Perry Co. vs. Wayne CO.

tradertwo

Great post, I agree completely. I too am guilty of this, and I do hope that anybody with a dream gets at least a shot at that dream.

Okay im ready to put my 2 cents in. Hope no one gets offended by me being from west tn. but wanted to say i think the game will be very excited this Friday. Ive had a chance to watch both teams, and think their both incredible. Ive kept up with both teams as much as i could, and heard a lot of things said comparing both quarterbacks. First of all both are terrific quarterbacks. The funny thing though is that they have completely different styles. Rice pocket presence is amazing. The way he feels the heat coming really makes you think does he have eyes in the back of his head. When he escapes the pocket, rather than get the 8 yards running he is constantly looking downfield while he is moving, and can deliver a rope on the run. Either running or staying in the pocket he is very sharp. He is as fundamently sound as any quarterback i saw in that position. Tucker is by far no slouch as well. The way he can take off with the ball when the heat is on makes him very dangerous. Passing or running he is a threat both ways. A fiery competitor who you want to look up at in the huddle. The way he can be slippery and hard to bring down is amazing. Like i said both are great and i wish i could watch this incredible game. Good luck to both teams.

You are right. I hope all of the players who would like a shot at playing at the next level get a chance. Some people get on here and blow up kids' heads and try to tell them how great they are and how good they will be in college. I think kids need to dream and if they want it,then they need to work for it but on the other hand we don't need to stretch it for them. We are all guilty of this to an extent and we all need to be realistic for them as well. There are several good athletes (for 1a) on both of these teams (my son included) but we as parents don't need to tell them they are something that they are not and can't be. This causes big let downs for them later on.

Back in the late 80's we (Wayne County) had a decent team. Several of us were All Region a couple of times and thought we were pretty good players back then. That's when it was A,AA,AAA. We played a guy by the name of Orlando Wade (Mr. Football twice in A & MVP of the State Championship) now he was good. He had size, speed and could run over you. He went to play at Mississippi State. He was a legend around here (Middle Tennessee)and probably the best player that I ever played against or have seen play in high school. He lasted 1 year at MSST before going to Carson Newman (or somewhere like that). That showed me that we were far from being good. Our high school level of play around here is so far from D1 it's not funny. All of our kids around here have a major up hill battle to reach D1 whither it is football, basketball, or baseball.

I know the feeling of being talked up. You get it in your head that your something of a diff. kind and then you go somewhere like UNA and realize that your just another face. These kids have worked hard to be where they are and I would hate for them to give up on their dream cause they were let down after tryin to go somewhere were there are 20 other kids just as talented and no one gives you a chance.

Non taken. I'm really hard to offend. I don't get you all refering to us Wayne County folks as cocky. From what I hear you all have been chanting WE WANT WAYNE COUNTY since game 1. I like this type of chatter and it has made this football season fun for me. Believe it or not I was pulling for you all last week and even back when you all lost to Riverside. I was hoping for you all & us to be unbeaten to this point. This will be a good game I hope.

I've never called you cocky, until that post, anyway. I don't get on here and insult others. I know some PC people do, as do some WC people. I just wanta watch some football! Can't wait till the game Friday night.

As a parent of a football player,I would have to say any offer from a college is an achievement. I read various post on here and often wonder if the players that are discussed read these threads.Football is very competitive,and I know alot of people are enjoying the ability to post their thoughts on here with secrecy. However the outcome of the game on Friday,I am proud of my son and want him to leave the game proud of his performance. This is a team sport and requires everyone clicking to bring home a win. When the game is over and the winner is announced I know all of the players mentioned in these threads will still be great in their own right. Excited for a great night of football on Friday!GO VIKINGS!!!!!!

Great post, Padre. :thumb:

reality? all this talk was going on last year as well... same players one year later... same talk and same result. do you remember last years score? it wasnt as close as some thought it was going to be. there are NO d1 talent on these two teams. sorry. Bethel should try to get one or two of them from each team. Cumberland should also, and maybe even Carson Newmen but even UNA would be a stretch for them.

A lot of people on here have laughed about the statement that Mercer talked to Alabama & Arkansas and Tucker talked to Ole Miss. Let's set the record straight for all the doubters:

Dray Mercer, Ethan Belasic, and I think Tyler Rice really were invited to go watch a game at Alabama & Arkansas. Jacob Tucker really was invited to go watch a game at Ole Miss. Will any of them play for any of those teams? Probably not, but it is still exciting for them and an honor to be invited. They got to tour the campus, and they got to watch a college football game. It's my understanding that Rice has already been made an offer from UTM. MTSU is interested in Belasic and Rice both, I think. Not sure which schools are most interested in Mercer, but IMO he's good enough to play somewhere like MTSU. Tucker is only a Jr, so he can't get any offers yet, but I'm sure he will next year. As far as building up their hopes, I think all four of these kids are smart enough and level-headed enough to know what they are and are not capable of accomplishing. I, for one, would love to see every one of them playing at the next level somewhere.

Edited by viking_fan

ok first of all everyone thats talking about tucker and rice (which pretty much all this topic is about.)I have watched both of these players play since they were freshman and they both are very good quaterbacks as we all know. But in my opinion watching them play this year i would have to give the edge to tucker simply because of his ability to use all 5 of his receivers unlike rice which i know that wayne co. doesnt rely on the pass like pc does but when they do run the ball its pretty affective as well.But that is just in the Quaterback position unlike rice, tucker plays all sides of the ball from defense to special teams and if i am wayne co. i wouldnt be bringing that running game to his side just from his performance this season. BUT HANDS DONE THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE WON IN THE PASSING GAME OR THE RUNNING GAME ITS GONNA BE ON DEFENSE AND THE TRENCHES!!!! LETS GO PC!!!

ok first of all everyone thats talking about tucker and rice (which pretty much all this topic is about.)I have watched both of these players play since they were freshman and they both are very good quaterbacks as we all know. But in my opinion watching them play this year i would have to give the edge to tucker simply because of his ability to use all 5 of his receivers unlike rice which i know that wayne co. doesnt rely on the pass like pc does but when they do run the ball its pretty affective as well.But that is just in the Quaterback position unlike rice, tucker plays all sides of the ball from defense to special teams and if i am wayne co. i wouldnt be bringing that running game to his side just from his performance this season. BUT HANDS DONE THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE WON IN THE PASSING GAME OR THE RUNNING GAME ITS GONNA BE ON DEFENSE AND THE TRENCHES!!!! LETS GO PC!!!

Better High School Football Player- Jacob Tucker

Better Quarterback and College Prospect- Tyler Rice

I think WC does a good job spreading the ball around. He has hit multiple receivers all year long, and I promise you our rbs dont care whos side they run to they are gonna duck their heads and keep going.

Oops correction... no free meals, NCAA rules.

To those doubters I say, having gone to numerous camps this summer and personally talking to the coaches, they do not have a problem telling kids if they have the skills to play at their level or not. As far as offers, the problem falls on the top athletes who refuse to commit to a college, they clog up the system and everyone else gets slow played. Also, if my son wanted to play for Troy and he got a scholarship to be a back up, then it's up to him to take that starter position; D1 is D1 whether it is SEC, Sunbelt or Conference USA. D1 quality, I think its in almost every player's heart, it just depends on if they have the physical characteristics, how bad they want it and what sacrifices they are willing to make. Either way, we will see who is D1 quality on signing day, February 2, so unless you are a college recruiter or professional analyst, don't bash these kids by saying there are no D1 quality players in this region. :ph34r: