INDY EAGLES football - where is it headed?

sarahpalin

INDY- you have a coach in Dyson that is out of his league-his play calling is amazing, tonights win had zero offensive TD's but included some field goalds ( 42 yds ) a safety and a pick 6...

the indy vs bye thread we joked that the bye would beat indy and some of us picked the total number of pts INDY would score for the season... recap my picks

boro - 13 hey its a metro school - L

Columbia 12 - they always play em tough - L

Franklin -3 - gotta give props ti IHS kicker with a 48 yd f.g -L

Lavergne - 17- Lavergne need i say more -W

R-wood 0 - toom many blitzes -L

the paint on the new school in Spring Hill is about to dry- how mwill this effect IHS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang you beat me to it with this was thinking the same thing. a lot i mean a lot of talent will be gone for years to come for Indy. The way the zoning will be i think Indy will in fact stay in District11 but might go to 5A. But Sping Hill and Thompsons Station will literally be split down the middle by highway 31 way to go WCS Board. Summit will be in either 3A class or maybe 2A in major sports like football.

Indy is done as a football program when 2012 graduate.

My understanding is that the more athletic type of kids come out of Spring Hill, which the majority of will be at SHS in the next few years. Unless Dyson goes to SHS as the HC, SHS will be competive at their classification level before IHS will be again at any classification.

Dang you beat me to it with this was thinking the same thing. a lot i mean a lot of talent will be gone for years to come for Indy. The way the zoning will be i think Indy will in fact stay in District11 but might go to 5A. But Sping Hill and Thompsons Station will literally be split down the middle by highway 31 way to go WCS Board. Summit will be in either 3A class or maybe 2A in major sports like football.

Indy is done as a football program.

Delete the "when 2012 graduates" and you are spot on. They are done now.

Out of curiousity, how many coaches were interviewed for the H/C position before Dyson was selected? Any real good coaching talent passed up when he was picked? Did he keep the same assistant coaches as the previous head coach or did he go out and get his own? When was he named head coach? During the off season, prior to spring practice, when? We at Smyrna went through some of the same. Head coach left after two state titles in a row for another school and it has taken the current set of coaches almost three years to get it right. And i am talking about coaches that have multiple years experience as coordinators and position coaches though. Big difference. Point is if you expected Dyson to come in and lead you to the promise land this year then you set the bar too high. Maybe to the playoffs in a couple of years and then maybe 2nd round in 5 or 6. He has alot of learning to do. And unless he steps down it looks like he will do the majority of that at Indy.

Edited by milo118

Not sure of the number they interviewed but can confirm ex coach smith and Franklin assistant Webb......indy faced you smyrna in the state game when indy was in its third year of football. No one expected dyson to the promised land but I do think we expected to be fighting for a playoff berth . Dyson has had 3 years coaching , none as an offense or defense cordinator,let alone being named the A.D. to boot. Have you seen some of the bonehead mistakes he has made.the offense , can't score against a middle school team,they hit season high 18 last week but no offensive td

Not sure of the number they interviewed but can confirm ex coach smith and Franklin assistant Webb......indy faced you smyrna in the state game when indy was in its third year of football. No one expected dyson to the promised land but I do think we expected to be fighting for a playoff berth . Dyson has had 3 years coaching , none as an offense or defense cordinator,let alone being named the A.D. to boot. Have you seen some of the bonehead mistakes he has made.the offense , can't score against a middle school team,they hit season high 18 last week but no offensive td

I guess maybe Eubanks and the flexbone were not so bad after all. They were extremely close to winning multiple games. In Dyson's and Eubanks defense sometimes coaching cannot beat better players.