South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

One thing SP has to work on is tackling..To many people trying to deliver a big hit and just hit with their shoulders..that will not cut it guys...especially against good runners like Polk and Signal had....All players need to watch Josh Parker..man hits and wraps up...Maybe the pirates should just do Oklahoma drills all week..I think we have gotten away from pirate football..I hate to say it..but I think we have lost some of our toughness..When we were great what were we known for? We was just like TC, here it is, we are going to run it, now stop us..We do not have that tough mentality and it has come back to bite us...07 team had it so far this years team does not..Thats why I always said I wished sp would have stayed in the wingT and not went to spread..you can do many things and score many points with all the athletes we have in the WingT...We have got to get that physical toughness back..

Polk County-Benton is plain and simple a much better team. That is the bottom line. 6 turnovers by SP didnt help, but even without turnovers they still lose this game. I disagree with the comment about no competition in the east for SP. This SP team is a VERY young team. If Gordonsville, Copper Basin, Jo Byrns or anyone else in 1A is as good as Polk County-Benton then they deserve to win it all and will beat this SP team. The Gold Ball is still the goal. Keep working and see what happens.

On a side note, some of the comments on this thread from some of the outsiders are pretty sickening. SP has a few posters on here that have to be humbled sometime. The majority of SP supporters dont see things like a few on here do. Some of the crap these outsiders post is pretty lame though. SP lost bad, it sucks but they need to move on. Forget it. They lost to a GOOD 3A team, it happens.

I can pretty much Guarantee you there will be no teams in 1A including SP as good as Signal or Polk

We heard the same things in 06.

They can beat SP,but for either team to win, they have to execute.

And as far as Gville being 50 points better than last year, I think they are, but this isn't last year's SP team we're talking about. And, I don't care if they're 50 points better than last year just as long as they're better than SP and the rest of 1A, I'll be happy with that.

Croz, I am sure Gordonsville has improved since last year....and the Pirates are a different team than last year no doubt. I expect a good game between the two if we meet in the playoffs. Like I said in my other post....if we turn the ball over like we did last night, a quality opponent will make us pay. My comment was just that Slim is a Pirate hater and always bashes us when we lose.

Big Sow....you won by a fieldgoal last year....I don't think that counts as being manhandled. That game could have gone either way.

Last night was a manhandling by Polk County. I think it is just what the Pirates needed to get focused for the playoffs. Once you realize you are not unbeatable, it usually increases the hard work and focus of a team.

I refer you to Grider's remarks and Malcolm's remarks after the game sir. The score does not reflect what happened. The both said yall where manhandled. So the head caoch and one of your star players saw it diferantly than you. sorry

Whether SP has to travel in playoffs or not now I still say noone comes close to them in the east side..Now the west, if they made it to the state would be a close one but look at your east teams that would play SP potentially ( Eagleville, Gordonsville, Copper Basin) From what I have seen, nothing to be worried about any of these teams...Now with that being said..you have to go and execute

go into a game with the " no worries" attitude you will get beaten again.your crazy if you think sp is that much better than gordonsville. we have played as good or better than polk this year and have been nowhere near the mercy beatdown.i would be worried. no wonder why everyone loves to see you all get thrashed, look at the crap talk usually 150 to 210 pages of it every week. better get you a game plan to handle big physical teams because thats what gordonsville has. dont forget we are a little fast too. no worries for them pirates.

Whether SP has to travel in playoffs or not now I still say noone comes close to them in the east side..Now the west, if they made it to the state would be a close one but look at your east teams that would play SP potentially ( Eagleville, Gordonsville, Copper Basin) From what I have seen, nothing to be worried about any of these teams...Now with that being said..you have to go and execute

You didn't think there was anything to worry about with UC, or Boyd or Polk in 2009.

Congrads to the Cats. Best overall TEAM effort I've seen in a long time. Thought it was the best effort by the D-line all year and we had to have it. O-line worked their butts off ( SP has some huge O and D linemen so you cant say Polk was a lot bigger size wise granted we have more numbers). Yes SP had turnovers but Polk turned it over also in the early going. Good teams make their breaks and both of these team are good and you expect them to turn the other team over. Most successfull senior class in school history and most have been playing big roles for three years. Very fortunate to have been blessed with a group like this on and off the field! Lee, Hargrove, and Allen are such a great blend of great tallent in different areas of the game and compliment each other so well. Throw in the youngsters in Akins, Saxe, and Mull and thats one of the deepest groups of skill guys we've had in a long time. Polk fans will remember this bunch for a long time.

As for South Pitt you all don't need to jump off that big bridge down there yet. You know your a good team, too bad a FEW of your fans want to get all doomesday and the coaches that were so great become dummies overnight (those folks sound like Bradley fans lol). AS for the QB, cut the kid some slack. He was getting swarmed all night. When he got up in the second half after Hargrove (best linebacker I've ever seen here) PLANTED him from the blind side that was enough to make me a fan. GUTS. Most guys would have called it a night at that point. Good luck to you in the playoffs and I am sure you will go far. Thanks for the good words from the classy SP fans on here. Respect is gotten when respect is given.

Edited by bigcat77
  • Upvote 1

I refer you to Grider's remarks and Malcolm's remarks after the game sir. The score does not reflect what happened. The both said yall where manhandled. So the head caoch and one of your star players saw it diferantly than you. sorry

Score did not indicate it...manhandling is what happened to us last night. Your team had trouble containing the Pirates just like we had trouble containing your offense. Pretty much the team that had the ball last won the game.

One thing about it, the Pirates are at least in the hunt this year....I know them Tornados will not be with that one year wonder team ya'll had last year.

Edited by UncleDave

Congrads to the Cats. Best overall TEAM effort I've seen in a long time. Thought it was the best effort by the D-line all year and we had to have it. O-line worked their butts off ( SP has some huge O and D linemen so you cant say Polk was a lot bigger size wise granted we have more numbers). Yes SP had turnovers but Polk turned it over also in the early going. Good teams make their breaks and both of these team are good and you expect them to turn the other team over. Most successfull senior class in school history and most have been playing big roles for three years. Very fortunate to have been blessed with a group like this on and off the field! Lee, Hargrove, and Allen are such a great blend of great tallent in different areas of the game and compliment each other so well. Throw in the youngsters in Akins, Saxe, and Mull and thats one of the deepest groups of skill guys we've had in a long time. Polk fans will remember this bunch for a long time.

As for South Pitt you all don't need to jump off that big bridge down there yet. You know your a good team, too bad a FEW of your fans want to get all doomesday and the coaches that were so great become dummies overnight (those folks sound like Bradley fans lol). AS for the QB, cut the kid some slack. He was getting swarmed all night. When he got up in the second half after Hargrove (best linebacker I've ever seen here) PLANTED him from the blind side that was enough to make me a fan. GUTS. Most guys would have called it a night at that point. Good luck to you in the playoffs and I am sure you will go far. Thanks for the good words from the classy SP fans on here. Respect is gotten when respect is given.

Thanks bigcat! I was proud of him getting up from that hit and not fumbling. I'll pass the word on to him. He is real sore this morning.

Score did not indicate it...manhandling is what happened to us last night. Your team had trouble containing the Pirates just like we had trouble containing your offense. Pretty much the team that had the ball last won the game.

One thing about it, the Pirates are at least in the hunt this year....I know them Tornados will not be with that one year wonder team ya'll had last year.

You are right uncle! We wont be in the hunt this year . We only have 3 seniors on the team. We will be playing for it all again in a year or 2.but If we played the cupcakes yall play (in your district that is) we would be In the middle of it again. Its MAN SIZED FOOTBALL.

Thanks bigcat! I was proud of him getting up from that hit and not fumbling. I'll pass the word on to him. He is real sore this morning.

Hey ZonePirate: Let him know that he is one tough fella. Most guys would have laid there and called it a night. I was very diappointed about last night and the referee made some really bad calls that were crucial on both sides of the ball, however I do agree we were manhandled by a team that took the game much more serious than we did. We came out healthy though, and that is the most important post-game factor. Kudos to PC for having such a fine group of senior leadership. Let #12 know that we will be fine, and so will he. We are no doubt the favorite to win a gold ball this year. One playoff game at a time. I know I talk alot of smack every week on here, but it is only to have fun. Football is about teaching a young man character, accountability, and teamwork. The SPHS staff does a fine job at doing just that.-------HowiePirate!---Class of 1985!

Hey ZonePirate: Let him know that he is one tough fella. Most guys would have laid there and called it a night. I was very diappointed about last night and the referee made some really bad calls that were crucial on both sides of the ball, however I do agree we were manhandled by a team that took the game much more serious than we did. We came out healthy though, and that is the most important post-game factor. Kudos to PC for having such a fine group of senior leadership. Let #12 know that we will be fine, and so will he. We are no doubt the favorite to win a gold ball this year. One playoff game at a time. I know I talk alot of smack every week on here, but it is only to have fun. Football is about teaching a young man character, accountability, and teamwork. The SPHS staff does a fine job at doing just that.-------HowiePirate!---Class of 1985!

Howie I'd love to rub it in about all the smack you were talking but you are right it's all in good fun. #12 for SP is as tough as I've seen because most QBs that are hit my Hargrove like that don't get up and keep playing. As I said last night good luck in getting another gold ball and if you play Basin monkey stomp them.