Perry Co. vs. Wayne CO.

tradertwo

Oops correction... no free meals, NCAA rules.

To those doubters I say, having gone to numerous camps this summer and personally talking to the coaches, they do not have a problem telling kids if they have the skills to play at their level or not. As far as offers, the problem falls on the top athletes who refuse to commit to a college, they clog up the system and everyone else gets slow played. Also, if my son wanted to play for Troy and he got a scholarship to be a back up, then it's up to him to take that starter position; D1 is D1 whether it is SEC, Sunbelt or Conference USA. D1 quality, I think its in almost every player's heart, it just depends on if they have the physical characteristics, how bad they want it and what sacrifices they are willing to make. Either way, we will see who is D1 quality on signing day, February 2, so unless you are a college recruiter or professional analyst, don't bash these kids by saying there are no D1 quality players in this region. :ph34r:

i have worked as a scout, i didnt know telling the truth about one's talent is bashing? that is the problem with players today... they are not realistic about where they can go after school... they look down at schools that are not D1. and they are getting ripped off by so called recruiting agencys and other such websits. i can only recall one player from a single A school that was a great D1 player, Patrick Willis (maybe you have heard of him) i was at the game when he embarassed PC in the playoffs. i would love to see these kids play in college by the way... but D1 schools will be at the BA-MBA game this friday, not PC - WC game... sorry. what is wrong with lambuth, bethel, or other small schools that are realistically where they can play.

Juniors are recruited as much as anyone, in fact, if you are not being recruited by the time you are a Junior than you probably will not be.

i am sorry for my rant an i will step down from my soapbox.

Yeah, they played Pikeville... What number was your son?

24. He's the one who ran into Tucker and got a concussion at the C'ville game last year. If I remember right, you or somebody from Cornersville made fun of it. Believe me, it wasn't funny, it was scary! To this day, if people ask him who's the hardest hitter he's ever come across while he played, he tells them Tucker!

24. He's the one who ran into Tucker and got a concussion at the C'ville game last year. If I remember right, you or somebody from Cornersville made fun of it. Believe me, it wasn't funny, it was scary! To this day, if people ask him who's the hardest hitter he's ever come across while he played, he tells them Tucker!

I didn't make fun of him. I remember you saying I made fun of him, I didn't though..

i have worked as a scout, i didnt know telling the truth about one's talent is bashing? that is the problem with players today... they are not realistic about where they can go after school... they look down at schools that are not D1. and they are getting ripped off by so called recruiting agencys and other such websits. i can only recall one player from a single A school that was a great D1 player, Patrick Willis (maybe you have heard of him) i was at the game when he embarassed PC in the playoffs. i would love to see these kids play in college by the way... but D1 schools will be at the BA-MBA game this friday, not PC - WC game... sorry. what is wrong with lambuth, bethel, or other small schools that are realistically where they can play.

Juniors are recruited as much as anyone, in fact, if you are not being recruited by the time you are a Junior than you probably will not be.

i am sorry for my rant an i will step down from my soapbox.

I think the reason that the scouts go to the bigger high school games is because of the depth of talent. they can go watch 2 5a teams play and might get to see 15 college level players were as they go to a 1a game and might get to see 1 or 2 talented players. But as for individual talent it dont matter if you play 1a or 5a.