Who is the top QB in the state

stokke

Guest ChipBroome
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by SCRAPPY:

With Thursday, Saturday and week 0 games - I've already taken in 10 games - Schlappi is solid - but at best the sixth best quarterback I've watched. At 1A, Ezell mostly gets to pick on 5'9" corners and safeties caught in man coverage. Chakra, you need to go watch a 5A game to witness the athletic differences in the teams. Where Ezell has a dozen quality high school players, places like Riverdale and Gallatin come at you in waves where practically nobody plays both ways. Out of the 20 teams I've seen - I'd rank it loosely and without much forethought about like this.

1.) WOLKE (Smyrna), 2.) Everson (Brentwood), 3.) Satterfield (Trousdale), 4.) BRITTON (Riverdale), 5.) JANCO (Goodpasture), 6.) SCHLAPPI (EZELL), 7.) SHARP (LEWIS CO.)

And that's leaving out guys like Ward at Collinwood and Hoath at Spring Hill and God knows Reffegee at Franklin's been outstanding. And I'd like to get a look at the Daugherty kid at Loretto. It's a tough position to rate on stats alone, especially if you haven't seen them. But halfway home - that's what I see.

I do beleive all the guys in above him are seniors. The differnces in competition is the main thing i would think cause he has just as much ability especially surronding him. Ezell will send 5 to 6 players from their last two teams to division 1 schools. How many are these others schools sending you mention. Probably one or two at the most. While i do agree with you that he gets to play some crappy teams. I think the playing level is not as uneven as you think.

Everyone always has made such an uproar about the size of the school that these guys play at, but in reality the abc private schools would compete in 3a or more easily if they didnt have to play both ways no problem.

Collinwood High School will be sending about 6 players to Division 1 Schools and one of them will be QB Jonathan Ward and of course their outstanding LB Scottie Rich and Shawn Green and Jacob Victory. I believe these guys should be rated higher. They play Iron man football.(both ways)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another example of a small school putting guys into big time programs. I really dont know what ward will go for. I didnt see him play defense last year, but that doesnt mean he isnt good at it. My only frame of refeerence is when they played Ezell last year and those 5 picks. Although ive seen him with some stellar stats. The #3 kid is big id like to see if thats all real cause hes goota be on somethin not illegal but maybe all he eats is creatin. Victory is also a solid player.

Austin James of Greenback. He has threw 17 touchdowns and only 1 interception. He is completing nearly 70% of his passes.Has led Greenback to a 5-0 record.He has thrown for over 1000 yds. He has to continue to play well if Greenback is to advance far into the playoffs.He is a 6'0 165 lbs Sophomore.

Joey Figler of Alcoa.He has thrown 10 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He will be a great one. He is a 6'1 165 lbs Freshman.

Cade Thompson of Maryville. He has been very good this year.This is really no surprise since Cade has a lot of talent and Maryville having the best quarterback coach(Quarles) in the state. Alex Rouse was supposed to be the starter at Maryville but was injured. Cade is 45-66 for nearly 800 yds.Cade is a great passer.He has perfect form on his passes.Very strong arm.Accurate also! I heard he is real smart also.Cade has thrown 7 tds and only 2 interceptions. He doesn't have to do a whole lot since he is surrounded by great talent.Cade is a 6'2 170 lbs Sophomore. Maryville will be great at quarterback next season with Rouse coming back.

All three of these kids will play college football somewhere.They may not be the best in the state now but they will give defensive coordinators nightmares the next few years.

[Edited by REBELRON on 10-3-02 10:57A]

Why would Boyd Buchanan's Will Healy not be in this? He did break the Chattanooga city record for all time passing yards in the 1st pass of the 5th game. This is all the schools in Chattanooga and all the qb's that have ever played. He is also a great option qb. He is very very fast and quick and he'll be at a division 1 college. I'm pretty sure Wake Forrest are the ones with their eye on him most.

Guest JESUSISLIFE2
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by SCRAPPY:

With Thursday, Saturday and week 0 games - I've already taken in 10 games - Schlappi is solid - but at best the sixth best quarterback I've watched. At 1A, Ezell mostly gets to pick on 5'9" corners and safeties caught in man coverage. Chakra, you need to go watch a 5A game to witness the athletic differences in the teams. Where Ezell has a dozen quality high school players, places like Riverdale and Gallatin come at you in waves where practically nobody plays both ways. Out of the 20 teams I've seen - I'd rank it loosely and without much forethought about like this.

1.) WOLKE (Smyrna), 2.) Everson (Brentwood), 3.) Satterfield (Trousdale), 4.) BRITTON (Riverdale), 5.) JANCO (Goodpasture), 6.) SCHLAPPI (EZELL), 7.) SHARP (LEWIS CO.)

And that's leaving out guys like Ward at Collinwood and Hoath at Spring Hill and God knows Reffegee at Franklin's been outstanding. And I'd like to get a look at the Daugherty kid at Loretto. It's a tough position to rate on stats alone, especially if you haven't seen them. But halfway home - that's what I see.

I do beleive all the guys in above him are seniors. The differnces in competition is the main thing i would think cause he has just as much ability especially surronding him. Ezell will send 5 to 6 players from their last two teams to division 1 schools. How many are these others schools sending you mention. Probably one or two at the most. While i do agree with you that he gets to play some crappy teams. I think the playing level is not as uneven as you think.

Everyone always has made such an uproar about the size of the school that these guys play at, but in reality the abc private schools would compete in 3a or more easily if they didnt have to play both ways no problem.

I have to agree. David Wolke is a great QB. He came far from last year. He is only a jounier an dis in the top 5 in the state. and he is a leader on there team. He can run and pass. :D