Mid-Tenn Classic at A-Game Sportsplex - Oct 8 & 9

PageMan

It will be a long weekend for some teams as the teams who make the finals in either Gold, Silver, and Bronze brackets will have 10 matches. Pool play will start in the 8 pools of 6 teams at 3 PM Friday followed by completion of pool play Sat. morning starting at 8 AM. There will be crossover matches at noon and 1 PM where the seeding will be decided for the brackets. Single elimination brackets will begin at approximately 2 PM with the championships scheduled for 6 PM.

Here are the pools:

Pool A: Dobyns-Bennett, Franklin, St. Agnes, Summertown, Oak Ridge, Grainger

Pool B: Signal Mountain, Ravenwood, Hoover, Pope John Paul II, Bowling Green, Houston

Pool C: Father Ryan, Greenwood, Cookeville, Jackson Co., Hixson, Portland

Pool D: St. Benedict, Brentwood, Knoxville Catholic, Spring Hill, University School of Jackson, GPS

Pool E: Red Bank, Centennial, LaVergne, Harpeth, Danville, Hutchison

Pool F: Wilson Central, Ooltewah, Oakland, Nashville Christian, BGA, Collierville

Pool G: Cleveland, Blackman, Bolton, Greenbrier, White House Heritage, Lone Oak

Pool H: Page, Independence, Columbia Central, Germantown, Friendship Christian, David Lipscomb

As with all large tournaments, teams and schedules are subject to change.

Good luck to all the teams.

I'll have some brief reports when possible.

If there are any questions about schedules or other things, I will answer the best I can.

I hope everyone will help me gather scores as I will be busy doing Page's stats. I will try to gather as many scores as I can, but with 12 courts in operation, it will be tough. Tnanks for your help in advance.

If there are any questions about schedules or other things, I will answer the best I can.

I hope everyone will help me gather scores as I will be busy doing Page's stats. I will try to gather as many scores as I can, but with 12 courts in operation, it will be tough. Tnanks for your help in advance.

I've been told that Friday night results will be posted later that night on Blackman High School's volleyball website:

http://classjump.com/blackmanvolleyball/?section=classes&class_id=86869

Thanks, canstandtheheat, and welcome to the coacht Volleyball Message Board. I checked the link and it has all the info about pools and brackets that I received recently. Although it states that it is revised, it appesrs to have what I have. I will be checking that site late Friday night for scores I have missed. I will still be calling coacht during the night to give live updates when I can. Thanks again.

Page defeated Germantown 2-0 (25-19, 25-8), Friendship Christian 2-0 (25-23, 25-14), and Columbia 2-1 (25-15, 17-25, 15-7). I don't know any other results so check this link for more.

http://classjump.com/blackmanvolleyball/?section=classes&class_id=86869

DB Beat Ravenwood in the finals. The Final 4 had 3 teams from 11 AAA in it. Ravenwood beat Indy and DB beat Brentwood.

Anyone have scores from the finals?

Edited by clifford20

Dobyns-Bennett won in the finals 25-20 and 26-24. Ravenwood actually had game point in the second game at 24-23 before DB scored the last 3 points to win the championship. While they were tested a couple times, DB went 10-0 without losing a single game at the tournament. If my memory serves correct, DB beat Ooltewah, Brentwood beat Collierville (3 game thriller!), Ravenwood beat Red Bank, and Independence beat Houston in the quarters. I would not be surprised to see 6 of these 8 quarterfinal teams in the AAA state tournament and a 7th in the AA state tournament in a couple of weeks. Overall a great tournament with some of the best teams in the state in all classifications.

Very interesting picks in AAA and likely a few surprises along the way. Nothing is easy in AAA. Dobyns-Bennett is peaking at the right time even if their run in the Mid Tenn showed some strength. If injuries and travel doesn't cause some problems, my pick is DB beating a runner up out of region 2 and Karns beating someone besides South in Region I and the two schools will represent East Tennessee in the State. Don't be surprised of there will be a lot of excitement in both of those Regionals, Region I and 2.

Region 3 will be the matchups betweem to top of the mountain and the valley around Chattanooga aa Cookeville and likely Warren County will Battle in their Districts on the Plateau and likely Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy will win The always tough District 5. The real battle in 5 is not have to drive to the top of the plateau and play the winner there. The drive back is always bad if you lose driving down that trail of tears. District 7 and 8 will be hotly contested as District 7 will continue the matches between Siegel and Riverdale and this year in District 8, Columbia, undefeated in District will likely take on Lincoln County to see who wins there only losing twice to Columbia. My pick is Columbia over the school from Fayetville to win that District. In a tossup, my pick is another close match between Siegel and Riverdale with Siegel winning the Matchup but in an unusual turn of events, Both schools in 7 will win their substate match up and Region 4 will have two entrants in State this year. This is the hardest and closest pick of this years contest.

District 9 and 10 and District 11 and 12 will choose the entrants in State from regions 5 and 6. Wilson county wond the regular season D9 and likely should win the tournament but the runner up is a tossup, tossup, tossup between Portland, Lebanon and the rest of the District. District 10 likely is Dickson and maybe Rossview. All of this is years past is just to get Finals in Region 5 and have to play who ever comes out of that District and likely lose and this years district 11 and 12 is the same way. Injuries will play a big part in this years District play as will having to go thru a large tournament just before District tournaments. Right now, it appears the regional in 6 will be Ravenwood and Brentwood but don't be surprised the alway dangerous Indy might take one of those slots. District 12 will have Antioch and Glencliff but two schools will out of 11 will go to State.

Region 7 and 8 which includes Districts 13-14 and 15 and 16 finishes up the last two slots in this years picks for the 2010 State TournamentAAA. Those two picks come out of Region 7 and 8. Its known as West Tennessee. Districts 13 and 14 usually are picked out of Jackson and North of I 40 and it looks this year that jackson north and Dyersburg might be the schools coming out of 13. We'll be watching the scores and if things change some one will say something and we will bing you up to date but my pick is those two schools.

Now we will finish with Region 8 which will likely have both entrants in the State from West Tennessee in AAA. A little noise has been heard this year about Munford and the Flyin Hawaiian Scarlett Gable. While a good player, she and her sister, and the human interest story would be great, After seing both Collierville and Houston, it would be hard to pic against them for the last two slots. Any of these picks might change after all the matches have to be played. So these are the picks this year and I noticed that Ct was gracious enough to cut on the disagree button in anticipation of the great agreement and disagreement that is going to swell from within the State. And i haven't even gotton to AA and A and D2. maybe someone else will start those picks and I will counter.

I will say that the Boro is anticipating your arrival to the 2010 State Tournament. there are some terrific Schools, some terrific coaches and some terrific players to watch. And some terrific VB officials.Really haven't heard much about who is going to officiate this year. Yes those lift call flags are flying. Even pageman has a smile about the officials and scorekeepers. We'll make a few more predictions later Drive carefully to the tournaments and especially to the State.

Announcements

• Recent Posts