TCA vs Riverside

crazy_cowboy89

Let me just say that Riverside got a good one in Maxwell(D Coordinator). Alot of the kids on TCA's team have a strong bond with him. Glad to see he and Riverside are doing well.

The O-Coordinator for TCA and the D-coordinator for Riverside have grown up together and are very good friends. You better believe they have been fired up all week in anticipation for this one!

Riverside is a powerful team and I expect if TCA struggled with the physicality of McKenzie, then they better buckle up those chin straps a little better this week.

Like Ritz said, TCA better score quick and let Riverside play catch up if they want to win this game.

(Hopefully) TCA by 7. But I do think Riverside is going to be hard to beat. Best wishes to both teams!!

If TCA is to win this game, they must control Brice White and Jerret Scott. Those two have combined for 76% of Riverside's rushing offense this season. Their combined rushing total is 64.6% of the total Riverside offense. White and Scott are the two best backs TCA will face all season.

Like I said in an earlier post, TCA needs to get out in front early in this game. If they could manage to go up a couple of scores, it would force Riverside into possibly doing some things offensively that they are not comfortable with.

First of all the language was uncalled for. Secondly this may have been one of the better games I have seen this year. Both teams are well coached and try to do two differed things on offense and played good solid defense. Tonights game was decided by the team who wanted it more. No one game ever can be decided on a called or uncalled penalty. TCA went as Jabriel went tonight and that was as good as having a shot to win the game at the end. Riverside grinded the game out on the ground led by Brice White who led the team in rushing and receiving tonight. To TCA I recommend you guys keeping your head up because you are a dangerous team and can make some noise come playoff time. Riverside has a district championship on their belt but would like to finish 9-1 if possible and hit the playoffs running.

First of all the language was uncalled for. Secondly this may have been one of the better games I have seen this year. Both teams are well coached and try to do two differed things on offense and played good solid defense. Tonights game was decided by the team who wanted it more. No one game ever can be decided on a called or uncalled penalty. TCA went as Jabriel went tonight and that was as good as having a shot to win the game at the end. Riverside grinded the game out on the ground led by Brice White who led the team in rushing and receiving tonight. To TCA I recommend you guys keeping your head up because you are a dangerous team and can make some noise come playoff time. Riverside has a district championship on their belt but would like to finish 9-1 if possible and hit the playoffs running.

I would agree with the comments of crazy cowboy. This was a well played game between two good teams. It was worthy of being a championship game. Riverside did what they do best and that is run the football. TCA made some adjustments in their defense to slow down a very potent 1-2 running punch with White and Scott. When you do that, you give up something and TCA gave up 3 passes in the second half that helped to give Riverside field position.

In reference to the pass interference call against TCA late in the game, the ball was tipped by a TCA defender BEFORE any contact was ever made. No flag should have been thrown. In my own opinion (and this is the last I will speak of it) that interference call was a "Mary Kay" makeup call for the penalty called against Riverside on the previous play that their fans were so torked about that negated a big play for the Panthers.

With my opinion of the pass interferance call being said, it was not the one call that decided the game. You can point to a couple of moments. The first half interception of Washington by Jace Taylor was perhaps the biggest play of the game. Taylor took it to the house and answered TCA's first score of the game. If that play does not happen, then the poor interference call in the 4th quarter does not matter.

TCA has nothing to be ashamed of. After a tough loss to McKenzie last week, TCA stood tall and gave Riverside all they wanted. Riverside is a good team that does not make mistakes.

Riverside won the game, secured an automatic playoff bid, and a district championship. Barring an absolute fluke, TCA will still make the playoffs via the second automatic bid from 15A and likely host a first round playoff game. The only thing that really changed with the loss is which Memphis team they will play in the opening round.

Edited by ReitzFan

I'm not saying the call was a good one, but after all the non calls on holding against TCA, I don't think they need to whine over the ONE penalty they got in the game. Had their line not been allowed to hold all night, the call would not have mattered!

Troll. The fact that none of the riverside fan base knows how to handle having a good teamt with sportsmanship is obvious. Maybe 10 or so years from now when you guys have another winning team you can handle the success better.

I'm not saying the call was a good one, but after all the non calls on holding against TCA, I don't think they need to whine over the ONE penalty they got in the game. Had their line not been allowed to hold all night, the call would not have mattered!

Well, at least you are able to admit that the pass interference call was not a good call.

According to the stats, Riverside was ONLY penalized 4 times during the game. That is a remarkably low number for Riverside when looking at stats from previous Panther box scores during the season. Perhaps you are just upset that Riverside had a few major penalites called against them including holding and unsportsman like conduct (#42). But I will agree with you about holding. I saw several instances where I thought Riverside should have been penalized but was not.

Never the less, Riverside played a fine game and I salute them for earning the 15A championship.

If Riverside and TCA are somehow placed in the same playoff quadrant, perhaps we will meet again.

Troll. The fact that none of the riverside fan base knows how to handle having a good teamt with sportsmanship is obvious. Maybe 10 or so years from now when you guys have another winning team you can handle the success better.

Let's not stoop down and get into a #### for tat insult constest tcaee. Let's be bigger than that.

Like I said last night, the only real thing that the loss to Riverside changes is which Memphis team we will draw as a first round playoff opponant.

Let's all hope that the knee injury suffered by Mark Lawrance is not as severe as it appeared to be last night. TCA can't afford to have kids of that calibar on the sideline injured.