies the rest of the way!

• Upvote 1

The Grizzlies do not have much if any depth. They start several underclassmen and when they sub they are bringing in more Sophomores and or Freshmen. They have some solid Seniors who are playing their hearts out, but it looks like another one or two win season for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies have been in several of the games at halftime, but as the game wears down they do too. They may be better next season, but the prospects of being much better than .500 looks slim. I dont have any answers, but the guys still are playing hard and fighting every Friday night! Good luck Grizzlies the rest of the way!

It all comes back to coaching. They need a conditioning program so they don't fizzle out in the second half.

RUN RUN RUN !

It all comes back to coaching. They need a conditioning program so they don't fizzle out in the second half.

RUN RUN RUN !

Conditioning could very easily be obtained thru a wrestling program and the mental toughness it would also give is not measureable.

Football players stay in incredible shape during the off season and are ready to go when spring ball comes back around.

Get those Grizzlies to Wrestle.

Conditioning could very easily be obtained thru a wrestling program and the mental toughness it would also give is not measureable.

Football players stay in incredible shape during the off season and are ready to go when spring ball comes back around.

Get those Grizzlies to Wrestle.

I agree that wrestling could keep the guys in great shape and definitely improve their mental toughness. I dont see it happening anytime soon though. There is not any wrestling in the middle school and not much interest in the high school because of that. Also, I cant think of anyone at the middle or high school that could even coach wrestling. I dont see Coach Briscoe taking on another sport. Good idea, just not gonna happen.

RUN RUN RUN !

I have kids and had kids come through the Rutledge and Grainger programs. Believe you me, there is not any shortage of running at practices. Perhaps a "conditioning program" is not exactly what you would call it, but there is definitely not any lack of running.

The big problem I see is so many of the guys have to play both ways. They are worn down by the second half. I know other teams have guys going both ways, but usually only 3 or 4 guys. Grainger has way too many players having to play both offense and defense at important and vunerable positions.

I agree that wrestling could keep the guys in great shape and definitely improve their mental toughness. I dont see it happening anytime soon though. There is not any wrestling in the middle school and not much interest in the high school because of that. Also, I cant think of anyone at the middle or high school that could even coach wrestling. I dont see Coach Briscoe taking on another sport. Good idea, just not gonna happen.

Maybe coach Briscoe should become the wrestling coach, then hire someone like David Ellis (former pioneer'71)

to be the head football coach.

David Ellis is an assistant coach at Maryville.