2011 Softball Signings

big_joe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to these young ladies and their families. Also congratulations to the coaches, both H.S. and travel ball that helped these girls achieve their dreams. It takes a lot of commitment and effort to get to this level.

I did do a sort on this data to see what schools had multiple kids signed. I know travel ball is where they get seen, but it is good data.

Thoughts?

5 LAWRENCE CO

4 GOODPASTURE

3 RIVERDALE

3 SODDY DAISY

2 COFFEE CO

2 EAST ROBERTSON

2 JOHNSON CO

2 KARNS

2 MT. JULIET

J,

I think you would agree that Coach Michael Connell (Worth organization) has had no less than 7 in just this class, by my count, on some of his teams for no less than one tournament and certainly a lot more would have benefited from his knowledge, tireless instruction and selfless promotion. He should be a D1 coach somewhere by now, which means some ADs are missing the boat.

J,

I think you would agree that Coach Michael Connell (Worth organization) has had no less than 7 in just this class, by my count, on some of his teams for no less than one tournament and certainly a lot more would have benefited from his knowledge, tireless instruction and selfless promotion. He should be a D1 coach somewhere by now, which means some ADs are missing the boat.

I TOTALLY agree.

Coach JV Goodpasture has 4 going to division I

Paige Neely, Austin Peay, OVC Divion I

Brittany Toney, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, OVC Division I (recently moved up from DII)

McKenzie Ledding, Southern Illinois Carbondale, Missouri Valley Conference Division I

Cheyanne Knepper, University @ Buffalo New York State, Mid American Conference Division I

Edited by nursecass

Meisel Signs with Lee Softball

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mt. Juliet High School (Tenn.) senior outfielder Kristin Meisel recently signed scholarship papers with coach Emily Russell and the Lee University softball team.

Meisel hit over .600 as a junior for the Lady Bears and head coach Kacey Pedigo during the 2010 season. She also stole 24 bases. An honor student, she plans to study forensic science at Lee.

http://www.leeuniversity.edu/athletics/newsDetails.aspx?Channel=%2FChannels%2FAthletics+Content&WorkflowItemID=8fa2ff04-9f90-4b0c-b921-893a77f812dc

J,

You guys crack me up!!!! Coach has done a good job!!

Coach JV Goodpasture has 4 going to division I

Paige Neely, Austin Peay, OVC Divion I

Brittany Toney, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, OVC Division I (recently moved up from DII)

McKenzie Ledding, Southern Illinois Carbondale, Missouri Valley Conference Division I

Cheyanne Knepper, University @ Buffalo New York State, Mid American Conference Division I

My bad nursecass...you are correct...I missed SIU-E because they were not D-1 in 2010...or they may have been but it was their first year in D1. My apologies to Brit on that one...maybe she won't hit me when she sees me at the park.)))

From what I see they are going to be strong and will help the OVC be a stronger conference.

Edited by CoachJV