BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

How was the crowd last night? Blackman usually has alot of people at their games, home or away.I figure it is because BHS actually represents a community. That's not a dig at the other 3 schools, and they have great fans as well, that's just the way it seems to me.

How was the crowd last night? Blackman usually has alot of people at their games, home or away.I figure it is because BHS actually represents a community. That's not a dig at the other 3 schools, and they have great fans as well, that's just the way it seems to me.

With 3 schools within a block of each other and kids that grow up watching the Blaze, that is what happens. Good community support. I am hoping having OMS and John Pittard at our backdoor will help kids grow up being Patriots.

Rocky, I value your insights as you have been around a long time on the T. You have stuck behind BHS in the lean times and are a true fan. You and I have a lot of the same thoughts on how players should act win or lose. It saddens, angers, and EMBARRASSES me to hear that our players were doing inappropriate hand gestures towards the coaching staff at BHS at ANY time. There is no acceptable reason for this. I am especially angry because one person on that sidelines used to be in red, white, in blue once upon a time, Jeff Mitchell. Coach Mitchell was at OHS a long time coaching baseball and football. He is a good man, and good coach... and he is married to Megan , who was probably one of the best trainers that Oakland football ever had. I apologize to BHS coaches/fans/players for this disgusting behavior. It was unaccpetable and it should be addressed and punished immediately. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it won't be. I don't like some of the things/attitudes that our players are taught these days. All the things I hated about the Riverdale regime are coming to pass at OHS and I won't sit back and act like it is okay just because we are ranked and have a gold ball under the current management. I hate the impression we leave at other schools. I have friends all over the state at different schools and OHS is pretty much hated because of the way we act. Win with class and lose with class. PERIOD. That goes for players, fans, parents, and for sure the coaches.

First let me congratulate Blackman for their tremendous effort in the win. Quarterback Strickland made some outstanding plays in the clutch. Now let me address Mr. 2P, sir you are showing your jelousy when you accuse anyone from Oakland teaching poor sportmanship. If this did occur, I can assure it should and will be addressed. For you to accuse the Oakland staff of sanctioning such behavior is a travesty. You appear to have an axe to grind with McDaniel due to the fact a needed coaching change was made at Oakland. Let me say that it was a change that was much needed. Times have changed, and coaches change. This is not the same Oakland that existed years ago. If you are so concerned about the direction of the Oakland football progam, how about being man enough to speak with McDaniel in person. You continually throw in the Riverdale card when you get to a chance. Are you still angry over all the times Rankin beat Oakland? Let's be honest, if you look at the win/loss records between the two schools it is overwhelmingly in Riverdale's favor. I am going to be the first one to tell you that most of the time on here you do make a point, but this time I am calling you out for what I see is uncalled criticism. If you no longer support Oakland football that is fine, but don't paint an unfair picture with a wide stroke. Once again I would like to congratulate coach Shadowens and the Blackman Blaze players for an outstanding performance. Good luck for the remainder of the year.

First let me congratulate Blackman for their tremendous effort in the win. Quarterback Strickland made some outstanding plays in the clutch. Now let me address Mr. 2P, sir you are showing your jelousy when you accuse anyone from Oakland teaching poor sportmanship. If this did occur, I can assure it should and will be addressed. For you to accuse the Oakland staff of sanctioning such behavior is a travesty. You appear to have an axe to grind with McDaniel due to the fact a needed coaching change was made at Oakland. Let me say that it was a change that was much needed. Times have changed, and coaches change. This is not the same Oakland that existed years ago. If you are so concerned about the direction of the Oakland football progam, how about being man enough to speak with McDaniel in person. You continually throw in the Riverdale card when you get to a chance. Are you still angry over all the times Rankin beat Oakland? Let's be honest, if you look at the win/loss records between the two schools it is overwhelmingly in Riverdale's favor. I am going to be the first one to tell you that most of the time on here you do make a point, but this time I am calling you out for what I see is uncalled criticism. If you no longer support Oakland football that is fine, but don't paint an unfair picture with a wide stroke. Once again I would like to congratulate coach Shadowens and the Blackman Blaze players for an outstanding performance. Good luck for the remainder of the year.

+1

I agree that a coaching change was necessary at Oakland. I have said it before on here. We needed someone to come in and right the ship on offense for sure. You are right times change and kids are different these days and need a different type of motivation. However, I have a right to speak my mind on here just like you do . Over the years, I have poured a lot of time and money into that program at Oakland. But there is still no reason to have players pointing at their butts, wiping tears from their eyes, making choke motions, etc at the Blackman coaches and their sidelines. If you think that is okay then more power to you. I just don't think it is and I hate to think what this world is coming to if the majority agree with you.

Edited by 2priceless

There is no IF! IT HAPPENED!

If you need proof, call the Blackman Coaches! I saw it from the 3rd row of the stands and so i know they saw it!

And so since it happened, go correct it! You seem to be SO confident that it will be addressed (your words, not mine) and this makes it seem like you are an insider???

Oakland has a "bad" (bad-bad, not a good-bad) boy reputation already and this only confirms the no class rep! i think what 2P is trying to say is that players actions are a reflection of their coaches and ultimately the buck stops with the head coach! Let us know when and how it is addressed and i'll be the first to come on here and PRAISE COACH MAC! Oakland has so many positives in their football program, they win, great numbers, tradition, fan support, facilities and yes a good coaching staff,BUT it's how your players win with their THUG actions that makes it so sweet when a team like Blackman beats you!

If you need proof, call the Blackman Coaches! I saw it from the 3rd row of the stands and so i know they saw it!

And so since it happened, go correct it! You seem to be SO confident that it will be addressed (your words, not mine) and this makes it seem like you are an insider???

Oakland has a "bad" (bad-bad, not a good-bad) boy reputation already and this only confirms the no class rep! i think what 2P is trying to say is that players actions are a reflection of their coaches and ultimately the buck stops with the head coach! Let us know when and how it is addressed and i'll be the first to come on here and PRAISE COACH MAC! Oakland has so many positives in their football program, they win, great numbers, tradition, fan support, facilities and yes a good coaching staff,BUT it's how your players win with their THUG actions that makes it so sweet when a team like Blackman beats you!

I saw it as well. Play had been stopped because of a flag. While Blackman's staff was waiting on the ref.s to brief them, one of the defensive backs from Oakland was guilty. It was near the end of the game when It looked as if Oakland had The "W" in hand. My son said at this time in the game the Oakland players were really talking TRASH. I asked him what did the Blackman players do and he said went about 80 yards and "scored".

These are just high school kids and both sides were playing thier hearts out. Sometime or another it gets the best of us. Live, Learn and play hard next Friday.

Edited by MrDonkey

That is exactly what I was trying to say.....that the actions/antics of the team are a direct reflection of the coaching staff, especially the head coach. This is not the first time something of this nature has been brought up on this forum. It needs to be addressed and corrected. We have excellent athletes, excellent coaches, and an outstanding student body with a core group of hard-working parents. Let's be good role models to the younger players and kids in the stands, and make others want us to win. I love everything about this school and have since 1988.

Edited by 2priceless