OZ @ Sunbright

Nitro

Kazzy, Smash Mouth and crew good luck next week. After the TSSAA views the film from last nights fiasco, hopefully those officials will never be given the privilege to step on the field again. And if are, then you'd better be up by more than 10 with 1 min 30 seconds to go in the game. (Reference back to 4th&goal first post, and that really did happen) I've been around for quiet a few years, and seen alot of games, but I've never seen anything like that. Our kids played their hearts out, to come back from that far down and have it TAKEN from you by grown men that are paid to ensure fair play, that's pretty sick! And I'll guarantee you the people from OZ will be the INDIANS biggest fans next Friday. GO GET "EM INDIANS!!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there was some controversy on the onside kick. I heard OS had it then they changed the call and gave it to Sunbright. But congrats to Sunbright. The smallest public school in the state with a football team might be ranked this week. Say what you want about their schedule, but a school that small is an underdog before the season even starts.

No they didnt have it.The Bowlin kid had the ball!

Kazzy, Smash Mouth and crew good luck next week. After the TSSAA views the film from last nights fiasco, hopefully those officials will never be given the privilege to step on the field again. And if are, then you'd better be up by more than 10 with 1 min 30 seconds to go in the game. (Reference back to 4th&goal first post, and that really did happen) I've been around for quiet a few years, and seen alot of games, but I've never seen anything like that. Our kids played their hearts out, to come back from that far down and have it TAKEN from you by grown men that are paid to ensure fair play, that's pretty sick! And I'll guarantee you the people from OZ will be the INDIANS biggest fans next Friday. GO GET "EM INDIANS!!!!!!!

WERE U THERE?

Man, Sunbright would kill Hampton. You guys haven't beat anyone good...but that's because your district is horrible. I hope Sunbright meets you guys in the playoffs. They'll crush you. I been trying to figure out how A) Hampton is state ranked when they are barely squeaking out wins over Unaka and 2) Why an actual decent 2a team like Wartburg is below them. They'll figure it out soon enough.

Wow! What a statement! :roflol::roflol:

Wow! What a statement! :roflol::roflol:

Yeah I know lol, no joke. Im not takin anything away from sunbrite, but theyve not beat any1 with more than 2 wins, I think 4 of them only have 1 win. Idk but I know theyll have atleast 1 loss outta the next 2 maybe both.

Edited by BDF36

In reference to the so called "offside" on the snap. It's a legal play. The center had moved the ball and even fell forward like he had all night, most of the time moving forward before the snap all night for chop blocks. Yes, most other nights it would be a penalty, but that is just because it doesn't happen very often and many refs would be afraid to make the call for this very reason. If it benefits one team they love him, but the team that doesn't get the call they want hate him and call foul. I know the head referee and he is one of the most respectful refs around this area. He never favors one side over another, he is unbiased and truly loves the game and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his opportunity to do what he loves to do. The game is over, Sunbright won and wasn't "handed" anything. OS failed to stop them on the touchdown drive and then failed to recover a squib kick and tried to actually pick it up. Sure Sunbright was outplayed the whole second half and I'll be the first guy to admit that, they let up after half time thinking they had already won and OS never gave up and I commend them for that. Both teams showed massive heart and determination in this game. So lets chalk this up as one of the classic games in a while and move on. Focus on the game this coming Friday. Both teams have tough games with Oneida and Wartburg. So I say congratulations Oliver Springs for leaving it all on the field and never giving up, and good luck net week against Wartburg. You have my support.

failed to recover a squib kick and tried to actually pick it up
I was on the sidelines. I heard an official say "white ball". At which point OS players stopped the play, the scramble, Sunbright grabs the ball and another official gives it to Sunbright. The refs, may try to be impartial like you say, but in this case they blew the call. One official did not know what another official was doing.

I have several pictures of missed calls, such as facemask violations, fumbles where the player was already down (or not down), even one missed touchdown, that are not called or called incorrectly in a game, missed by officials. Missed calls have happened before, they will happen in the future. As long as the calls are not blatantly biased and continue to be just errors such calls will continue to be a part of the game,

Sunbright got smacked hard the second half. Lucky breaks was all that won them the game. They were unable to stop OS and OS was running the ball at will, a couple of runs for significant distance.

I don't fault the refs much. Stuff happens and they are not perfect. They make mistakes and in this case they did make a mistake. It happens. Witness the blown call in MLB that cost a pitcher a perfect game. Over the course of a few seasons it will even out. OS will get some calls their way they are mistakes. Officials cannot see it all. There are only 10 eyes watching 22 players. It is unfortunate that a game was decided on a mistake by an official. But it happends even in the pro league gamess, it happens in the HS games. If the officials were perfect they would not be doing HS football games.

It was an exciting game. The fans got their monies worth. And for that both teams deserve recognition. Regardless of who won my stock portfolio does not gain or lose value.

Edited by rayt435

WERE U THERE?

Yes I was there standing at the fence had a great view of the so called fumbled snap. There was no snap should have been an offside. Wasn't close to the kickoff, but heard the OS players saying the Ref. saying" White ball, White ball, White Ball, get up guys". Only to have another ref to give the ball to Sunbright, yea it's over and when it comes down to it you'all get the W. But if the roles were reversed I don't think you would agree with your own analysis. I would say good luck the rest of the season, but right not I'm still pretty ticked.

Its funny ole tigger, your big tiggers have only lost 1 game and still cant get in the state rankings. Must mean theyre kittens......

Cause they don't play anyone..probably do not even know what competition looks like...I wish Sunbright keeps on winning and OleTiger keeps yappin that way if they reached SP..SP could give them a huge whoopin for everyone on coachT.. :thumb:

I was on the sidelines. I heard an official say "white ball". At which point OS players stopped the play, the scramble, Sunbright grabs the ball and another official gives it to Sunbright. The refs, may try to be impartial like you say, but in this case they blew the call. One official did not know what another official was doing.

I have several pictures of missed calls, such as facemask violations, fumbles where the player was already down (or not down), even one missed touchdown, that are not called or called incorrectly in a game, missed by officials. Missed calls have happened before, they will happen in the future. As long as the calls are not blatantly biased and continue to be just errors such calls will continue to be a part of the game,

Sunbright got smacked hard the second half. Lucky breaks was all that won them the game. They were unable to stop OS and OS was running the ball at will, a couple of runs for significant distance.

I don't fault the refs much. Stuff happens and they are not perfect. They make mistakes and in this case they did make a mistake. It happens. Witness the blown call in MLB that cost a pitcher a perfect game. Over the course of a few seasons it will even out. OS will get some calls their way they are mistakes. Officials cannot see it all. There are only 10 eyes watching 22 players. It is unfortunate that a game was decided on a mistake by an official. But it happends even in the pro league gamess, it happens in the HS games. If the officials were perfect they would not be doing HS football games.

It was an exciting game. The fans got their monies worth. And for that both teams deserve recognition. Regardless of who won my stock portfolio does not gain or lose value.

Two words. Instant Replay.