BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

Game time!!!! Blackman will come out ready to play from start to the end Oakland fans all iam reading on here is that #4 want be able to do nothing against yall D sounds like yall are a little bit shakey cause thats all yall are talking about is the Train the kid is a player he will do what he has to do tonite will be a differnt game the team has been working hard they will play team ball tonite all around LETS GO BLAZE :thumb:

The key to this game in my opinion is how Blackman does against Oaklands offense. Can we hold them to 2 td's? If so Blackman has a chance. I don't see Blackman scoring a lot of points on Oakland. Oakland has too good of a defense. Also, can Blackman's defensive backs contain Oaklands passing game. If so it allows us to concentrate on stopping the run. If not, it will be a long night. As far as when Blackman has the ball, Mathers needs to understand a 4 yard run is a good run tonight and not always try to break the long run and like everybody says we have to do enough in the passing game so that Oakland can't completely sell out to stop the run. Go Blaze!!!

The key to this game in my opinion is how Blackman does against Oaklands offense. Can we hold them to 2 td's? If so Blackman has a chance. I don't see Blackman scoring a lot of points on Oakland. Oakland has too good of a defense. Also, can Blackman's defensive backs contain Oaklands passing game. If so it allows us to concentrate on stopping the run. If not, it will be a long night. As far as when Blackman has the ball, Mathers needs to understand a 4 yard run is a good run tonight and not always try to break the long run and like everybody says we have to do enough in the passing game so that Oakland can't completely sell out to stop the run. Go Blaze!!!

You know I kind of feel like we are twins from different mothers. (For you LOD)

Glad to read that your glass is getting a little more full than empty. However, I think that the key to Blackman's Victory will be Ball control. I really believe that Blackman's Defense can do a good job containing Oakland's Offense as long as they are not asked to do it all night. If Blackman can run some clock and avoid the turn overs and three and done the Blaze have a road to victory. As I have listed before on this thread a low scoring game. Blaze 14 & Oakland 13. Watch for the "Burro" to have a good night with a couple of big plays.

Edited by MrDonkey

Game time!!!! Blackman will come out ready to play from start to the end Oakland fans all iam reading on here is that #4 want be able to do nothing against yall D sounds like yall are a little bit shakey cause thats all yall are talking about is the Train the kid is a player he will do what he has to do tonite will be a differnt game the team has been working hard they will play team ball tonite all around LETS GO BLAZE :thumb:

I dont think anyone is saying Mathers will get shut down. But is production is going to be limited if he cant get some help from the rest of the offense. Mathers is a great back, but he isnt superman, he cant do it all by himself against a defense like Oakland, the Smyrna game proved that. Oakland is a perfect model of this: Last year it was just a steady dose of Tee the whole year, while it was good enough to have a great season, we couldnt get over that hump when we needed to. Now if Strickland, Joyce, lil Mathers step up tonight this could very well swing to the Blaze's favor at the end of the night.

It's worth noting that in every game this season, Oakland has scored at least 20 points, in the first half, so starting fast is crucial to a Oakland victory tonight. On offense, I look for Oakland to spread Blackman out, try to minimize Blackman's strength on defense, that dominant lineback corps. Oakland needs another big game from Buddy Mitchell and Dustin Henry in the special teams department.

Oakland 21 Blackman 14

I dont think anyone is saying Mathers will get shut down. But is production is going to be limited if he cant get some help from the rest of the offense. Mathers is a great back, but he isnt superman, he cant do it all by himself against a defense like Oakland, the Smyrna game proved that. Oakland is a perfect model of this: Last year it was just a steady dose of Tee the whole year, while it was good enough to have a great season, we couldnt get over that hump when we needed to. Now if Strickland, Joyce, lil Mathers step up tonight this could very well swing to the Blaze's favor at the end of the night.

It's worth noting that in every game this season, Oakland has scored at least 20 points, in the first half, so starting fast is crucial to a Oakland victory tonight. On offense, I look for Oakland to spread Blackman out, try to minimize Blackman's strength on defense, that dominant lineback corps. Oakland needs another big game from Buddy Mitchell and Dustin Henry in the special teams department.

Oakland 21 Blackman 14

Solid take. For Blackman to win tonight it will require us to play our best game under Shad. Offense wise I think the Train will have to earn his. We (Blackman) know what other areas have to step-up and play nearly a perfect game to move the ball, shorten the game and be successful. Defense wise I think we will be strong for the most part but other that Smyrna we have yet to face a team with recievers that can stretch it and catch it. It's gonna take all we have and the good news is tonight we get our second chance to see just how good we are and how far we have come.

Click-Clack, we are getting closer! :popcorneater:

I agree with you...pretty good breakdown on the keys to victory