Dobyns Bennett vs. Tn High

sixtonjoseph

I can truthfully say I can't ever remember a worse performance by one of DB's primary area rivals (SH, THS and South). I would say THS looked like Central or Volunteer, but that would be an insult to Central or Volunteer. What the heck was going on with that team tonight? From the get go they looked like they wished they were somewhere else and were just going through the motions. I mean I think it's becoming evident that THS and SH are not all that good this year, but they have to be better than that. Hats off to the Tribe for mashing them, but that was the darnedest thing I've ever seen.

Really now? what about the whoopin the Devils put on the Vikes? ya 56-7? It wld be a hard fought game but with the Devil run game and the Dominating Defense the devils have they wld prevail. btw even tho it was against a cucake team the 2nds and 3rds increased a win tonight to 70 and held a shutout.

But Congrats DB. Tn High is Overrated but still has a good team w/ some talent. I have no doubt they will reload and be another top notch team

If we told you that Greenville is better than DB would you shut up and go back to the Greenville thread. Your like a knat over here.

PREP FOOTBALL: D-B demolishes Vikings

By Nate Hubbard

Published: October 08, 2010

KINGSPORT, Tenn. --

It didn’t take analysis from gurus, pundits or any other matter of football know-it-alls to explain what happened to Tennessee High on Friday night at Dobyns-Bennett.

Instead, it was three little words from a cherub-faced boy decked out in a Jr. Vikings jersey in the stands that summed up the performance of his heroes.

"They’re getting humiliated," the youngster groused with a there’s-no-Santa-Claus level of disbelief in his high-pitched voice just before the Vikings returned from the locker room at halftime down 41-0.

Dobyns-Bennett scored the first six times it touched the ball Friday night on its way to a 41-14 demolition of Tennessee High.

Indians quarterback Sean Seabolt rushed for 157 yards and four touchdowns and running back Chris Sensabaugh added 111 yards on the ground and another TD before each watched the second half from the sidelines.

The win puts D-B (7-0, 4-0) firmly in control of the Big Eight Conference title chase, while the defending champion Vikings (5-2, 3-1) will now need help to claim back-to-back crowns.

"We’ve just got to put this behind us and focus on the next three games," said Vikings senior tight end Brendan Downs, who had one of the few positive stat lines for Tennessee High with six catches for 104 yards. "We’ve got to win out so that’s going to be our main goal."

With games still remaining against tough Sullivan South and Daniel Boone squads, pulling off three straight victories will be a tall task for the Vikings if Friday’s showing is any guide.

Seabolt ran for 26, 34, 26 and 54 yards on his first four carries – with attempts two, three and four going for touchdowns – as the Indians rushed for 243 yards in the first quarter alone.

In the first half, D-B had 362 yards on the ground and held the Vikings to a lone yard on 13 carries, including three sacks of quarterback Austin Snyder.

Despite playing backups for the final 24 minutes, D-B finished with 464 total yards – including 432 rushing yards, one less than the 433 yards on the ground Tennessee High relinquished in a 56-7 loss to Greeneville. The Vikings, meanwhile, could manage only 188 total yards, with most of those coming after the game was well in hand.

"They were really getting to the outside on [our] defense and just using their speed to the best they could and our offense couldn’t get much going at the beginning either," Downs said.

"We just didn’t have outside support at all," added senior defensive end Bobby Quinn.

As part of their 10-0 regular season last year, the Vikings beat D-B 27-12 and led 27-0 at the half.

Things couldn’t have gone more differently Friday.

"This was probably the most revenge game we wanted this year," Seabolt said. "We just got straight embarrassed last year. We did not come out to play and we wanted to do the same thing that they did to us last year. And we got it done."

Seabolt said getting off to a fast start was a point of emphasis for the Indians before the game.

"We had to jump on them early and that’s one thing we haven’t done all year," he said. "We wanted to do that and they quit so we just kept going."

D-B coach Graham Clark said the Indians’ turnaround performance against the Vikings was exactly what he wanted to see.

"That last year was probably the worst performance since Roseanne Barr sang the national anthem," Clark said. "We were really bad last year and they were really good – that had a lot to do with it, too. Our guys [Friday] had a good focus about them."

One of the few highlights for the Vikings in the first half was sophomore Michael Payne’s sack of Seabolt, the first allowed by the Indians’ offensive line on the season.

Other than that one hiccup, though, the D-B blockers were unstoppable.

"It’s wide open every time because the offensive line is so great," Seabolt said.

Quinn said the Tennessee High defense hardly even had a chance to put a hit on the D-B quarterback.

"We couldn’t get to him," he said.

What can I say other than I'm Viking to the core... no matter how SOFT the core is at this point. VERY disappointed with how this game panned out. Don't get me wrong... I've been witness to SEVERAL beat-downs by the Tribe, but this is by FAR the most embarrassing moment of MY Viking stent. And I'm not even referring to the score,,, which in my book could have truly been close to 100 to NOTHIN had GC not have been a better man than me. I've seen this weakness from the very beginning but the Tribe pulled the gym shorts down to the ankles tonight. This team is SOFT... PUSHOVERS... NO HEART, and probably won't be able to reproduce (if you know what I mean)!!!!!!! I listened to the comments in the stands about STUBBS not calling the right plays... or not motivating the kids properly... or needing to do this or that. To all those people I say...... HE"S NOT JESUS... and Jesus it the ONLY one I've ever heard of that was able to turn water into wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go before I say what I mean and mean what I say! Before I do I have to say congrats to DB because you left no doubt tonight. TOTAL DOMINATION and you didn't even have to open the playbook. I'm Viking to the core... and all I can do at this point is try to support my team. I'm out......... but I will be back. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8-) :

Edited by Cap1
  • Upvote 1

What can I say other than I'm Viking to the core... no matter how SOFT the core is at this point. VERY disappointed with how this game panned out. Don't get me wrong... I've been witness to SEVERAL beat-downs by the Tribe, but this is by FAR the most embarrassing moment of MY Viking stent. And I'm not even referring to the score,,, which in my book could have truly been close to 100 to NOTHIN had GC not have been a better man than me. I've seen this weakness from the very beginning but the Tribe pulled the gym shorts down to the ankles tonight. This team is SOFT... PUSHOVERS... NO HEART, and probably won't be able to reproduce (if you know what I mean)!!!!!!! I listened to the comments in the stands about STUBBS not calling the right plays... or not motivating the kids properly... or needing to do this or that. To all those people I say...... HE"S NOT JESUS... and Jesus it the ONLY one I've ever heard off that was able to turn water into wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go before I say what I mean and mean what I say! Before I do I have to say congrats to DB because you left no doubt tonight. TOTAL DOMINATION and you didn't even have to open the playbook. I'm Viking to the core... and all I can do at this point is try to support my team. I'm out......... but I will be back. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8-) :

Thats the way you MAN UP, CAP41-14:thumb: Bring B.W. HOLT BACK.He'll help solve your problems.

What can I say other than I'm Viking to the core... no matter how SOFT the core is at this point. VERY disappointed with how this game panned out. Don't get me wrong... I've been witness to SEVERAL beat-downs by the Tribe, but this is by FAR the most embarrassing moment of MY Viking stent. And I'm not even referring to the score,,, which in my book could have truly been close to 100 to NOTHIN had GC not have been a better man than me. I've seen this weakness from the very beginning but the Tribe pulled the gym shorts down to the ankles tonight. This team is SOFT... PUSHOVERS... NO HEART, and probably won't be able to reproduce (if you know what I mean)!!!!!!! I listened to the comments in the stands about STUBBS not calling the right plays... or not motivating the kids properly... or needing to do this or that. To all those people I say...... HE"S NOT JESUS... and Jesus it the ONLY one I've ever heard of that was able to turn water into wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go before I say what I mean and mean what I say! Before I do I have to say congrats to DB because you left no doubt tonight. TOTAL DOMINATION and you didn't even have to open the playbook. I'm Viking to the core... and all I can do at this point is try to support my team. I'm out......... but I will be back. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8-) :

CAP1 came on here like the man he is and that should be respected. All the talk between us all is fun and means little, to man up is what sports is all about. Tip of the hat to Cap1 and TN High you all got the short end of the stick tonight. Luck to you all in the future. Let us please leave him alone, he ate his crow and was a man about it. Thanks

CAP1 came on here like the man he is and that should be respected. All the talk between us all is fun and means little, to man up is what sports is all about. Tip of the hat to Cap1 and TN High you all got the short end of the stick tonight. Luck to you all in the future. Let us please leave him alone, he ate his crow and was a man about it. Thanks

+1

Ah come on, let me rub in in some more. I've took so much abuse from the man. :)