BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

first of all holy crap what a good game..i was listening to it on the radio and i work with a bunch of blackman kids so they were all estatic at the win. but honestly i thought it was a bust when oakland went up 14 to 0...but then again its our district and that means nothing. Great job Blackman on the win! Oakland. great game and can't wait to see yoou guys week 10! this is gonna be interesting come playoffs...wish we could play 2 teams from our county in state

First of all, must say it is nice to be missed on here. I feel pretty far removed from the action these days from living so far away and it is frustrating, but I will still be coming in to watch my boys every chance I get. I had every intention of coming to this one, but as some of you know one of my old teammates has been in the hospital and I have been by his side for over a week. Hate I have missed the taunting, the teasing, and the smack talk on here this week.

I will admit that I had a sick feeling in my gut that Blackman would take this one. It is the ultimate slap in the face to lose at your house especially on senior night. I had a feeling that either mac would say something aggressive or arrogant in the press to get Shad's wheels turning. We all know he likes to use that Rodney Dangerfield approach to motivate. He seems to be a master at it too. I say don't give him any fodder, but it seems like dang it Mac did. We all know a fired-up group of kids with adrenaline pumping can make anything happen.

So I say congrats to Blackman. It sounds like from talking to folk that were there and reading on here that Oakland did their usual fast start, but BHS made some nice adjustments at the half ( Good job, Coach Mitchell - love my OHS coaching alums) and got right back into it. This was good prep for the playoffs. What a bumpy ride we have in this 7AAA! Sounds like the Mathers kid was contained, but he still got in a big play. I hear from folk that I trust that he is pretty special and I would have liked to have seen him in action. Sounds like Christian got tossed to the ground a lot in the end and that kid just doesn't give up ever. He is special. Don't hang your head, boy. I am sure that Patton and Thompson were in beast mode the second half too. Dang, sounds like I missed a barnburner in the 2nd half.

Oakland, just remember that this was not the playoffs. This win doesn't send you home. Lick your wounds today and come back out with a vengeance for the rest of the ride. I have confidence in you . This is not the end of the season and I still think we have gold in our future.

Edited by 2priceless

Oh how i enjoyed the win by Blackman last night on Oakland's field and on Oakland's senior night! Yes, there were two good teams and I would say that Oakland is more athletic than Blackman, but seemed to have an entitlement mentality and they could not believe that we could take some blows (in Coach Tommy McDaniel's fight language) and still put the fist up and say, LET'S GO! I sensed when we went into the half at 14-9 the MO was in our favor and then in the 2nd half Blackman's Defense and their punter kept the battle for field position way in our favor! It is very difficult for a high school team to go down the field 80 plus yards, the percentage goes way down if you have to do that, which means field position is important!

The Blackman Linebackers # 10 Armstrong, # 21 Raby, # 11 Thompson, and # 44 Patton all came to play last night. These 4 guys are where my eyes go when we are playing defense and they were in highlight mode. Sacks, pressure on Adams, hits that rocked Mitchell and Mayberry, tipped passes, interceptions.

I will add to that the defensive line really played well against a very good offensive line of Oakland. I especially noticed # 55 and # 42 and # 34!

And good job by Strickland at the end, that was a great last drive!

People will probably get mad when i say this, and if you do, that's okay, i'm not going to come on here and defend myself or argue with you and it really is not personal, but the Oakland players were very dis-respectful to the Blackman coaching staff. As i sat in the stands, i watched as time after time an Oakland player (several players) would do a dis-respecful gesture to the staff only yards away from our coaches. It seemed to get worse as the seconds ticked off the clock in the 4th quarter. This Miami Hurricane thug mentality should not be tolerated by there coaches but i'm not sure they really care. I also had one player tell me that the Oakland players ran their mouth the whole game especially at the end when Blackman had 90 yards to go with hardly no time left on the clock. Glad Blackman scored!

First of all, must say it is nice to be missed on here. I feel pretty far removed from the action these days from living so far away and it is frustrating, but I will still be coming in to watch my boys every chance I get. I had every intention of coming to this one, but as some of you know one of my old teammates has been in the hospital and I have been by his side for over a week. Hate I have missed the taunting, the teasing, and the smack talk on here this week.

I will admit that I had a sick feeling in my gut that Blackman would take this one. It is the ultimate slap in the face to lose at your house especially on senior night. I had a feeling that either mac would say something aggressive or arrogant in the press to get Shad's wheels turning. We all know he likes to use that Rodney Dangerfield approach to motivate. He seems to be a master at it too. I say don't give him any fodder, but it seems like dang it Mac did. We all know a fired-up group of kids with adrenaline pumping can make anything happen.

So I say congrats to Blackman. It sounds like from talking to folk that were there and reading on here that Oakland did their usual fast start, but BHS made some nice adjustments at the half ( Good job, Coach Mitchell - love my OHS coaching alums) and got right back into it. This was good prep for the playoffs. What a bumpy ride we have in this 7AAA! Sounds like the Mathers kid was contained, but he still got in a big play. I hear from folk that I trust that he is pretty special and I would have liked to have seen him in action. Sounds like Christian got tossed to the ground a lot in the end and that kid just doesn't give up ever. He is special. Don't hang your head, boy. I am sure that Patton and Thompson were in beast mode the second half too. Dang, sounds like I missed a barnburner in the 2nd half.

Oakland, just remember that this was not the playoffs. This win doesn't send you home. Lick your wounds today and come back out with a vengeance for the rest of the ride. I have confidence in you . This is not the end of the season and I still think we have gold in our future.

we do miss ya...ur the patriarch of oakland football... :thumb:

stay connected on here because as you know there is alot of football left...

your a class act 2P as your post above demonstrates...

last night were 2 of the 5 or 6 teams in the state that could make it to the finals...

Ya know i just threw it out there to see if i could get a reaction, but when you had SHOCK ME and NEVER EVER in caps I thought you were lying. I guess i watch too much criminal minds lol but i just new you were lying. Good job and sounds like your QB stepped up. See ya in quad 3.

haha!

like i've said before...you got alot of "cents"... :rolleyes:

i felt guilty even as i typed the words... :(

Edited by pattonboysdad

I bet your son is real proud of you dad. And by the way how many TD's yall score against Oakland last year. Dont Know?

Let me help you out 0 Zero Notta Nothing None Zip Zilch Nil you get the picture. Last year Blackman was a more seasoned team this year not as good as last. Dont be mad at me for being honest. You ought to try it for yourself the next 3 weeks. Oakland 28 Blackman 0

dear mr. itshighschoolfootball,

just wanted to let you know that i have your "crow" ready! I marinated it all day on friday and just pulled it out of the smoker after 8 hours at 200 degrees...it's tender and as tasty as crow can get and if you don't know...it's goes down alot easier when it is still warm!

sincerely,

PBD :flower:

Thats what good backs do they tote the mail 20 something times a game yall said that he would not reach a 100 he had 124 on 22 carries an yes our QB a did great job so no yall D really didnt contain I-TRAIN yall road the TRAIN all night cause from what i seen it was hard to bring him down it was a good game Great job to both teams best game i have seen in a while :thumb:

I challenge you to find any Oakland "regular" that said Mathers wouldnt get 100 yards. Play the disrespect card if you want, but the fact is the Oakland defense played well enough to win the game.

Rocky, I value your insights as you have been around a long time on the T. You have stuck behind BHS in the lean times and are a true fan. You and I have a lot of the same thoughts on how players should act win or lose. It saddens, angers, and EMBARRASSES me to hear that our players were doing inappropriate hand gestures towards the coaching staff at BHS at ANY time. There is no acceptable reason for this. I am especially angry because one person on that sidelines used to be in red, white, in blue once upon a time, Jeff Mitchell. Coach Mitchell was at OHS a long time coaching baseball and football. He is a good man, and good coach... and he is married to Megan , who was probably one of the best trainers that Oakland football ever had. I apologize to BHS coaches/fans/players for this disgusting behavior. It was unaccpetable and it should be addressed and punished immediately. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it won't be. I don't like some of the things/attitudes that our players are taught these days. All the things I hated about the Riverdale regime are coming to pass at OHS and I won't sit back and act like it is okay just because we are ranked and have a gold ball under the current management. I hate the impression we leave at other schools. I have friends all over the state at different schools and OHS is pretty much hated because of the way we act. Win with class and lose with class. PERIOD. That goes for players, fans, parents, and for sure the coaches.