Daniel Boone vs. Science Hill

Booneman

I know your not talking to me but that has already been answered a few weeks ago.

I would like to see them play again, but that was answered a few weeks ago as well.

Well Cap, so SH was going to roll over Boone...wait and something about North...any other predictions? As I said, the team that steps on the field earlier in the season is not the same as the rest of the season. If they are, then they are in for a rude awakening play off time.

Good luck to SH the rest of the year....and 1271...a good Boone team beat a good SH team...get over it.

congrats to boone, they played a great game. Science Hill, obviously, did not. First time I've seen science hill have trouble on both sides of the ball. I can't fathom why the defense had such trouble stopping boone's rushing attack. IMO, it wasn't anything better than they've seen prior to this week. On the offensive side, dropped passes and missed blocking assignments were drive killers. It will be interesting to see how this team responds going into the game vs. south.

As far as the officials, you won't find any science hill person that's going to blame this loss on the men in stripes; the way science hill performed last night was unaccaptable. However, this is perhaps the worst officiating crew I have seen in quite some time. As a TSSAA official in other sports, I'm fully aware of TSSAA's inadequacies when it comes to the quality of their officials. Some science hill fans may cite the pass interferance that extended the drive that lead to Boone's first TD wasn't an incorrect call; there is no requirement that the ball be catchable for pass interference in high school rules. The block in the back during Connell's punt return for a TD was obvious, but as a SH person, I'm more concerned with the lack of containment by the special teams in the latter course of the play. The lack of a personal foul call for the helmet to helmet on the last play of the first half was atrocious. Failure to enforce this is inherently dangerous, especially with the emphasis on concussion awareness in the recent years. Lastly, the referee for this game did not understand basic clock management rules. It'll be interesting to see the video highlight of this game to see what the officials might have been seeing.

Hopefully SC will get the guys back on track for this week's game against South.

voltnh , you say no SHHS person is going to blame the refs. Then," as a science hill person" you use 169 words to blame the inadequacies of the TSSAA and the worst officiating crew you have seen in quite some time.

He is not blaming the loss on the refs, just sayin they stunk. I wasn't there, don't know. I can see where he's coming from though.

voltnh , you say no SHHS person is going to blame the refs. Then," as a science hill person" you use 169 words to blame the inadequacies of the TSSAA and the worst officiating crew you have seen in quite some time.

And nowhere in those 169 words did I say "the refs cost science hill the game," becasuse it wasn't the case. The officials didn't drop the wide open passes or allow boone to run up the gut of the defense 10 yards before being touched. Part of my little rant was due to dissapointment regarding how poorly science hill play. But as someone who wears that TSSAA patch, it is tremendously frustrating that most of the guys out there just don't care about the quality of their work and the TSSAA doesn't hold them accountable; training is virtually non-existant. And this isn't just a problem in football, is a widespread plague across the entire orginization.

And nowhere in those 169 words did I say "the refs cost science hill the game," becasuse it wasn't the case. The officials didn't drop the wide open passes or allow boone to run up the gut of the defense 10 yards before being touched. Part of my little rant was due to dissapointment regarding how poorly science hill play. But as someone who wears that TSSAA patch, it is tremendously frustrating that most of the guys out there just don't care about the quality of their work and the TSSAA doesn't hold them accountable; training is virtually non-existant. And this isn't just a problem in football, is a widespread plague across the entire orginization.

You can make up any excuse you want but the bottom line is Boone whipped their butt on both sides of the ball. And don't forget that Boone dropped 2 passes that should of been easy touchdowns or the score would have been worse. The game was won on the line of scrimmage and Boone was surging off the line and running up the middle for 4 or 5 yards a pop and SH couldn't do a thing about all night.

I would like to see them play again, but that was answered a few weeks ago as well.

Well Cap, so SH was going to roll over Boone...wait and something about North...any other predictions? As I said, the team that steps on the field earlier in the season is not the same as the rest of the season. If they are, then they are in for a rude awakening play off time.

Good luck to SH the rest of the year....and 1271...a good Boone team beat a good SH team...get over it.

Former,that sounds like me last year wanting to replay our game.You guys got two payback shots and made one count against TH in the playoffs.It's a lot harder to take when it's anyones game.It could be pretty interesting come playoff time for the local 5A teams.

No better, no worse. South does have the mental edge when they play each other.

Definite good point. Again I would like to see them in the playoffs but Boone needs some help from South. I hope South takes it to SH next week. Should be a great game to watch.

JC Press just posted a good article about the game. I've heard some penalty talk (and believe me I understand and can relate to concerns) but the article ends on a note of "even if you give SH all the penalties, they still never had an answer for Boone's runs" and gives a definite nod to the Boone Oline.

Beating SHill Again...Priceless.

Enjoy the win Boone boys, get your heads ready for the last three games.

I have a question for any SH fans. What do you guys think about the offensive play calling? How does Mitchell only get 4 carries last night? I saw against Crockett he had 4 carries all for touchdowns so I figured they sat him for blowout reasons.He should get at least 20 carries and 5 catches every game. I didn't understand how your best offensive player didn't touch it more.

I have a question for any SH fans. What do you guys think about the offensive play calling? How does Mitchell only get 4 carries last night? I saw against Crockett he had 4 carries all for touchdowns so I figured they sat him for blowout reasons.He should get at least 20 carries and 5 catches every game. I didn't understand how your best offensive player didn't touch it more.

Its easy to second guess the coaches. A lot of what if's and I would'of's. I'm not going there.

I'm not gonna wine and cry or try to dismiss or sugarcoat anything. We have a ways to go yet. So . . . ?? We're used to that.

Edited by The Hill