Westview PlayDay

CoachT

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores and results from today's play day are located below. The team highlighted in bold was the winner. Some of the games I never saw the final score, but do know that they won based on what I was told or the score at the time I moved on to another game. Some results could not be gathered.

UTM Elam Center

Court 2

10 Greenfield v. Munford

11 Dyersburg v. Summertown

12 Greenfield v. FRA - (by single digits)

1 Riverside v. Harpeth - (37 - 29)

2 Humboldt v. McNairy

3 Greenfield v. South Gibson - (by double digits)

4 Chester Co. v. Loretto - (31-28)

5 Creek Wood 9 v. Dyersburg 9

6 South Gibson v. Milan

7 Creek Wood v. Hardin Co.

Court 3

10 Gleason v. Union City - (36-26)

11 West Carroll v. Adamsville - (by double digits)

12 West Carroll v. Union City - (47-27)

1 Gleason v. Madison - (41-31)

2 Crockett Co. v. USJ - (42-27)

3 McKenzie 9 v. Creek Wood 9

4 Gleason v. Lake Co. - (45-36)

5 Crockett Co. v. South Fulton - (by double digits)

6 USJ v. Hardin Co. - (41-20)

7 South Fulton v. South Gibson

Court 4

10 Dresden v. Lexington - (26-19)

11 Dresden v. Creek Wood - (by double digits)

12 Peabody v. Lexington

1 Dresden v. Adamsville

2 Halls v. Big Sandy - (36-25)

3 Perry Co. v. Harpeth - (45-43 OT)

4 Humboldt v. McKenzie - (by double digits)

5 Union City v. Madison - (by double digits)

6 McKenzie 9 v. East Hickman

7 Big Sandy v. Dyersburg 9

Court 5

10 Bradford v. Riverside - (38-20)

11 Harpeth v. McKenzie

12 McNairy v. Munford

1 Creek Wood v. Lake Co. - (34-30 OT)

2 Loretto v. Munford - (33-25)

3 South Fulton v. Lexington - (29-14)

4 Bradford v. USJ - (39-23)

5 Wayne Co. v. Dyersburg - (by single digits)

6 Humboldt v. Summertown - (37-36)

7 Bradford v. Milan

Court 6 (Main Floor)

10 Rossview v. Adamsville - (45-28)

11 Wayne Co. v. Lake Co. - (41-31)

12 Westview v. Loretto - (33-30 OT)

1 Wayne Co. v. Rossview - (52-47)

2 Westview v. FRA - (26-24)

3 Dyersburg v. Rossview - (33-17)

4 Calloway Co., KY v. FRA - (38-25)

5 Westview v. McNairy

6 Calloway Co., KY v. Creek Wood - (49-33)

7 Madison v. Crockett Co.

Field House

9 Peabody v. West Carroll - (not sure of margin of victory)

10 Peabody JV v. Creek Wood 9

11 Perry Co. v. Chester County - (47-38)

12 East Hickman v. Dyersburg 9

1 Summertown v. Chester Co. - (by double digits)

2 Hardin Co. v. East Hickman - (by double digits)

3 Riverside v. Hickman Co., KY - (by double digits)

4 Halls v. Milan - (by double digits)

5 Big Sandy v. Hickman Co., KY - (45-41)

6 Halls v. Perry Co. - (by double digits)

It is really great that you had all these scores. Thanks. I think on a couple though that even though the winner is correct that maybe the score or amount is incorrect. Creekwood-Dresden game Creekwood won but only by 4. They have a very good team. Saw the end of that game. I'm also pretty sure that Peabody beat West Carroll by double digits. Watch the 2nd and 3rd qtr of this one. Saw most of the other games that you have scores for.

You do a great job. Keep it up.

It is really great that you had all these scores. Thanks. I think on a couple though that even though the winner is correct that maybe the score or amount is incorrect. Creekwood-Dresden game Creekwood won but only by 4. They have a very good team. Saw the end of that game. I'm also pretty sure that Peabody beat West Carroll by double digits. Watch the 2nd and 3rd qtr of this one. Saw most of the other games that you have scores for.

You do a great job. Keep it up.

Thanks, I'll try to fix the score for Creek Wood/Dresden. My notes were so scratched and everywhere that I could have put down something incorrectly. I remember looking at the scoreboard and thinking they were up fourteen with 2:00 left to play. I must have looked at it wrong since it was a game on one of the courts using the small tabletop scoreboards (ugh, on those things).

Thanks, I'll try to fix the score for Creek Wood/Dresden. My notes were so scratched and everywhere that I could have put down something incorrectly. I remember looking at the scoreboard and thinking they were up fourteen with 2:00 left to play. I must have looked at it wrong since it was a game on one of the courts using the small tabletop scoreboards (ugh, on those things).

I know all you have to go by is the score like Run and Jump says saw the end of the Dresden-Creek Wook game.You thought it was a 14 point game with two minutes left.Could it have been a case that CreekWood pulled their starters and it did end up by 4 points?So..both could really be right !

So, I guess UC looked alright ??

BTW...I noticed that in the OP Obion Central was listed...I didn't see any scores..I know their Cross Country team was in Nashville competing in the state championships and alot of the bball players run XC...I guess that's why they didn't play ??....

The little bit I saw Union City ,I thought they looked pretty good..I know Huff can play but I saw another gilr that was aggresive and looked pretty good.I saw the little girl bringing the ball down the floor for awhile and later the big girl at the middle school ..She handles the ball pretty good to be her size but dont think she's going to score much from outside against bigger ,faster girls and also ..she handles the ball well from what I saw but is it good enough against T.T. and Simone and Carnation.I think I'd have her down low.

But anyway..Just based on what I saw..had them above the Bradford team I saw.I really like Combs for Bradford but she is going to need help.Now if Street is playing..that could change Bradfor's outlook.!So..I'm not sure about Bradford just yet!

Edited by mrbigster

I know all you have to go by is the score like Run and Jump says saw the end of the Dresden-Creek Wook game.You thought it was a 14 point game with two minutes left.Could it have been a case that CreekWood pulled their starters and it did end up by 4 points?So..both could really be right !

Actually, the game was a 2 pt game with 3 minutes or so to go which was not what I was expecting. Dresden didn't score on a couple of possessions when they had a chance to tie it and and Creekwood made a few FT's to extend to four with just a few seconds left. Creekwood looked like they played 10 players while I was watching them and Dresden only played 7 it appeared. Saw the last 10 minutes or so.

The little bit I saw Union City ,I thought they looked pretty good..I know Huff can play but I saw another gilr that was aggresive and looked pretty good.I saw the little girl bringing the ball down the floor for awhile and later the big girl at the middle school ..She handles the ball pretty good to be her size but dont think she's going to score much from outside against bigger ,faster girls and also ..she handles the ball well from what I saw but is it good enough against T.T. and Simone and Carnation.I think I'd have her down low.

But anyway..Just based on what I saw..had them above the Bradford team I saw.I really like Combs for Bradford but she is going to need help.Now if Street is playing..that could change Bradfor's outlook.!So..I'm not sure about Bradford just yet!

Street was at the State CrossCounty meet where she finished 2nd. She will be there from now on.

Actually, the game was a 2 pt game with 3 minutes or so to go which was not what I was expecting. Dresden didn't score on a couple of possessions when they had a chance to tie it and and Creekwood made a few FT's to extend to four with just a few seconds left. Creekwood looked like they played 10 players while I was watching them and Dresden only played 7 it appeared. Saw the last 10 minutes or so.

Thanks Run and Jump

Street was at the State CrossCounty meet where she finished 2nd. She will be there from now on.

Ok then..She will make a difference .I don't think Lake Co has track.T.T. should come over there and run track with Bradford.Carnation can run like a deer as well..Would be a nice relay team even though I know Cross Country is a longer event..I know players can go to other places if that school doesn't offer a certain sport.Probably have to go to a school like Dyersburg though.Years ago,we had a golfer that played at Dyersburg.Don't think he could be counted in with their team ststs though.Just individual honors.Congrats to her though.!

Edited by mrbigster

Here are the updated scores from last Saturday. Thanks to all who participated! It was a great event!!

Some scores are missing. Thanks to ptguard12 for your help with the scores! Winning team is in bold.

Westview High School

Play Day 2010

Saturday, November 6th

UTM Elam Center

Court 2

10 Greenfield 31 Munford 29

11 Dyersburg 24 Summertown 33

12 Greenfield 20 FRA 32

1 Riverside 37 Harpeth 31

2 Humboldt v. McNairy

3 Greenfield v. South Gibson

4 Chester Co. 31 v. Loretto 28

5 Creek Wood (9) 14 Dyersburg (9) 28

6 South Gibson v. Milan

7 Creek Wood 28 Hardin Co. 50

Court 3

10 Gleason 26 Union City 34

11 West Carroll 30 Adamsville 39

12 West Carroll 21 Union City 41

1 Gleason 41 Madison 31

2 Crockett Co. 27 USJ 42

3 McKenzie (9) 18 Creek Wood (9) 43

4 Gleason 36 Lake Co. 45

5 Crockett Co. v. South Fulton

6 USJ 20 Hardin Co. 41

7 South Fulton v. South Gibson

Court 4

10 Dresden 26 Lexington 19

11 Dresden 36 Creek Wood 40

12 Peabody 31 Lexington 34

1 Dresden 34 Adamsville 37

2 Halls 36 Big Sandy 25

3 Perry Co. 45 Harpeth 43

4 Humboldt 31 McKenzie 42

5 Union City 38 Madison 33

6 McKenzie 9 25 East Hickman 43

7 Big Sandy 24 Dyersburg (9) 35

Court 5

10 Bradford 23 Riverside 38

11 Harpeth 29 McKenzie 27

12 McNairy v. Munford

1 Creek Wood 30 Lake Co. 34 OT

2 Loretto 33 Munford 25

3 South Fulton 29 Lexington 14

4 Bradford 39 USJ 23

5 Wayne Co. 27 Dyersburg 21

6 Humboldt 37 Summertown 36

7 Bradford 28 Milan 27

Court 6 (Main Floor)

10 Rossview 45 Adamsville 28

11 Wayne Co. 31 Lake Co. 41

12 Westview 33 Loretto 30 OT

1 Wayne Co. 52 Rossview 47

2 Westview 24 FRA 26

3 Dyersburg 17 Rossview 33

4 Calloway Co., KY 38 FRA 25

5 Westview 29 McNairy 32

6 Calloway Co., KY 49 Creek Wood 33

7 Madison 55 Crockett Co. 28

Field House

9 Peabody 26 West Carroll 31

10 Peabody JV 9 Creek Wood (9) 36

11 Perry Co. 45 Chester Co. 38

12 East Hickman 40 v. Dyersburg (9) 18

1 Summertown 35 Chester Co. 16

2 Hardin Co. 40 East Hickman 17

3 Riverside 33 Hickman Co., KY 23

4 Halls 21 Milan 43

5 Big Sandy 45 Hickman Co., KY 41

6 Halls 27 Perry Co. 48

7 --------------------------------------------

Westview High School

Play Day 2010

Saturday, November 6th

GYMS: UTM Elam Center, Skyhawk Fieldhouse

Call Coach Sean Stephenson at: (School) 731-588-2797 or (Cell) (615) 604-1787 to reserve your spot.

There is a 3 game guarantee. The entry fee is $125 per team, and the Head Coach will receive a complimentary gift. We can work out a price for extra games.

As of 9/30/10:

1.Westview

2.Gleason

3.Greenfield

4.Creek Wood

5.Creek Wood 2

6.Dresden

7.Peabody

8.Union City

9.Bradford

10.Calloway Co. (2 games)

11.Madison Academic

12.Halls

13.Lexington

14.Dyersburg

15.Dyersburg 2

16.USJ

17.Rossview

18.Riverside

19.Lake Co.

20.Perry Co.

21.Summertown

22.Humboldt

23.Henry Co. (2 games) back to back

24.Madisonville, KY

25.Wayne Co.

26.South Fulton

27.FRA

28.McKenzie

29.Obion Co.

30.Hardin Co.

31.Crockett Co.

32.West Carroll

33.Munford

34.Harpeth

35.Milan

36.Big Sandy

37.East Hickman

38.McNairy

39.Chester Co.

40.South Gibson

This is a really good AA-A Tournament of the best schools in West Tennessee and a Tournament tht should continue to be held for many years.