6A Playoff Watch Thread

Solomon

What the heck is the 10-yard line ot procedure? And why are you singling out Memphis schools with DB and Science Hill?

The 10 yard OT procedure is that if all of the tie-breakers have been gone through and two teams are still tied then they will meet at a neutral location on the Monday night after week 10 to determine the final team. The reason I choose Memphis and DB/Science Hill is because of the absurdity of the current system and that you would have to have each team travel approximately 3 hours for something that could possibly be settled in 5 minutes. Nothing against any schools involved, just because of the distance factor and overall absurdity of the current playoff system.

That is why it is a MESSED up system! Not fair for a Brighton or Dickson to get a #1 seed in 6A when they are playing 5A or lower games!

Same as it is not fair to a 5A team that is in a mostly 6A district. Everyone knows that the seeding is important because of home/away and that first round game. A Dickson or a Brighton are getting rewarded while an 8-2 team in district 7 is getting it stuck to them. I know that the good teams will come out of it eventually but we are rewarding scheduling down instead of up.

Dickson can't help the district they're in. They only have two non-district games. One was against the county rival(big revenue) and the other was against the defending 5a runner-ups. Don't blame Dickson, blame the system. Dickson has never backed down from competition.

Edited by couga14

Because they want Smyrna vs. Maryville for the Finals. Why else?

That would be an awesome game...its been talked about since 06 when we won state.

But i think it has to do with leveling to power levels...though with Maryville being in quad 2 with oakland Blackman And Riverdale..i doubt they will make it to the finals

Dickson can't help the district they're in. They only have two non-district games. One was against the county rival(big revenue) and the other was against the defending 5a runner-ups. Don't blame Dickson, blame the system. Dickson has never backed down from competition.

I think he is point out the flaws in the system more than taking shots at teams. I would for Oakland to continue to play a tough and rugged non-district schedule, but with the system the way it is at this point, you have to wonder what benefits programs like Oakland have of going through such a schedule

I think he is point out the flaws in the system more than taking shots at teams. I would for Oakland to continue to play a tough and rugged non-district schedule, but with the system the way it is at this point, you have to wonder what benefits programs like Oakland have of going through such a schedule

I understand. Personally, I find the system unfair too. Especially to district 7.

Edited by couga14

Anybody know how the tiebreaker format is for district seeding? Specifically District 6 with Warren County, Coffee County, and White County all battling for 2nd place. If they all end up tied in the district with a 2-2 record and they have all beaten each other, who gets 2nd place? If Coffee or Warren County get it, then it will kick a 6A team out of the playoffs and effects quads 2 and 3 in some way. If White County gets it(5A team), then one of the more deserving wildcard teams will get in. To me, this is a very key district for teams on the bubble and also for quad 2 and 3. I personally would love to see 2 teams from district 7 in quad 2 and 2 in quad 3.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

Anybody know how the tiebreaker format is for district seeding? Specifically District 6 with Warren County, Coffee County, and White County all battling for 2nd place. If they all end up tied in the district with a 2-2 record and they have all beaten each other, who gets 2nd place? If Coffee or Warren County get it, then it will kick a 6A team out of the playoffs and effects quads 2 and 3 in some way. If White County gets it(5A team), then one of the more deserving wildcard teams will get in. To me, this is a very key district for teams on the bubble and also for quad 2 and 3. I personally would love to see 2 teams from district 7 in quad 2 and 2 in quad 3.

Should go to has the best overall record.

That would be an awesome game...its been talked about since 06 when we won state.

But i think it has to do with leveling to power levels...though with Maryville being in quad 2 with oakland Blackman And Riverdale..i doubt they will make it to the finals

Nope. It's gonna be DB and Smyrna, i hope. I remember in '07 at the championship game i sat with the Smyrna fans when they beat Independance for the title. I told one of your fans we would see you guys in 2010. Man i hope that happens. We've got the fastest most athletic team we have had for many years when we were going to the semi's on a regular basis. And we came up short to Red Bank(Gerald Riggs), Oakland and Riverdale, who all went on to win the state. So close but yet so far. Anyway, i would love to have another chance to get to see Jeramiah Bryson and Chris Sensabaugh go head to head running the ball for each of our teams. Wow, i can almost see it. Good luck to Smyrna and hope we get to battle for the Gold Ball. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!