District 10A

irishfan1

That was the score I saw, and actually did a double take, New Blue. Didn't realize that WHH had such a young team. Any predictions for the district this year?

My Guess:

1. Houston Co- I believe has all starters from last yr back.

2. McEwen- Rebuilding but still has good point guard. Correct?

then its tossed salad

3. Nashville Christian - Will be young too, what cha got NC?

4. Clarksville Aca- Will have the height,but will they have the 1-2-3 players to go with it.

5. Jo Byrns- Lost talent, what will the new blood be like?

6. WHHeritage- Has a few talented players that will have to step it up and shoot the ball. Not very deep on the bench.

7. East Robertson- unsure - Where are the East fans? let us know.

8. Merrol Hyde- the newbie to the district. ?? what do they bring to the table. Cmon Merrol fans...chime in.

I honestly think that the last 6 teams can be switched and moved any way you see fit they will all be fighting for the last 6 spots behind my 1 and 2. :shock:

My Guess:

1. Houston Co- I believe has all starters from last yr back.

2. McEwen- Rebuilding but still has good point guard. Correct?

then its tossed salad

3. Nashville Christian - Will be young too, what cha got NC?

4. Clarksville Aca- Will have the height,but will they have the 1-2-3 players to go with it.

5. Jo Byrns- Lost talent, what will the new blood be like?

6. WHHeritage- Has a few talented players that will have to step it up and shoot the ball. Not very deep on the bench.

7. East Robertson- unsure - Where are the East fans? let us know.

8. Merrol Hyde- the newbie to the district. ?? what do they bring to the table. Cmon Merrol fans...chime in.

I honestly think that the last 6 teams can be switched and moved any way you see fit they will all be fighting for the last 6 spots behind my 1 and 2. :shock:

Ok, the season is starting up and I have seen a few scores and I know the talent level of some of the teams that have played each other. So taking what I have seen and what I know here is a more solid Revised list.

1. Houston Co.

2. McEwen

3. East Robertson

4. Nashville Christian

5. Clarksville Aca.

6. Jo Byrns

7. White House-Heritage

8. Merrol Hyde

Must also say that the NEW WHITE HOUSE HERITAGE High School gym is most impressive. I'd say it is one of the top 10 high school gyms in Tennessee.

Heritage will struggle this year to say the very least. Their bench is only 4 deep and very inexperienced. They need to focus on one game at a time and just work on improving from one game to the next. I think that Houston County and McEwen will control the district and I expect for Nashville Christian and East Robertson to make a little noise, after that I think it depends on who works the hardest, plays as a team, and who improves as the season goes on. Good luch Lady Patriots and keep your head up!

Houston County should win the district with their solid guard play. Smith will keep McEwen in contention, but overall, they are really down from past few years. Everyone else is extremely weak. The winner of 10A will have a shot to win a game in the Region 5A Tournament, but it will be tough for anyone else to pull a win over 9A top 3 teams (although, overall that district is down as well with the exception of Moore County).

Yea the district will definitely come down to Houston Co. & McEwen. McEwen needs to be playing better ball, the last couple of games they haven't been playing like they should. If the new teammates step it up then they will be hard to beat, & if Smith is playing her game then she will be a hard one to stop. Houston Co. on the other hand has their starters back & have been playing with each for awhile, so with that said if their on then they will be unstoppable.

How do you think NCS will do this year without Hulan? She was the leading scorer for the team for the past three years and was well respected by all of the coaches in the district. I also heard that Hulan went to Trevecca on a softball scholarship. Does anyone know if this is true? If so then congrats girl. Thats quite an accomplishment!