BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

Like I said, there wasnt a Oakland regular that predicted that, some hack that has made all of but a handful of posts. Wasnt suprised in the least. Had you told me we would hold Mathers to 125, but I would have thought Oakland would have won, but Strickland made players when he had to, and I tip my cap to him for that.

Strickland an the whole team!!! :thumb:

While I like Marty, I feel just as strongly about the current coaching staff. I vowed after the 2008 season that I would defend them from all comers. I get a unique perspective that not many teams get. I think, scratch that, I know we have great kids at Oakland, and win the right way. People see who these guys coached under and instantly assume that its going to be more of the same. If the haters got a chance to actually objectively look at the program as a whole, they would see a program that works as hard as any and has a head coach thats hold himself just as accountable as any man on that team, I cant tell you how many times he's put the blame solely on his shoulders whether it was deserved or not. So those of you who despise Oakland and its program, keep on hating, and Ill keep on defending........

We both know that had one of Marty's players had taunted the sidelines, they would have been pulled on the spot.....no matter how tight the game was. You know this and I know this.

I think Coach White is as good of a coach and a man as they come. We have traditionally had superb defensive coaches at Oakland and he is no exception to that rule. I remember when he played for Riverdale and that kid could lay the wood.

We both know that had one of Marty's players had taunted the sidelines, they would have been pulled on the spot.....no matter how tight the game was. You know this and I know this.

I think Coach White is as good of a coach and a man as they come. We have traditionally had superb defensive coaches at Oakland and he is no exception to that rule. I remember when he played for Riverdale and that kid could lay the wood.

I played under Marty and this happened several times during my career. It happens because football is an emotional game while Im not saying its acceptable it does happen at times.

Like I said, there wasnt a Oakland regular that predicted that, some hack that has made all of but a handful of posts. Wasnt suprised in the least. Had you told me we would hold Mathers to 125, but I would have thought Oakland would have won, but Strickland made players when he had to, and I tip my cap to him for that.

Both QBs played well but not without notable errors. Sure Adams was the passer of the INT that ended Oaklands chances, But he had driven Oakland down the field and if the Oakland player had made the catch the outcome of the game may have been very different. Adams also had the best run for a touchdown by a QB I've seen all season. Strickland on the other hand started the game with a dropped snap that he reached down and picked up with his knee on the ground and no one around him. He also fumbled the ball while being sacked twice and had the good fortune of the ball bouncing right into his teammates hands. And lastly he threw the ball straight into an Oakland players hands that looked like an INT until another Oakland player came across and knocked the ball out for an incomplete pass. He followed that up by leading his team down the field in what turned out to be the game winning drive.

As I've said before, QBs get too much credit and too much blame... This was not a great game played by either team, But a very close, exciting and fun game to watch. As well as a really big win for Blackman.

Go Blaze! :thumb:

Both QBs played well but not without notable errors. Sure Adams was the passer of the INT that ended Oaklands chances, But he had driven Oakland down the field and if the Oakland player had made the catch the outcome of the game may have been very different. Adams also had the best run for a touchdown by a QB I've seen all season. Strickland on the other hand started the game with a dropped snap that he reached down and picked up with his knee on the ground and no one around him. He also fumbled the ball while being sacked twice and had the good fortune of the ball bouncing right into his teammates hands. And lastly he threw the ball straight into an Oakland players hands that looked like an INT until another Oakland player came across and knocked the ball out for an incomplete pass. He followed that up by leading his team down the field in what turned out to be the game winning drive.

As I've said before, QBs get too much credit and too much blame... This was not a great game played by either team, But a very close, exciting and fun game to watch. As well as a really big win for Blackman.

Go Blaze! :thumb:

Christian Adams, real deal. Er guy I thought was a boy taking a huge step toward manhood. I think for the first time since his eight grade season he showed signs of becoming the leader of his football team. GREAT JOB TYLER STRICKLAND! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

:thumb: I agree Great job Strickland :thumb:

Absolutely. Give the young man credit were it is due. He stepped up big and came through when his team needed him to perform. This was a huge game and he could have crumbled. Nobody would have thought different. But he didn't he stepped up big time. I heard that he was named player of the game. Any truth to that? He should have been. He definetly was the most imporved and valuable player Friday night. Congrats to the Blaze!!!

Like Mr. Donkey said, it a great game played by kids, sometimes kids get a little wound up, no excuse, but it happens. I still stand by this coaching staff on the field and off it. These guys go the extra mile for these players, some of whom doesnt have much of a family outside of football. Alot of you guys are basing the assumptions and accusations of the program after one game.

These kids play with a fire and enthusiasm that is fun to watch. Sometimes it carries over too far, but the emotional highs are part of football.

Like allabouttheO stated, I have the utmost confidence that if any incidents did occur (Didnt notice it, doesnt mean it didnt happen), it will be addressed.

I love 2p, but he's just looking for a bone to pick at. He's more of a BGA man now than Oakland........

WOW...looks like we have a little tiff with 2 OHS CoachT posters!

The patriarch (2P) vs The vice-patriarch!

HONESTLY OP, i think you are justifying the players actions to our coaches!

one thing to talk some trash to they other players...

quite another to dis-respect the other coaches...

it's not the end of the world...but it does say something...

i'll let everyone else on here figure out what that is...

but at the end of the day, it adds gas to the fire of the perception of OHS football and perception is reality...and what is sad is there is so much good going on at oakland that this just takes away from that!

but at the end of the day, it adds gas to the fire of the perception of OHS football and perception is reality...and what is sad is there is so much good going on at oakland that this just takes away from that!

You things are way diffrent then just a few years ago....

Oakland has these issues they used to not have..

and Smyrna has been told by Ensworth that we have class...

I think every school is going to have their issues with moments suck as the one being discussed...what maters is whether or not its taken care of.

Being on the chain gang, there are a lot of things that happen that most in the stands do not see. Some are close to comical. As an example, during one part of the Blackman/Oakland game, some players looked like they might get into a little tiff. An Oakland coach was seen coming onto the field to separate the Oakland player. At that time the Blackman head coach came about 20 yards onto the field and was yelling, "They have a coach on the field" while he was also well onto the field. As for at least one Oakland player mouthing things to the Blackman coaching staff, it happened. A Blackman coach was claiming penalties were being missed by the referees and targeting a specific player. The Oakland player responded to the Blackman coaches. Let's be honest, Coach S was not going to get a call after the fact (if it was missed, it was missed). He was working the referees to get a call in the future (I am sure only the small minority of coaches have not done this). While calling on the referee about a foul by an Oakland player, the player responded with an arm motion in essence to be quiet. Was that disrespectful, probably. Is it really right for a coach to target a specific player for a foul within yards of that player, probably not. But, in the heat of the moment, people need to have a thicker skin. Instead of focusing on the side aspects of the game, consider this was a very good game between two good teams that went to the wire. Blackman won. The game is over. There might be a rematch.

How was the Oakland dog????? Make sure everyone knows you got your free dog and drink when you gave a fair assessment of the Blackman team (I did not ask strategy questions as I would expect everyone but a preacher to lie about that. :roflol: )

Being on the chain gang, there are a lot of things that happen that most in the stands do not see. Some are close to comical. As an example, during one part of the Blackman/Oakland game, some players looked like they might get into a little tiff. An Oakland coach was seen coming onto the field to separate the Oakland player. At that time the Blackman head coach came about 20 yards onto the field and was yelling, "They have a coach on the field" while he was also well onto the field. As for at least one Oakland player mouthing things to the Blackman coaching staff, it happened. A Blackman coach was claiming penalties were being missed by the referees and targeting a specific player. The Oakland player responded to the Blackman coaches. Let's be honest, Coach S was not going to get a call after the fact (if it was missed, it was missed). He was working the referees to get a call in the future (I am sure only the small minority of coaches have not done this). While calling on the referee about a foul by an Oakland player, the player responded with an arm motion in essence to be quiet. Was that disrespectful, probably. Is it really right for a coach to target a specific player for a foul within yards of that player, probably not. But, in the heat of the moment, people need to have a thicker skin. Instead of focusing on the side aspects of the game, consider this was a very good game between two good teams that went to the wire. Blackman won. The game is over. There might be a rematch.

How was the Oakland dog????? Make sure everyone knows you got your free dog and drink when you gave a fair assessment of the Blackman team (I did not ask strategy questions as I would expect everyone but a preacher to lie about that. :roflol: )

u r right...all that is over...rematch??? i hope not! :flower:

and MR. HORNSBY BOUGHT ME THE BEST HOTDOG IN THE WORLD WITH A FREE DIET DR. PEPPER...FOOD MAKES ME FEEL LOVED!

arrrrgggg! i did lie about the wildcat...but i confessed after the game... :thumb:

That is exactly what I was trying to say.....that the actions/antics of the team are a direct reflection of the coaching staff, especially the head coach. This is not the first time something of this nature has been brought up on this forum. It needs to be addressed and corrected. We have excellent athletes, excellent coaches, and an outstanding student body with a core group of hard-working parents. Let's be good role models to the younger players and kids in the stands, and make others want us to win. I love everything about this school and have since 1988.

And to think that someone mentioned this earlier this year in another thread and was roundly hammered because of these same actions. I guess comming from another mouth makes more sense. :roflolk: