Hall of Champions at Bolivar

yankees8589

That's true....it's not a tournament...actually it's what I call a shootout. Liberty might beat Marshall County by double digits...we will see. I believe this Marshall County team is coming to West TN to make a statement and I think they just might do it. Now, I'm a West TN guy but I wouldn't sell MC short. Liberty is going to have to establish an identity, with the new coach and the loss of TJ, what that identity is remains to be seen. Just to early to tell. This Liberty team will live and die with Bartnett, even though he isn't the best player although a very good one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true....it's not a tournament...actually it's what I call a shootout. Liberty might beat Marshall County by double digits...we will see. I believe this Marshall County team is coming to West TN to make a statement and I think they just might do it. Now, I'm a West TN guy but I wouldn't sell MC short. Liberty is going to have to establish an identity, with the new coach and the loss of TJ, what that identity is remains to be seen. Just to early to tell. This Liberty team will live and die with Bartnett, even though he isn't the best player although a very good one.

Bolivar will not be able to matchup against Ridgeway. Bolivar and Liberty will give MC all they want. Kendren is a stud that is carrying a team on his back. That works in middle tn. not so much west of the Tn. river.

MC is smart to come to west TN. to play Liberty and Bolivar. To be the best you have to beat the best.

Edited by btownbasketball

I don't know what Bolivar or Liberty will have this year, but I do know that Marshall Co. will be one of the best teams in AA. Kedren will have a great year as usual, but won't have to carry this team. They have other players that can play ball. Of course Kedren is the best player on the team, and would be at a lot of schools. But just because your the best player on a team, doesn't mean you have to carry your team. Kedren will see a lot of double teams, but will dish it off to other ball players. I will say this, if Bolivar or Liberty want to beat MC, this classic would be a good shot. The reason why I say this(no disrespect to Bolivar or Liberty),is because we have 2 starters and a few more that are still in football, and even if they lose in the playoffs this Friday, will only have a few days of bball under their belt. The chemistry, not to mention basketball legs, won't be there. Good luck to all teams and Go Marshall Co.!!!!

Yankee I wouldn't be surprised if Bolivar left this classic with two wins...hopefully I can get in to see. Ridgeway will have nice guard play and the return of 6'6 Cordario Fleming after sitting out last year

You think Bolivar can beat Ridgeway. I was thinking Ridgeway might put it on Bolivar, like a woodshed game. Bolivar has a GREAT coach but so does Ridgeway. Now you have me more than interested. I know Ridgeway is in somewhat of a rebuilding mode but in my opinion that's only becuase they play in Memphis...they would probably win any other district in the state.

I think Bolivar might lose both games but I would not be surprised if they beat Marshall County. It will be interesting to see how well the Bolivar backcourt plays after losing Murphy and Tisdale, both were 4 year starters. Bolivar is going to be a contender in AA but it will be awhile before they hit their stride....keep a close eye on Dez Robertson, a soph. This kid is going to be a stud.

I think people are sleeping on Marshall County. I know it's way early but Marshall County is my pick to win it all this season. I believe this team is hungry and on a mission. They have more than enough talent to win it all in AA. This is not one of those years where a team from the West will be a prohibitive favorite, in my opinion. The road is much easier in AA.

Edited by yankees8589

I don't know what Bolivar or Liberty will have this year, but I do know that Marshall Co. will be one of the best teams in AA. Kedren will have a great year as usual, but won't have to carry this team. They have other players that can play ball. Of course Kedren is the best player on the team, and would be at a lot of schools. But just because your the best player on a team, doesn't mean you have to carry your team. Kedren will see a lot of double teams, but will dish it off to other ball players. I will say this, if Bolivar or Liberty want to beat MC, this classic would be a good shot. The reason why I say this(no disrespect to Bolivar or Liberty),is because we have 2 starters and a few more that are still in football, and even if they lose in the playoffs this Friday, will only have a few days of bball under their belt. The chemistry, not to mention basketball legs, won't be there. Good luck to all teams and Go Marshall Co.!!!!

So if Marshall Co. beats Liberty and Bolivar they are one of the best teams in AA. But if one or both beat them its because of the football playoffs. FYI both Liberty and Bolivar are in the playoffs which means nothing, play with what you got.

Next Liberty and Bolivar played for the goldball last year and Bolivar has eliminated Marshall Co. the last two years in playoff games so I do not think wanting to beat MC is that much of a priority. But I can see how it would help MC in the long run because I am sure that they will see some team from the west in March. Good luck to all in this very hyped exibition. Of all the pre season tourneys in the state this has got to be the best lineup. :thumb:

Having players out for football can be a major set back if the players are starters. In Marshall Co.'s case, they have at least 2, but that's irrelevant now since they got beat. So btownbasketball based on your comment, which was play with what you have. I'll take that as if you have 2 or more starters that are out it shouldn't affect your teams play. Anyway, good luck to all, and Go get 'em MC Tigers.

Having players out for football can be a major set back if the players are starters. In Marshall Co.'s case, they have at least 2, but that's irrelevant now since they got beat. So btownbasketball based on your comment, which was play with what you have. I'll take that as if you have 2 or more starters that are out it shouldn't affect your teams play. Anyway, good luck to all, and Go get 'em MC Tigers.

What I mean is what I said, play with what you got. This is a glorified exibition, if you lose you don't have to count the game. It is one step above a play day. If this was later in the season then missing starters would be a problem. Relax and enjoy the exibition. :popcorneater: