District 10A

irishfan1

went down to HC last night for the games against Stewart County. Got there in the second quarter and HC was down 21 - 8. Those girls never panicked, pulled themselves together with some FINE team play, and came out the winners! HC is the team to beat in 10A.

Watched McEwen VS White House Heritage last Friday night. McEwen is better than I imagined. They lost some big players last yr but they still have some girls that can play inside ...I would say 3/4 of their points came from the paint, on straight plays and off 2nd chances. I was impressed with the work ethic from the McEwen girls as well. Defense wins games. WHH hung around for about 1 quater then Mc started to pull away. Houston Co will have their hands full. Cant wait to see HC play. WHH girls are improving...don't give up and keep up the hard work.

Good Luck to all.

• Upvote 1

Watched McEwen VS White House Heritage last Friday night. McEwen is better than I imagined. They lost some big players last yr but they still have some girls that can play inside ...I would say 3/4 of their points came from the paint, on straight plays and off 2nd chances. I was impressed with the work ethic from the McEwen girls as well. Defense wins games. WHH hung around for about 1 quater then Mc started to pull away. Houston Co will have their hands full. Cant wait to see HC play. WHH girls are improving...don't give up and keep up the hard work.

Good Luck to all.

HC has 3 really nice size post players, guards are tough, and a talented deep bench. They will be really hard to beat. But agreed everybody can have an off night.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

HC has 3 really nice size post players, guards are tough, and a talented deep bench. They will be really hard to beat. But agreed everybody can have an off night.

Post game was easy for McEwen against Houston Co. in the 10-11 season. However we still lost due to lack of control with the ball and nerves getting the best of most of the team.

Post game was easy for McEwen against Houston Co. in the 10-11 season. However we still lost due to lack of control with the ball and nerves getting the best of most of the team.

I was at both Houston County/McEwen games last season. I seem to remember one post from Houston County having between 10 and 15 points in one game, and 17 in the other. Don't really remember McEwen being that big of a threat inside.

I was at both Houston County/McEwen games last season. I seem to remember one post from Houston County having between 10 and 15 points in one game, and 17 in the other. Don't really remember McEwen being that big of a threat inside.

I am the post for McEwen and I had between 21-24 points one game and at least 16 the other. Erin couldn't stop our inside game, even when our other post came in the game.

It seems that you have a lot of confidence in "your" play in the post and the "back ups" play in the post. I will make sure that I am in attendance to see this game and to observe "your" dominance as well as your team. Where is this game at?

I didnt say what I said to be rude, but that is how the scoring came out last year. Also,I am confident in my team as a whole, not just myself. A team needs to be confident in their abilty to play, although there is a difference in confidence and cocky-ness. Trust me, I make mistakes that makes me want to kick myself. But, nobody is perfect and you just have to try to make the good over-due the bad. We wont dominate at all, for it will be a close game, but I know we can win if we play how I know we can. The first game is next tuesday in Erin and then the 31st in Mcewen.

Edited by rachelwright14

I am the post for McEwen and I had between 21-24 points one game and at least 16 the other. Erin couldn't stop our inside game, even when our other post came in the game.

Well, I guess our memories must be just a tad different then. Doesn't really matter..HC came out with wins both games, and in the end that's all that matters.