Dickson Co. at Clarksville

SouthernFootball

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How should Dickson Co. do against the wildcats this friday before the Henry Co. comes to town?

Clarksville isn't a horrible team, but they certainly are turnover prone. They run 2 qb's. #5 is a little Doug Flutie clone, but is hit and miss. Against HC, he kept numerous plays alive and hit one for a long td and made a couple of other big plays. But he also threw a pick or two and took some big losses as well. #8 is the other qb in their "wildcat" formation (usually the rb). He rarely throws, they ran the rb pass twice with no success, but is a good runner. He's also their fs, so by the end of the game he's usually toast. Clarksville is very predictable on offense and runs a solid defense.

Clarksville isn't a horrible team, but they certainly are turnover prone. They run 2 qb's. #5 is a little Doug Flutie clone, but is hit and miss. Against HC, he kept numerous plays alive and hit one for a long td and made a couple of other big plays. But he also threw a pick or two and took some big losses as well. #8 is the other qb in their "wildcat" formation (usually the rb). He rarely throws, they ran the rb pass twice with no success, but is a good runner. He's also their fs, so by the end of the game he's usually toast. Clarksville is very predictable on offense and runs a solid defense.

Clarksville may not be bad but going off of how Henry Co. played them has been a good indication of how Dickson Co. will do.

DC-35

Clarksville-10

Clarksville may not be bad but going off of how Henry Co. played them has been a good indication of how Dickson Co. will do.

DC-35

Clarksville-10

Keep in mind that Clarksville High had a week off prior to their trip to Henry County. Plus, they have a former Patriot on their coaching staff..thus...the HC/Clarksville game is kinda the "Wildcat's Superbowl"...they(the Wildcats) are talented on offense and the mobility of Rodrigez the QB gives them a dangerous team even when plays seem to be snuffed out! Meriwhether is also one of the district's best athletes...He's big and fast and is hard to bring down. I (as always) am/was very impressed with the Clarksville Cats...they seem to always play their best game against the Patriots. If I were a Cougar, I wouldn't be too concerned about Henry County...given the scare the Cougars got from West Creek...I'd keep my focus on Clarksville High until Saturday morning!

Keep in mind that Clarksville High had a week off prior to their trip to Henry County. Plus, they have a former Patriot on their coaching staff..thus...the HC/Clarksville game is kinda the "Wildcat's Superbowl"...they(the Wildcats) are talented on offense and the mobility of Rodrigez the QB gives them a dangerous team even when plays seem to be snuffed out! Meriwhether is also one of the district's best athletes...He's big and fast and is hard to bring down. I (as always) am/was very impressed with the Clarksville Cats...they seem to always play their best game against the Patriots. If I were a Cougar, I wouldn't be too concerned about Henry County...given the scare the Cougars got from West Creek...I'd keep my focus on Clarksville High until Saturday morning!

Highly doubt that Dickson will overlook Clarksville. Clarksville took Dickson to the wire last season, and could very well do the same this year. Don't think that will happen, but I'm confident the cougars are not looking past this one. That being said, DC rolls 31-7.

this game is reallly a trap game for Dickson, it is on the road and right before the Henry county game, Clarksville will have a stout defense, their offense struggles, but again, they will be at home, Dickson wins this game 4 out of 5 times but look out it may be that one. If they lose it and still beat HEnry County, they can still be district champs. I will say this, I hope that Dickson wins so that it will be undefeated versus undefeated (in district) next week for the outright title.