Tullahoma at Shelbyville

binns37388

The Tullahoma Wildcats travel to Shelbyville Friday to play the Golden Eagles. The Cats are 6-1(3-0) in the district and Shelbyville is 4-3(1-2)in district play. Tullahoma, in the past, has struggled to win at Shelbyville, but the Cats can wrap up the district title with a victory and a loss would tighten up the race. Tullahoma figures to be in the playoffs, but the Cats need a win to host a first round playoff game. There's a lot at stake and a big crowd is expected in this annual rivalry. If you can't attend the game, listen to the live radio broadcast with Scott and Binns on 101.5, Fantasyradio.com or local Charter channel 6. Both teams had a bye last week and with the exception of Trey Burks of Tullahoma and Marquis Morton of Shelbyville, both teams should be healthy.

Edited by binns37388

Congratulations to Coach Hardy and the Shelbyville Golden Eagles on their victory over the Tullahoma Wildcats in Shelbyville. Shelbyville wins 39-29 and led all the way. Tullahoma drops to 6-2 and the Golden Eagles are now 5-3. It was Senior nite at Shelbyville and senior Tre Stewart, in my opinion, was the offensive MVP. The Cats must now go back to work and try to get another win streak going against Siegel in Murfreesboro next Friday nite and then close out the season at home with another chance to get 1st place in the district against the Lawrence Co Wildcats. Will Sharpton was injured early in the second half and early reports indicate he suffered a stinger and should be ok. I hope that is correct. The Cats hadn't played a team since the opening game with Blackman that had a lot of speed until tonite. Shelbyville kept the ball away from Jordan Sheffield on kick-offs and even though Sheffield caught a late TD pass, he wasn't involved much in the offense. The Cats had 3 big turnovers and didn't look really sharp. I don't think the 2 week vacation helped any either. The credit goes to Shelbyville. They were ready to play and kicked our tails tonite. The District 8AAA race will go down to the last week of the regular season with Tullahoma, Lawrence Co, Columbia and Shelbyville and Lincoln Co. Shelbyville goes to the pit in their last game and it will be the last regular season game for longtime coach Louis Thompson who is retiring from coaching at the end of the season. Columbia ends with Franklin Co and Lawrence Co goes to Tullahoma in Week 10.

What a crazy year so far in District 8AAA!! The loss last night by Tullahoma probably helps Lawrence County more than any other team considering the TSSAA tie breakers. It seems strange that head to head is not considered in determining a tie! I guess one team will be happy and one sad. Ttown still controls thier own destiny but if they play as flat as they did they could lose their next two and go from hosting to traveling in the playoffs. Congrats to Shelbyville for making the end of the season become interesting! Glad to see Lincoln County come around and start playing some good football. I for one am looking forward to the next two weeks!!