BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND

pattonboysdad

Oakland players seem to think they can just show up and win.I can remember saying to several Oakland fans on here this summer, you need to get more creative on offense this year, and hire a offense coordinator.Well you didn't, and I am afraid when other teams get film of this Blackman game,Oakland will not go far in the playoffs like I thought they would.Sorry, but it is the way I see it.

In my opinion, Oakland still has a great chance of going all the way. There a darn good team. Acting like there not is a discredit to Blackman. Oaklands defense is about as good as it gets. There offense isn't bad either. Don't forget Blackman has a very good defense. I think there were 2 very good teams playing and just because 1 team barely beat the other doesn't mean they are not both capable of winning it all.

Oakland players seem to think they can just show up and win.I can remember saying to several Oakland fans on here this summer, you need to get more creative on offense this year, and hire a offense coordinator.Well you didn't, and I am afraid when other teams get film of this Blackman game,Oakland will not go far in the playoffs like I thought they would.Sorry, but it is the way I see it.

Creative? Weve probably thrown the ball more than I can ever remember in recent history. If you wanna hate, then hate, but dont try to justify it bc Oakland came on the short end once. Thomas has made big strides as a playcaller since his first season, if the man doesnt want to hire an OC, I think he's earned the right to not do so.

In my opinion, Oakland still has a great chance of going all the way. There a darn good team. Acting like there not is a discredit to Blackman. Oaklands defense is about as good as it gets. There offense isn't bad either. Don't forget Blackman has a very good defense. I think there were 2 very good teams playing and just because 1 team barely beat the other doesn't mean they are not both capable of winning it all.

Once again, I agree with you!!! 7AAA football---"Any Given Friday"--

I hate to say it but I saw this one coming a couple of weeks ago. <_<

While I think Oakland can go all the way, they have been reading and hearing too much about how great they are and took this game for granted.

This loss may have been the best thing for Oakland for the playoff stretch.

Also when does Oakland get their BIG lineman back?

There is no IF! IT HAPPENED!

If you need proof, call the Blackman Coaches! I saw it from the 3rd row of the stands and so i know they saw it!

And so since it happened, go correct it! You seem to be SO confident that it will be addressed (your words, not mine) and this makes it seem like you are an insider???

Oakland has a "bad" (bad-bad, not a good-bad) boy reputation already and this only confirms the no class rep! i think what 2P is trying to say is that players actions are a reflection of their coaches and ultimately the buck stops with the head coach! Let us know when and how it is addressed and i'll be the first to come on here and PRAISE COACH MAC! Oakland has so many positives in their football program, they win, great numbers, tradition, fan support, facilities and yes a good coaching staff,BUT it's how your players win with their THUG actions that makes it so sweet when a team like Blackman beats you!

Like Mr. Donkey said, it a great game played by kids, sometimes kids get a little wound up, no excuse, but it happens. I still stand by this coaching staff on the field and off it. These guys go the extra mile for these players, some of whom doesnt have much of a family outside of football. Alot of you guys are basing the assumptions and accusations of the program after one game.

These kids play with a fire and enthusiasm that is fun to watch. Sometimes it carries over too far, but the emotional highs are part of football.

Like allabouttheO stated, I have the utmost confidence that if any incidents did occur (Didnt notice it, doesnt mean it didnt happen), it will be addressed.

I love 2p, but he's just looking for a bone to pick at. He's more of a BGA man now than Oakland........

I hate to say it but I saw this one coming a couple of weeks ago. <_<

While I think Oakland can go all the way, they have been reading and hearing too much about how great they are and took this game for granted.

This loss may have been the best thing for Oakland for the playoff stretch.

Also when does Oakland get their BIG lineman back?

Don't think he will be back this season.

I challenge you to find any Oakland "regular" that said Mathers wouldnt get 100 yards. Play the disrespect card if you want, but the fact is the Oakland defense played well enough to win the game.

Go a couple of pages back an you will see it says he will have 25 carries for 20yards just going on what i read an i talked to a couple of Oakland parents that i know from work an they said he was not going to get a 100yards I didnt disrespect they defense so what are you talking about :mellow:

OP, I wish you had played under Marty and Donnie. You would see why I feel the way that I do. They are winning at BGA and doing it with honor just like they did at OHS even though times have changed and kids have changed. It still can be done.

While I like Marty, I feel just as strongly about the current coaching staff. I vowed after the 2008 season that I would defend them from all comers. I get a unique perspective that not many teams get. I think, scratch that, I know we have great kids at Oakland, and win the right way. People see who these guys coached under and instantly assume that its going to be more of the same. If the haters got a chance to actually objectively look at the program as a whole, they would see a program that works as hard as any and has a head coach thats hold himself just as accountable as any man on that team, I cant tell you how many times he's put the blame solely on his shoulders whether it was deserved or not. So those of you who despise Oakland and its program, keep on hating, and Ill keep on defending........

Go a couple of pages back an you will see it says he will have 25 carries for 20yards just going on what i read an i talked to a couple of Oakland parents that i know from work an they said he was not going to get a 100yards I didnt disrespect they defense so what are you talking about :mellow:

Like I said, there wasnt a Oakland regular that predicted that, some hack that has made all of but a handful of posts. Wasnt suprised in the least. Had you told me we would hold Mathers to 125, but I would have thought Oakland would have won, but Strickland made players when he had to, and I tip my cap to him for that.